Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

https://twitter.com/JUNGLEPUSSY/status/1017165560721879049

Never heard of her until I saw this tweet and curiosity has got the better of me!

https://twitter.com/DistrictMagazin/status/1017167004237692928?s=19

Just seen this, apparently it was venues decision not organiser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Usually pop into the Jerry Fish tent on the Friday night every year and the place is hopping, usually Get Down Edits or Together Disco or someone similar are on and everyone giving it socks, great fun! And the teenager crowd go nowhere near the place :D

I've only been to a handful of festivals abroad and while a lot of them beat EP hands down when it comes to music, not one has come close in terms of having a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

optogirl wrote: »
    Check out the #madcoolfestival tweets - people queueing 90 mins in 30 degree heat to get in with no shade, water or toilets available - and then another hour or so for beer once they are in. Sounds like a bit of a disaster

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/221301-mad-cool-2018/?page=130

Their efestival forum . Looks a dire shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://twitter.com/DistrictMagazin/status/1017167004237692928?s=19

Just seen this, apparently it was venues decision not organiser

As far as I know, this was in the Bernard Shaw, which has many different ethnicities/races playing gigs from week to week, so I'd be surprised if it's racism, like she claims. The main bouncer there, who has been there for years, is black himself, so security being racists is probably not likely.
    From their tweet, it just seems like she was acting like an arsehole, and going on her tweets in general, she seems like a complete arsehole.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

As far as I know, this was in the Bernard Shaw, which has many different ethnicities/races playing gigs from week to week, so I'd be surprised if it's racism, like she claims. The main bouncer there, who has been there for years, is black himself, so security being racists is probably not likely.
    From their tweet, it just seems like she was acting like an arsehole, and going on her tweets in general, she seems like a complete arsehole.

The only racism is when she calls Irish people "filthy f*ing animals"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Alt-J tour dates are running up to August 29th in Italy. Look pretty likely to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Alt-J tour dates are running up to August 29th in Italy. Look pretty likely to me.

Yes please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Yes please:)

pretty please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that the same festival where Mano le Tough looked like he was about to Box the head off a load of kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that the same festival where Mano le Tough looked like he was about to Box the head off a load of kids?

How he kept his cool I have no idea

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    How he kept his cool I have no idea

He did have a go at one of them but they shouldn’t have been allowed carry on like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

He did have a go at one of them but they shouldn’t have been allowed carry on like that.

What were they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

Was hoping DMA's would be on the second poster but got announced for Button Factory this morning

I'll have to check that out :pac:

although Mano Le Tough is a bit of a knobhead from people I know that know him. the crowd at AVA seems full of knobs too though.

in that Sunil Sharpe video, someone touches the turntable at 24:00 and throws the beats out, and he has to tell them off, although he kind of laughs it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Lads, we somehow missed the Trinity Orchestra self announcing for the Heineken stage... We're slipping.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    What were they doing?

It’s was one of those Boilerroom live broadcasts and there was a load of gurning teenagers bouncing off him. One of them tried to rest his phone on the decks to take a picture of the crowd and he snapped at him.

There should’ve been someone there to provide the said kicks to said teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Lads, we somehow missed the Trinity Orchestra self announcing for the Heineken stage... We're slipping.

Heineken stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Heineken stage?

Must be the Heineken world experience thingie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I see Louise McSharry included half the Anachronica line up on her set list for the Royals and Harry loved it. Watch out for mysterious ginger raver of aristocratic bearing with hot excitable gfriend with American accent and social conscience wandering around Stradbally woods late at night.

It’s was one of those Boilerroom live broadcasts and there was a load of gurning teenagers bouncing off him. One of them tried to rest his phone on the decks to take a picture of the crowd and he snapped at him.

There should’ve been someone there to provide the said kicks to said teenagers.
    same gob****e rests his arm on the CDJs at 08:26, then tries to/pretends to press buttons at 08:53 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I see Louise McSharry included half the Anachronica line up on her set list for the Royals and Harry loved it. Watch out for mysterious ginger raver of aristocratic bearing with hot excitable gfriend with American accent and social conscience wandering around Stradbally woods late at night.

Hot excitable wife... Don't you watch the news?

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Heineken stage?

Quote, unquote

Quote, unquote

Well that’s one to avoid, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is the Heineken stage not the Electric Arena? I can't imagine them in the sound atlas anyway.

So far who do we have self announced then, Trinity Orchestra, Ejeca.. Was sure there were one or two more?

Is the Heineken stage not the Electric Arena? I can't imagine them in the sound atlas anyway.

So far who do we have self announced then, Trinity Orchestra, Ejeca.. Was sure there were one or two more?

Don’t think I’ve ever heard it called that, sound atlas might be a bit small for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Surely to Christ the second announcement is today

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Tbh I dont think it will with Longitude being on this weekend. Here's hoping I'm wrong though!

I’ve said it before, it’s the hope that eventually gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

i have been thinking that the past 2 fridays... the fact they announced the rave in the woods line up yesterday makes me think there probably wont be another announcment today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

EP or The Second Coming?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement