Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Sleaford Mods would be great..

I think they were on an original poster (as Phoenix were last year) but were then removed. Should be certs unless they've pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sleaford mods were in the first announcement I think? Maybe accidentally put in the poster then removed?

Brian Wilson would be glorious. Wouldn't mind Years and Years, saw them 3 years ago as a skeptic but they were infectiously upbeat. Good early afternoon main stage act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We’ve not had Mr. Bragg in 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Victorious festival has some stuff that would not look bad on the EP bill, The week before in the UK.

VF18_line-up_A3_April-1-724x1024.jpg
    Looks like the prodigy are our best chance for a big dance act....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I would also love to see James added, don't sleep on Friendly Fires, great band, cracking beat driven indie pop bangers for all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

would love the libertines, Paul weller, billy bragg, happy mondays, the cribs, the prodigy, friendly fires and gomez from that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I would also love to see James added, don't sleep on Friendly Fires, great band, cracking beat driven indie pop bangers for all!
    I think they're the band I'm looking forward to most, so good live, full on party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Of the current lineup, Friendly Fires are the standout act for me. Top class band, would be unreal live I'd imagine. For some reason, I managed to sell my tickets off when they were playing the Olympia or the ambassador back in the day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Wouldn't mind seeing Reverend and the Makers appear on the line up. Saw them at indiependence way back when and they were good craic. I see they're on the Victorious poster. Possible if not probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Fontaines DC have self announced for the Sunday. Anyone who hasn’t seen these, check them out. Savage Dublin band

Saw these guys at B&S recently. Excellent live band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Fontaines DC have self announced for the Sunday. Anyone who hasn’t seen these, check them out. Savage Dublin band

Saw these guys at B&S recently. Excellent live band.
    Now this is more like it! Not heard of them before, but after a couple of listens will definitely try and catch their set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Dua Lipa's PR team think EP is in Dublin. Might please some if she ends up there and not in Stradbally for her set.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Those few teasers were nice this week but it looks like that elusive second main area announcement isn't coming today either...:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Young fathers have been touring with Massive Attack for a good while, plenty of their song collaborations in MAs setlist, and they're in the UK around EP, with no gigs for the dates. Must be a decent possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Saw Young Fathers at It Takes A Village and All Points East this year. One of the best live bands on the go. If they're announced, put 'em top of your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Young fathers have been touring with Massive Attack for a good while, plenty of their song collaborations in MAs setlist, and they're in the UK around EP, with no gigs for the dates. Must be a decent possibility.

Would welcome them back but I think too soon after a significant slot last Sept.

Fontaines very good in Jerry Fish last year too, have an energetic Strokes/Clash sound. And annoyingly good looking too, lead singer looks like a Jackeen Josh Hartnett. That should help draw a few extra souls into their tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Saw Young Fathers at It Takes A Village and All Points East this year. One of the best live bands on the go. If they're announced, put 'em top of your list.

They played the Electric Arena on the Friday last year (one of my highlights of the weekend). Slim chance they play 2 years in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

8 weeks today..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Loved them last year. They'd be a massive addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    8 weeks today..

Sleeps are the correct unit of measurement round here and don't be bringing these fancy big city week things into the forum like some sort of dressed up dandy swinging a big chunk of time round like you've got a big clock or sommat.

There are 56 sleeps till EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thinking of heading down on the Thursday, so 55 sleeps.

Poorside wrote: »
    Thinking of heading down on the Thursday, so 55 sleeps.

Thinking the same myself.. Trying to decide if its worth the extra €25.. Anyone go early last year??? Any music round salty dog.. Anywhere to get grub???
    I know they advertised comedy on the Thurs night this year but would be happier with some music...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Thinking the same myself.. Trying to decide if its worth the extra €25.. Anyone go early last year??? Any music round salty dog.. Anywhere to get grub???
    I know they advertised comedy on the Thurs night this year but would be happier with some music...

I think my plan is to head into Stradbally for a couple of pints, heard it’s normally great craic the Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I went down Thursday last year wasn't anything on id say this year will be different. Still was nice to walk around the place with hardly anyone around seeing empty campsites was funny. Nice to get in without queues and seeing the place fill up on Friday was a great build up. I'll probably do the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Fontaines DC are an excellent addition, great Irish talent

haitens wrote: »
    I went down Thursday last year wasn't anything on id say this year will be different. Still was nice to walk around the place with hardly anyone around seeing empty campsites was funny. Nice to get in without queues and seeing the place fill up on Friday was a great build up. I'll probably do the same this year

Was there anywhere to get food... Not sure If I need to bring disposable BBQ for breakie etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I didn't notice any food open I went down to the town Thursday eve for something to eat coffee hut in Joplin was open early enough on Friday morning
    Was there anywhere to get food... Not sure If I need to bring disposable BBQ for breakie etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Loved them last year. They'd be a massive addition.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed too. Saw them in the Academy this year and have had them on non stop since. massive attack being there gives me hope

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sleeps are the correct unit of measurement round here and don't be bringing these fancy big city week things into the forum like some sort of dressed up dandy swinging a big chunk of time round like you've got a big clock or sommat.

There are 56 sleeps till EP.

55 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Loads of eateries in Stradbally anyway you could go to on Thursday. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement