Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone hear about the Glass Animals drummer? Life-threatening bike crash in Dublin on Monday - fractured skull & broken leg. They've played a couple of times and been great, could have been pencilled in for a later announcement this year also but tour now cancelled. Hope the guy recovers well and no long-term damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah unfortunately I think I agree with you BadTurtle. Honestly no idea who would be likely at this stage but it really would be a cruel, cruel blow if it ended up being Picture This, Kodaline, The Coronas or Hozier.. I think if that happened and All Together Now ends up being a success it really could mean the end for EP for a lot of people.

There is a massive gap for a retro kind of act so would be hopeful that we will get some relatively big act from the 80s or 90s at least.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone hear about the Glass Animals drummer? Life-threatening bike crash in Dublin on Monday - fractured skull & broken leg. They've played a couple of times and been great, could have been pencilled in for this year also but tour now cancelled. Hope the guy recovers well and no long-term damage.

God that is terrible, saw them at picnic a few years ago and also at Primavera and they were great. Hope he has a full recovery. On a completely unrelated note to EP, did anyone hear of what happened at the JunglePussy gig in Dublin last night? She put up a massive rant on twitter and sounded extremely unhappy.. Just being nosey!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

God that is terrible, saw them at picnic a few years ago and also at Primavera and they were great. Hope he has a full recovery. On a completely unrelated note to EP, did anyone hear of what happened at the JunglePussy gig in Dublin last night? She put up a massive rant on twitter and sounded extremely unhappy.. Just being nosey!

Eh,who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah unfortunately I think I agree with you BadTurtle. Honestly no idea who would be likely at this stage but it really would be a cruel, cruel blow if it ended up being Picture This, Kodaline, The Coronas or Hozier.. I think if that happened and All Together Now ends up being a success it really could mean the end for EP for a lot of people.

There is a massive gap for a retro kind of act so would be hopeful that we will get some relatively big act from the 80s or 90s at least.

But then again does Massive Attack not fit the genre of classic 90s act, I know they are still current but the bulk of their hits is in the 90s.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

declanleo wrote: »
    Eh,who?

https://twitter.com/JUNGLEPUSSY/status/1017165560721879049

Never heard of her until I saw this tweet and curiosity has got the better of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

declanleo wrote: »
    Kraftwerk tomorrow for the late night slot

Saw them in The Marquee in Cork last night with their 3D visuals: pretty good gig all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

https://twitter.com/JUNGLEPUSSY/status/1017165560721879049

Never heard of her until I saw this tweet and curiosity has got the better of me!

Their entire white life? Just once, it would be great if everything didn't relate to skin colour and/or gender:rolleyes:

I'd feckin love an announcement today. Are they scrambling to fill the remaining slots or are they just resting on their laurels because it's sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Pontius Pilate and the Naildrivers self announced on Facebook that they are playing Jerry Fish so maybe that announcement is next??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Coz wrote: »
    Pontius Pilate and the Naildrivers self announced on Facebook that they are playing Jerry Fish so maybe that announcement is next??

It's one place I don't think I've ever gone into. I've had a coffee sitting on the box outside while there was yoga on. Never appeals to me at night for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo its almost 4 months since the last main announcement, quite different from their late 2014/ early 2015 style announcements.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's one place I don't think I've ever gone into. I've had a coffee sitting on the box outside while there was yoga on. Never appeals to me at night for some reason.

Went onto it last year on the Sunday I think to see Jerry himself and it was a weird and wonderful experience, he had mick flannery up in stage with him who looked mortified :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Jerry Fish is a hard place to be or to walk to because of the noise bleed assaulting your ears from north south east and west. Same goes for all the food trucks in that area. Especially if you’re a little hungover.
    Once safely inside it’s a great cosy tent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Terrible noise bleed when Glen Hansard made his appearance last year, really hope they’ve done something to rectify it some bit or he’ll end up with no decent artist playing there.

He’ll still have The Strypes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

I saw Rews and Interskalatic in there, 2 years ago I think, both great shows.

I agree once you're in there, and provided it's not meaudry whispering singer songwriter it's a great little tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Poorside wrote:
    He’ll still have The Strypes though.

I thought they were poor enough last year on the main stage. Sound wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I mentioned that to him on instagram and he said he was working on something to deal with the corporate noise. Hopefully moves up to the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ash there last year were great, think they were trying to compensate for the bleed cuz ****in hell that was loud.

The Heineken stage behind Jerry Fish was a pain in the ass for noise but a very easy to get served in bar at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

patch wrote: »
    Good man! Off to Google.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Jerry FIsh has traditionally been one of the last announcements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Check out the #madcoolfestival tweets - people queueing 90 mins in 30 degree heat to get in with no shade, water or toilets available - and then another hour or so for beer once they are in. Sounds like a bit of a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I saw Jerry in Grogans last Saturday after The The and briefly considered asking for a preview of what he had in store for us. Jerry's as entitled as the rest of us to a quiet scoop on a Saturday night.
    On another matter, I found myself belting out 'This is the day' by The The in the shower this morning. Coincidence? I don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

optogirl wrote: »
    Check out the #madcoolfestival tweets - people queueing 90 mins in 30 degree heat to get in with no shade, water or toilets available - and then another hour or so for beer once they are in. Sounds like a bit of a disaster

Jesus that looks grim. The wristband queue:
    Dh7FXacXUAMD0mS.jpg

We had strongly considered going to Mad Cool and I was feeling a bit wistful this week. Now I’m lovely and smug, thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Best name of a band ever!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I have to be very honest, my Pink Moon Balance is due this week and I’m very hesitant, due to lack of acts that really appeal to me, and thinking what kind of crowd are the headliners going to attract. I was hoping by this stage of a fair few acts that would convince me. ��

Pink Moon payment is due on the 20th July, 6 weeks before the event as per the email

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

erica74 wrote: »
    Their entire white life? Just once, it would be great if everything didn't relate to skin colour and/or gender:rolleyes:

She should join Kendrick Lamar on the main stage and the two of them can give out about white people for two hours

One thing I’m glad EP doesn’t have is that VIP/Golden circle area up the front bollocks.

At TRNSMT last weekend, we arrived early enough to get golden wristbands to go up there (first 2,500 people) but when we were actually up there, it was always half empty. I see same thing has happened with Mad Cool. Also we were surrounded by teenagers - look at me! I’m up the front - but not real fans. I was searching around me to see ANY real Chvrches fans who even knew the words to one damn song, but they were all behind the second barrier.

Please EP don’t introduce this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

optogirl wrote: »

This is not possible. European festivals are confirmed as the way to go and unfailably awesome. It is written therefore it is true. It's like turning bread into an all knowing omnipresent ghost god - IT IS THE UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PinkCamper wrote: »
    One thing I’m glad EP doesn’t have is that VIP/Golden circle area up the front bollocks.

At TRNSMT last weekend, we arrived early enough to get golden wristbands to go up there (first 2,500 people) but when we were actually up there, it was always half empty. I see same thing has happened with Mad Cool. Also we were surrounded by teenagers - look at me! I’m up the front - but not real fans. I was searching around me to see ANY real Chvrches fans who even knew the words to one damn song, but they were all behind the second barrier.

Please EP don’t introduce this

Shoulda laced up your kicking boots

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement