Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Is the Heineken stage not the Electric Arena? I can't imagine them in the sound atlas anyway.

So far who do we have self announced then, Trinity Orchestra, Ejeca.. Was sure there were one or two more?

Fontaines DC self announced too

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

Rfrip wrote: »
    Surely to Christ the second announcement is today

It's beyond a joke at this point.

I'm guessing there won't be a third announcement and they'll just bung it all into one second announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The second coming?

OMG - THE STONE ROSES CONFIRMED!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

chevra13i wrote: »

I'm guessing there won't be a third announcement and they'll just bung it all into one second announcement.

To coincide with ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

chevra13i wrote: »

Current mood

2Ga.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PinkCamper wrote: »
    One thing I’m glad EP doesn’t have is that VIP/Golden circle area up the front bollocks.

At TRNSMT last weekend, we arrived early enough to get golden wristbands to go up there (first 2,500 people) but when we were actually up there, it was always half empty. I see same thing has happened with Mad Cool. Also we were surrounded by teenagers - look at me! I’m up the front - but not real fans. I was searching around me to see ANY real Chvrches fans who even knew the words to one damn song, but they were all behind the second barrier.

Please EP don’t introduce this

Saw this tweet and thought of your post

https://twitter.com/iamconnaugh/status/1017491371882614784

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

It's definitely annoyed a lot of people on here and on social media most of the comments after any post are all the same. "Where's the rest of the line up". I think if it doesn't have a few big enough acts they have put their hand out to be slapped. I can just imagine all the "waited weeks and we get this" kind of comments. Even just an announcement to say when it's coming would be great.

everlast75 wrote: »

How could an artist enjoy playing to that? Bulk of the crowd 200 metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It’s totally pointless. Must be unnerving for the artists too

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

optogirl wrote: »
    Check out the #madcoolfestival tweets - people queueing 90 mins in 30 degree heat to get in with no shade, water or toilets available - and then another hour or so for beer once they are in. Sounds like a bit of a disaster

Christ.

Did anyone experience the queue into the new campsite in Rock Werchter? It was ridiculous. A few people were at breaking point. It would have been a riot in another country I'd say. The queues in from Leuven on the Wednesday were bad enough but manageable. No one could find a camping spot once inside as it was already busy at this stage.Everyone kinda gravitated to this full field with a barrier around it, presuming it was going to open or that we were meant to go here and wait as it was a giant open space. The queue got longer and longer and still people waited. Finally security came to say that the field was for people arriving on the Thurs and it would not be open til then. But what about the people in this queue? Where do we go? More and more joined and by 8pm there was a least 1,000 people congregating I'd say.

More security came, yes, finally, it's gonna open, it has to open. A local in the queue acted as our translator and informed us that security were under the impression, according to their numbers that there was 12 spots dotted around the other camp lots still to fill and this field cannot be opened until those spots were filled. Now, no one wanted to leave the queue in fear it would open. No one could turn around anyway. Stuck there like. We had warm bear and no where to take a piss. After a three hour wait it was opened. Dear god. We arrived a day early to camp and had to wait 3 hours to pitch a tent once we arrived in the campsite after waiting about 3 hours to get into the festival from the drop off spot. Still ended up in the same spot we got the previous year having arrived that year 24 hours later. A part from that the festival was great and really enjoyed it. I suppose my point is; European festivals may have great line ups but they still make stupid planning and logistics decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Another Friday comes and goes it seems folks. It's really getting a bit silly now isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Another Friday comes and goes it seems folks. It's really getting a bit silly now isn't it.

Maybe there isn't another announcement:eek: (other than the other stages)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Can anyone remember if there’s a bar in The Hazelwood? Would be handy for the Thursday night comedy thing.

They’re all probably out eating ice cream now, laughing at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I wouldn't even be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Poorside wrote: »
    Can anyone remember if there’s a bar in The Hazelwood? Would be handy for the Thursday night comedy thing.
    There was last year. It was €5 a pint.

Are EP trying to sabotage ATN? Perhaps one week ahead of ATN... when it’s not sold out, and folk are thinking about buying a ticket...perhaps disillusioned by EP, thinking of selling their EP ticket even......when BAM, EP drop their impressive announcement with superstar brand new headliners and fairy dust. And the dithering ATN potentials say nah... I’ll wait for EP. And the chiefs at Festival Republic throw their heads back and cackle wickedly..

Are EP trying to sabotage ATN? Perhaps one week ahead of ATN... when it’s not sold out, and folk are thinking about buying a ticket...perhaps disillusioned by EP, thinking of selling their EP ticket even......when BAM, EP drop their impressive announcement with superstar brand new headliners and fairy dust. And the dithering ATN potentials say nah... I’ll wait for EP. And the chiefs at Festival Republic throw their heads back and cackle wickedly..

No.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

All this would be grand other than it ignores a huge truth, that of EP being sold out and continues to be sold out straight after the previous year.

Festival Republic dont care about people reselling tickets that are already sold

sydthebeat wrote: »
    All this would be grand other than it ignores a huge truth, that of EP being sold out and continues to be sold out straight after the previous year.

Festival Republic dont care about people reselling tickets that are already sold
    Yeah I’m just so bored waiting, I might be going mad

• Advertisement

That’s my thinking also. ATN is a long-term threat to the Picnic. And irrelevant about EP being sold out this year. FR are thinking of next years fest and thereafter. ATN wouldn’t survive two unprofitable years in an already crowded market.

That would mean the big announcement is in two weeks. And if FR really want to put the boot in it’ll be filled with decent acts. Which suits me though I’d like ATN to do well. Reynolds deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Plausible theories but how do you explain EP getting later each year? Last year they were late with announcements (not as late as this year, granted) and there was certainly nothing earth shattering, nor any ATN for them to sabotage. So I'm not entirely sure that's the reason either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Besides, ATN seems to be going after a certain demographic. Even if the old school EP heads get disillusioned and jump ship to ATN it won't make a blind bit of difference to EP. There's always going to be a new crop of festival goers for EP in its current status and the current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I think I am going crazy. I keep thinking that I can hear the person on the radio talking about an announcement for EP. When will this madness end?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

That’s my thinking also. ATN is a long-term threat to the Picnic. And irrelevant about EP being sold out this year. FR are thinking of next years fest and thereafter. ATN wouldn’t survive two unprofitable years in an already crowded market.

That would mean the big announcement is in two weeks. And if FR really want to put the boot in it’ll be filled with decent acts. Which suits me though I’d like ATN to do well. Reynolds deserves it.

After 13 years I'll be patching the picnic after this year. Already,Atn customer relations surpass ep by miles. Sick of the way festival republic have gone about things the last few years. I'll be at Atn from next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Trinity Orchestra are doing a David Bowie set at ATN. So EP gets a girl power set. Sound lads, Spice Girls and Salt N Pepa will easily be a match for Let's Dance, Heroes and Rebel Rebel.

They used to be a reliably enjoyable part of the weekend, doing Discovery, Demon Days and Dark Side of the Moon in their entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

The second coming?

OMG - THE STONE ROSES CONFIRMED!?!?!?
    If only......! :-(

Handful of half decent acts at Longitude this weekend, mostly on the Sunday (slowest selling days unsurprisingly - acts a bit too cerebral for topless lads and girls with glitter all over their faces) but you couldn't pay me to go anymore. It might as well be renamed Leaving Cert piss up fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Handful of half decent acts at Longitude this weekend, mostly on the Sunday (slowest selling days unsurprisingly - acts a bit too cerebral for topless lads and girls with glitter all over their faces) but you couldn't pay me to go anymore. It might as well be renamed Leaving Cert piss up fest.

case in point, my almost 15yr old son is "devo"
    that he cant go!

but there are plenty of acts i have time for, despite the demographic

• Advertisement

As I said, Solange, Anderson Paak, Tyler, the Creator all great acts, but it wouldn't be remotely worth braving that kind of a crowd to see them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement