Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

tonto123 wrote: »
    i really dont think its anything to do with longitude. if thats the case they would be waiting for atn to be over as well..alot of people on here thaught they were waiting for b and s and then that came and went so im not sure whats going on... the tickets are sold so their winning either way... as someone that has gone for years it does leave a sour taste... theres always been a wait but 7 weeks before is a bit mad.. if one or two bands have contactual issues then leave them till one of the later announcements... and yes i know im wrong i bought the ticket without knowing the lineup but i jus wanna listen to some music of acts that will be playing... iv well gone thru the initial list of acts they gave us...

Other than the hip hop acts,who would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

to be honest theres no one there on the lineup so far im too excited abou or that i would go see and a stand alone gigt, but out of whats there id happily go along and see a few like peggy gou, nina kraviz, sigrid, st vincent but am really hoping for more..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Festival Republic are probably way to busy with longitude and latitude running this weekend to worry about us here pulling our hair out with frustration... I can't understand delay but I just hope it will have been worth it when it finally does arrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

roll wrote: »
    GET BEHIND ME!

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

s8n wrote: »
    ??

GET BEHIND ME (INSERT USER NAME)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

kg703 wrote: »
    Twenty one pilots breaking their hiatus and have posters appearing around the world with new logos etc.

Maybe the reason for a wait?

*hides behind shield*

Just announced for 3arena

Are they really that popular :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

In previous years there has been 3 announcements for the main stages. Announcement 2 in June, announcement 3 in August. Maybe this year we don't get a 3rd, so they delay the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd be OK with that, all of them dumped at once, although the 3rd announcement was August 17th last year, so I'm not sure some people here would last another 4 weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

goin on me holidays on Friday for two weeks, i shall not give a flying toss about the lack of updates until the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

goin on me holidays on Friday for two weeks, i shall not give a flying toss about the lack of updates until the 27th

But you might miss something, something big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I'm the same but would have loved a few new tunes to listen to while relaxing with a cool beverage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

what are you lying for!
    youre going to be consumed by it for your whole holiday!
    waking up in a a nervous sweat, crying into your cocktails etc! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

would like Sampha, Anderson Paak, Laoise, Joey Badass, Tyler, EVE, Le Boom, The Internet and Solange from the Longitude lineup.

Laoise, EVE and Le Boom are probably the only ones that are remotely likely though.

Le Boom will be there. They are at everything.

But I enjoy them so they’ll be v welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

to be honest theres no one there on the lineup so far im too excited abou or that i would go see and a stand alone gigt, but out of whats there id happily go along and see a few like peggy gou, nina kraviz, sigrid, st vincent but am really hoping for more..

Check out Mount Kimbie.

Sevadaliza

Alexis Taylor, singer from Hot Chip.

Scarlxrd

Boot and Kats (Casa Bacardi)

Will come back to you with some more at some point. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Take this with a grain of salt because of who it is but Eoghan McDermott just mentioned on his show he knows of a massive, headline level, act to be added.

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt because of who it is but Eoghan McDermott just mentioned on his show he knows of a massive, headline level, act to be added.

Maybe Arcade Fire or god forbid, Ed Sheer :eek: n

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My initial reaction is I hope to god it isn't someone like The Coronas or Picture This.

Mr.S wrote: »
    No doubt it will be someone lacklustre and 'headline level' only in his head.

I think it will be exactly that, someone local who will play an afternoon slot on Main stage but still be billed pretty high, Hozier or Gavin James are always lurking around!

Yup, agree this was the man who's first question to Jean-Jacques Burnel of the Stranglers was, 'Whats your favourite cheese.'

Eoghan McDermott should be shot with pieces of his own ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Maybe Jenny Green is moving to the main stage.

• Advertisement

Poorside wrote: »
    Maybe Jenny Green is moving to the main stage.

**** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

**** that.

Dunno, I’d love to see her take on the story of Mongolian throat signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would love if John Hopkins was added, I know he's playing a standalone gig in later in the year, but he could do both..?

I know one thing for sure, Kelly-Anne Byrne should be presenting the (RTE Electric Picnic show) and not Jenny Greene anyway, at least Byrne has a real passion for some of the music on the bill, going by her Beat goes On show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got my tickets this week, early bird loyalty finally arrived after 10 months.

I notice the ticket says "EP promotions" rather than "festival republic"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

On a side note Tune-Yards superb in Róisín Dubh earlier tonight. Amazing energy in the middle of a lengthy tour and though she's playing loads of fests this Summer EP won't be one of them. Great memories still of the Body & Soul midnight set. Get her back next year.

Same as. Very poor

Kraftwerk tomorrow for the late night slot

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Got my tickets this week, early bird loyalty finally arrived after 10 months.

I notice the ticket says "EP promotions" rather than "festival republic"

Thats interesting......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

I'd be hoping for Arctic Monkeys personally.

Sold out their two gigs in the Point & the dates align.

Edit: no doubt some ubiquitous homegrown fare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement