Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Haven't they been announced already?

Really? Been so long since the first announcement I’ve forgotten. I’ll avoid so

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Friendly Fires have an EP sized gap in their schedule. Saw them this past weekend and they bored me

fair enough. Not for everybody I get that.

For me, fantastic band, great energy, one of the best drummers I have ever seen live

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Really? Been so long since the first announcement I’ve forgotten. I’ll avoid so

I've never seen them, so will go for a look, if they're poor, I'll go for a pint.... if they're good, I'll send the Mrs to get me a pint. This isn't my first rodeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

jaysus-for a minute there i thought that was the second announcement! Mind you i'm not getting my hopes up that slowdive alvvays, belly, perfume genius, the breeders etc or anyone else that's touring but not currently with a gig in ireland (yes i know the breeders were here recently)

or 'this will destroy you', whom I saw at the cure gig in london last weekend - v good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

roll wrote: »
    jaysus-for a minute there i thought that was the second announcement! Mind you i'm not getting my hopes up that slowdive alvvays, belly, perfume genius, the breeders etc or anyone else that's touring but not currently with a gig in ireland (yes i know the breeders were here recently)

perfume genius was stunning last year,
    not for everyone, quite dark and moody
    but no shortage of passion

perfume genius was stunning last year,
    not for everyone, quite dark and moody
    but no shortage of passion

indeed he was, but he was even better at the tivoli just before christmas!

everlast75 wrote: »
    fair enough. Not for everybody I get that.

For me, fantastic band, great energy, one of the best drummers I have ever seen live

No doubt they’re energetic, esp the dancing lead singer, channelling Dave Gahan in his white jeans. Their songs are just really similar to each other. One or two crackers in there for sure though.

roll wrote: »

I’m really hopeful for Belly too but they’re in the US all of autumn and not sure they’d dedicate a trip to Europe just for EP. Even though they’re free on that weekend it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Cant believe you guys are still waiting on announcements !!!

European festivals are the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I've never seen them, so will go for a look, if they're poor, I'll go for a pint.... if they're good, I'll send the Mrs to get me a pint. This isn't my first rodeo.

#metoo

s8n wrote: »

GET BEHIND ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

s8n wrote: »

Has Irexit happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus I also got very excited when I saw ghostdancers post saying "yes" and a poster below! False alarm.

Is there any chance they are waiting for Longitude to finish and might be sharing an act or two with them? I vaguely remember one or two acts being announced after Longitude a couple of years ago although it was probably just Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Jesus I also got very excited when I saw ghostdancers post saying "yes" and a poster below! False alarm.

Is there any chance they are waiting for Longitude to finish and might be sharing an act or two with them? I vaguely remember one or two acts being announced after Longitude a couple of years ago although it was probably just Irish acts.

I hope not, I haven’t a clue who any of them are. I’m not down with the hippity hoppity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would like Sampha, Anderson Paak, Laoise, Joey Badass, Tyler, EVE, Le Boom, The Internet and Solange from the Longitude lineup.

Laoise, EVE and Le Boom are probably the only ones that are remotely likely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Could be worse what if it's Bruno Mars holding up the announcement........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

haitens wrote: »

Stop that immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Weeping Jesus, no!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I was joking...... but I think I've unnecessarily worried myself😂

optogirl wrote: »
    Stop that immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

haitens wrote: »

You see what their delaying tactics has caused us to resort to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

would like Sampha, Anderson Paak, Laoise, Joey Badass, Tyler, EVE, Le Boom, The Internet and Solange from the Longitude lineup.

Laoise, EVE and Le Boom are probably the only ones that are remotely likely though.

Id trade half the current line up for Anderson Paak!
    love the guy

joey was great at EP couple of years ago
    Love to see Tyler too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not really any non-Irish acts on the Longitude lineup I would like either but just trying to think of reasons the lineup might be delayed and to save a meltdown this Friday if we still haven't heard anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

i really dont think its anything to do with longitude. if thats the case they would be waiting for atn to be over as well..alot of people on here thaught they were waiting for b and s and then that came and went so im not sure whats going on... the tickets are sold so their winning either way... as someone that has gone for years it does leave a sour taste... theres always been a wait but 7 weeks before is a bit mad.. if one or two bands have contactual issues then leave them till one of the later announcements... and yes i know im wrong i bought the ticket without knowing the lineup but i jus wanna listen to some music of acts that will be playing... iv well gone thru the initial list of acts they gave us...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

tonto123 wrote: »
    i really dont think its anything to do with longitude. if thats the case they would be waiting for atn to be over as well..alot of people on here thaught they were waiting for b and s and then that came and went so im not sure whats going on... the tickets are sold so their winning either way... as someone that has gone for years it does leave a sour taste... theres always been a wait but 7 weeks before is a bit mad.. if one or two bands have contactual issues then leave them till one of the later announcements... and yes i know im wrong i bought the ticket without knowing the lineup but i jus wanna listen to some music of acts that will be playing... iv well gone thru the initial list of acts they gave us...

More I think about it the more I feel it will be announced after the 2 Coronas gigs in Cork this weekend.

Whats the point of detracting from ATN? EP is sold out and ATN is almost sold out so cant see any benefit of a PR offensive in the run up to ATN.

It’s lunchtime Wednesday... no announcement about an announcement. Looks like another week shall pass. Hope I’m wrong. There’s gotta be a very good reason for this, but we will probably never know it.

yup we will never know , i really dont think ep are waiting for the coronas to finish up gigs before making announcements.... id be worried if thats how their mind works.. but hey who knows

it will surely have to be a decent announcement after the wait they have given people . lets hope

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

I would doubt the delay would be any indication as to the quality of the announcement. I’m sure (hopefully), when it does finally come along, it’ll be a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If we are waiting on Corona gigs to pass we are well and truly f*cked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement