Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes, you're eating lunch in eddie rockets, it's a sign that you've too much money.

(i'd love a blt on brown, chips and a malt milkshake right now)

Well that's how us fancy, schmancy, measuring dates in weeks away rather than "sleeps, kinda people roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Kraftwerk were brilliant last night, enjoyed the show more than their Longitude headliner slot, shows what a tuned in audience can do, atmosphere was much more upbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Anachonica just announced

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I feel at some point something that's relevant to me is bound to be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anachronica:

Friday - Research, Hybrasil, Aeron, Tommy Holohan, Jasmine Azarian.
    Saturday - Subject, Defekt, Eomac, Niall Cleary & Eavan
    Sunday - District 8, Saoirse, New Jackson, Aoife O'Neill

Meh is right, I stopped going to the rave in the woods a few years ago, can't tell if it has gone downhill or if I'm just getting older but they definitely used to get a few heavyweight international DJs down there whereas now its just local ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anachronica:

Meh is right, I stopped going to the rave in the woods a few years ago, can't tell if it has gone downhill or if I'm just getting older but they definitely used to get a few heavyweight international DJs down there whereas now its just local ones.
    since Red Bull stopped sponsoring it, the names haven't been great. a few years ago there were the likes of Ben Klock, Joy Orbison, Boddika, Todd Terry playing.

I've spent little time there in the last few years as it's far too packed, and no-one really worth staying for that isn't playing every week somewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Can anybody remember who the last DJ was that played on Saturday night at the rave in the woods last year? He was decent I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

patch wrote: »
    Can anybody remember who the last DJ was that played on Saturday night at the rave in the woods last year? He was decent I thought...

it was Sunil Sharpe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anachronica:

Well Defekt is good, he is one half of Tinfoil along with Sunil Sharpe and New Jackson is also brilliant.

And caught Aoife O'Neill at Townlands in 2016 who was pretty good too.

In response to the bolded bit, its Beatyard's fault they snapped up quite a lot of the electronica heavyweights for this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Kraftwerk were brilliant last night, enjoyed the show more than their Longitude headliner slot, shows what a tuned in audience can do, atmosphere was much more upbeat.

Still, the EP 2005 appearance was pretty amazing and I think that was all the original members too, that played that one. :)

since Red Bull stopped sponsoring it, the names haven't been great. a few years ago there were the likes of Ben Klock, Joy Orbison, Boddika, Todd Terry playing.

I've spent little time there in the last few years as it's far too packed, and no-one really worth staying for that isn't playing every week somewhere in Ireland.

Nail on the head

New Jackson, definitely going to finally see him this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

New Jackson, definitely going to finally see him this time.

Found him dull in Other Voices last year. Some of the recorded stuff is very good but on stage I didn’t think there was much on offer. Could be very different with a lot more volume in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Still, the EP 2005 appearance was pretty amazing and I think that was all the original members too, that played that one. :)

We had the two founders Ralf & Florian in 2005. Latter left six years ago. The other two from the classic line up, Karl & Wolfgang, left circa 1990. What we got was as good as it’s been for the past three decades. And wasn’t it a bit special?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Found him dull in Other Voices last year. Some of the recorded stuff is very good but on stage I didn’t think there was much on offer. Could be very different with a lot more volume in the woods.

And a load of yolks

declanleo wrote: »
    And a load of yolks

Prefer the whites myself

Prefer the whites myself

That sounded a lot more racist than I intended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

it was Sunil Sharpe

Good man! Off to Google.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was expecting something better than that but ill take it.

• Advertisement

Guess there's no rhyme or reason to announcements now. Hopefully the 2nd main one will be in the next fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Guess there's no rhyme or reason to announcements now. Hopefully the 2nd main one will be in the next fortnight.

It’ll be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I have to be very honest, my Pink Moon Balance is due this week and I’m very hesitant, due to lack of acts that really appeal to me, and thinking what kind of crowd are the headliners going to attract. I was hoping by this stage of a fair few acts that would convince me. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Poorside wrote: »

It’ll be tomorrow

That a feeling or have u heard something?

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I have to be very honest, my Pink Moon Balance is due this week and I’m very hesitant, due to lack of acts that really appeal to me, and thinking what kind of crowd are the headliners going to attract. I was hoping by this stage of a fair few acts that would convince me. ��

Well if I were you I would demand outright from the Picnic that they furnish me with the rest of the names or you can threaten to go on instalment strike. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I have to be very honest, my Pink Moon Balance is due this week and I’m very hesitant, due to lack of acts that really appeal to me, and thinking what kind of crowd are the headliners going to attract. I was hoping by this stage of a fair few acts that would convince me. ��

Dude, You know it'll be grand and you'll have a laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    That a feeling or have u heard something?

It’s from a very reliable source, the voices in my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Long time reader never posted but the frustration on here is addictive. Watching Kasabian at Isle of Wight free for ep might be in announcement if we ever get one. Travel to ep on my own so music really important this wait is killing me

Think people are getting a bit carried away with who could be included in a second announcement. Kasabian, Bjork, Smashing Pumpkins, Kraftwerk, The Prodigy - not happening lads. They're all headliners, and bigger draws than NERD or Massive Attack. They're not going to be added now, even if there is space on the bill. The odds are far more in favour of EP pulling a coup and getting a sought after mid level act like Childish Gambino or kicking us in the teeth and getting a teenie bopper crowd pleaser like Picture This or Kodaline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

I have to be very honest, my Pink Moon Balance is due this week and I’m very hesitant, due to lack of acts that really appeal to me, and thinking what kind of crowd are the headliners going to attract. I was hoping by this stage of a fair few acts that would convince me. 😕
    Pay the instalment and sell it on if nothing is tickling your fancy. No point losing your deposit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement