Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd prefer The Hives if we're going down that route, great fun live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

i'd prefer The Hives if we're going down that route, great fun live!

Saw them at the weekend. Pele ripping the piss out of the crowd for being royalists. So funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Hives at Reading 2014 were fantastic, would be a great addition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Darkness and the Hives? Jesus lads, the heat must be getting to yiz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Other Voices first acts just announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

davew121 wrote: »

Twitter said so but couldn't see them!?

Edit- 5 bands incl Soak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

SOAK | GWENNO | STELLA DONNELLY | WHENYOUNG | DOWRY

Small but welcome announcement

Takes a bit of the bad look off it.

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Other Voices 1|May 3|July 5
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very happy with SOAK

i could listen to her singing all day

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

Nice and regular announcements over the next few weeks would keep me happy and excited! 2nd main announcement hopefully following soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

roly123 wrote: »
    Nice and regular announcements over the next few weeks would keep me happy and excited! 2nd main announcement hopefully following soon

Wonder is it gearing towards a main announcement tomorrow?

Can anyone remember in previous years for the 2nd main lineup was there an announcement of the announcement lol or did they just release more acts

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Wonder is it gearing towards a main announcement tomorrow?

Can anyone remember in previous years for the 2nd main lineup was there an announcement of the announcement lol or did they just release more acts

There was an announcement before the announcement last year anyway :/ Guess we can rule out tomorrow , hope Im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

i reckon (and hope) the earlier speculation about "The The" being included is on the money. So no announcement until after the gig at Iveagh Gardens this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I've been listening to so much James since Rock in Rio last week I have myself convinced they'll be announced.

Gutted it they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Happy with Soak and When Young are also very good.. I'm not a huge fan of the Other Voices stage. Been a few times for the bigger names/bands and find it very claustrophobic when it's full... They get some great acts though, would love their satge to be a little bigger... But perhaps the small intimate size is what makes it "Other Voices"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gwenno is a great announcement. Reckon she’ll be playing the main arena too. A pal gave great feedback from her recent UK tour.

i reckon (and hope) the earlier speculation about "The The" being included is on the money. So no announcement until after the gig at Iveagh Gardens this weekend.

Agreed. We discussed this two weeks ago. Their tour pauses after Iveagh on Sat then resumes on Mon 3 September, also including Festival No 6 the week after EP. Looks pretty likely.

Another possibility is Kraftwerk who play Cork on the 11th but that may be an Irish exclusive.

Either way I’m optimistic about the next big announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Agreed. We discussed this two weeks ago. Their tour pauses after Iveagh on Sat then resumes on Mon 3 September, also including Festival No 6 the week after EP. Looks pretty likely.

Another possibility is Kraftwerk who play Cork on the 11th but that may be an Irish exclusive.

Either way I’m optimistic about the next big announcement.

We are missing a big dance act.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I've seen Soak before at EP. Highly recommended. Gwenno is also very exciting. Superb voice. Nice tunes.
    All feeling a bit better now!

We are missing a big dance act.

Absolutely. But it really doesn’t look like we’re going to get one given the touring schedules of the usual suspects. Orbital and other acts at Beatyard I’d have loved at EP. And I also prefer that lineup to ATN. The Sunday is astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Absolutely. But it really doesn’t look like we’re going to get one given the touring schedules of the usual suspects. Orbital and other acts at Beatyard I’d have loved at EP. And I also prefer that lineup to ATN.

Yeah if I wasn't doing ATN would've probably volunteered for Beatyard again, twas perfect with the Dart to the festival site and then my mates camper (he was also volunteering) parked up in North Pier (only 4 Euro a night). Beatyard have really upped the ante this year with their lineup, especially with the likes of Daniel Avery, Orbital, Little Dragon, Kamasi Washington The Jacksons (I've actually heard bad reports about their gigs where they basically are just phoning it in in, so to speak) but a mad good lineup that would look good if it played ATN instead for that matter.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Fontaines DC have self announced for the Sunday. Anyone who hasn’t seen these, check them out. Savage Dublin band

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Fontaines DC have self announced for the Sunday. Anyone who hasn’t seen these, check them out. Savage Dublin band

Sunday of EP, ah good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Darkness and the Hives? Jesus lads, the heat must be getting to yiz!!

Get in the sea, you sperm whale. The hives are a brilliant band, and you should go boil your head under a silly person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Get in the sea, you sperm whale. The hives are a brilliant band, and you should go boil your head under a silly person.

The first (but hopefully not the last) time I hear ‘sperm whale’ as an insult and not just the biggest mammal going.

Amazing work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Victorious festival has some stuff that would not look bad on the EP bill, The week before in the UK.

VF18_line-up_A3_April-1-724x1024.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Weller popping up there again, please baby jehovah, if you want a new believer make it happen*

* T&C’s apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Sleaford Mods would be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Great shout on the Hives! Was a big fan of them back in the day too. Aaaaaaand there's a big EP sized gap in their tour!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah if I wasn't doing ATN would've probably volunteered for Beatyard again, twas perfect with the Dart to the festival site and then my mates camper (he was also volunteering) parked up in North Pier (only 4 Euro a night). Beatyard have really upped the ante this year with their lineup, especially with the likes of Daniel Avery, Orbital, Little Dragon, Kamasi Washington The Jacksons (I've actually heard bad reports about their gigs where they basically are just phoning it in in, so to speak) but a mad good lineup that would look good if it played ATN instead for that matter.

Sunday alone has Daniel Avery, Kiasmos, Sugarhill Gang, Orbital, St. Germain, Andrew Weatherall, The Skalites, King Kong Kompany and some others. I can't go but that's one hell of a one-day lineup.

And yeah, The Jacksons seemed a little flat on the Glasto BBC coverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement