Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would like to see Jon Hopkins added to the new announcement, he seems to be a regular enough visitor to Ireland and I was blown away by his B&S set this year. I can't stop playing the new album, lovely stuff, I see he is touring again from the middle of September in the US. Its worth catching his new show at Vicar St.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The The played a much shorter set than the rest of the tour due to the Iveagh Gardens curfew, Matt said they could have played another hour. Hopefully Seathrun66's prediction is correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What a set, though! I loved every minute of that. Fecking announce them already. I don't care what else is on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What a set, though! I loved every minute of that. Fecking announce them already. I don't care what else is on the bill.

I thought they were terribly flat and lifeless, most disappointing for me, the songs lacked any sort of punch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Stillill42 wrote: »

I thought they were terribly flat and lifeless, most disappointing for me, the songs lacked any sort of punch
    Really?? I don't know, I was close to the front and centre, proper fans around me, everyone belting out every word, I thought he was in great voice, band were excellent, I don't get that at all, Although you're not the first one I've heard give them a negative review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I thought The The were very impressive. Our lot stayed at the back and the sound was simply not loud enough. I've not seen a gig at Iveagh before but there must be pretty stringent noise restrictions. If they play EP then hopefully they'll blast us away.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I thought The The were very impressive. Our lot stayed at the back and the sound was simply not loud enough. I've not seen a gig at Iveagh before but there must be pretty stringent noise restrictions. If they play EP then hopefully they'll blast us away.

I've seen Fleet foxes and Richard Hawley there and didn't notice any discernable drop in volume from a regular outdoor gig... But I'd tend to be pretty front and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I've seen Fleet foxes and Richard Hawley there and didn't notice any discernable drop in volume from a regular outdoor gig... But I'd tend to be pretty front and centre.

Yeah, it looked great at the front from the view I had whenever I went to the toilets. I think they'll be noisier and possibly more dynamic if they play EP. And we might get Giant in the setlist, a bad omission yesterday and on this leg of the tour. Otherwise great choice of tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do the position of the 3 headliners on the poster indicate what night they are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Later than usual with my playlist making this year but have a shtart on it now...

Field Music sounding fantastic on a quick listen to their current setlist today - an ideal act for between 5 and 7 on Saturday or Sunday, get me going for the evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

everlast75 wrote: »
    Do the position of the 3 headliners on the poster indicate what night they are playing?

Yeah I would assume Kendrick is Friday, Massive on Saturday and Nerd closing Sunday but I think a few large fonted subs is going to be filling in there just below them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yeah, it looked great at the front from the view I had whenever I went to the toilets. I think they'll be noisier and possibly more dynamic if they play EP. And we might get Giant in the setlist, a bad omission yesterday and on this leg of the tour. Otherwise great choice of tracks.

I'd be raging if they didn't play 'Giant'.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Another week of speculation begins. Expecting a few sponsors stages to be announced this week, Heineken, Electric Ireland etc.. possibly a Body and Soul one towards the end of the week, and obviously Radiohead will self announce that they're headlining the three nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think we'll get the woods announcement this week based on last week's instagram post. I'd like to think we'll get the main announcement too but the longer the wait the more I think they are holding out till just before ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What if there is no "second" main announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

What if there is no "second" main announcement?

WELL THEN WE MARCH AT DAWN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No doubt a few more acts that will play on main stage and some headliners for EA but maybe we should not expect any world beaters. Kendrick would have cost huge money, NERD cant imagine they are cheap also, Massive Attack maybe not as much as the former but still expensive enough I would imagine.

optogirl wrote: »
    WELL THEN WE MARCH AT DAWN

Do we, or do we not bring pitchforks? 'Cause if we do, i need to nip down to Woodies during lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Do we, or do we not bring pitchforks? 'Cause if we do, i need to nip down to Woodies during lunch...

Do you have one of them trowels for weeding? That will do grand

optogirl wrote: »
    Do you have one of them trowels for weeding? That will do grand

Oh okay.

I just didn't want to be "that guy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Would like to see Jon Hopkins added to the new announcement, he seems to be a regular enough visitor to Ireland and I was blown away by his B&S set this year. I can't stop playing the new album, lovely stuff, I see he is touring again from the middle of September in the US. Its worth catching his new show at Vicar St.

I'd love this too, i'd say its pretty unlikely though with B&S and his Vicar street gig. :(

I work for a competitor of Woodies, I'll do you a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hoes are where it's at, we should all have a hoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Hoes are where it's at, we should all have a hoe.

I have a slightly rusty pair of secateurs, that’s going to scare the life out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Yeah.

You can tell he's dead inside.

Yeah.

You can tell he's dead inside.

Try doing that at my age, he'd be dead outside too.

Nearly crying because his phone was dead???, he needs to stay away from the brown acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Hi Lads and Ladies,

Long time watcher, first time poster.

Came across a lad on done deal selling pink moon camping for EP this year. Seriously considering buying however I am not sure if it is possible to sell pink moon camping second hand? Would any of you know if this is alright to do?

• Advertisement

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Hi Lads and Ladies,

Long time watcher, first time poster.

Came across a lad on done deal selling pink moon camping for EP this year. Seriously considering buying however I am not sure if it is possible to sell pink moon camping second hand? Would any of you know if this is alright to do?

Would be, all they look for is proof of purchase and don’t check ID, I’d be wary of it though, probably better to get onto PM and see if there’s a cancellation list you can get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement