Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The one 'big' act will be Gavin James. Mark my words

Big act that has just happened to play the last 2 years in a row..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Alt-J have just announced a Uk & Ireland tour, playing the Olympia in October.

F3ck was hoping they’d be added to ep. V unlikely now I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    F3ck was hoping they’d be added to ep. V unlikely now I’d imagine.

Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Alt-J are playing Olympia in October so they are not gonna be on EP bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Alt-J have just announced a Uk & Ireland tour, playing the Olympia in October.
    Should sell wel on the back of their scintillating set in the Electric Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yeah I would like to see them or 2manyDJs who would also fill the dance act that's missing, they are around that weekend too it seems.

I would love to see Slowdive announced as well, touring this summer and no Irish dates so far.
    Slowdive were absolutely stunning in Hyde park last week supporting The Cure. The entire day was pretty spectacular to be fair. They would be a very nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Poorside wrote: »
    To keep us occupied,If you can realistically have only 1 more big act added who would it be?

Would have to be Weller for me, if he’s announced I’d be happy out.

Childish Gambino for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Childish Gambino, Tame Impala or Odesza for me please. I don't think either are likely but sure we live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Home Store & More selling all their camping gear half price, picked up a trolley for €6.50 and lanterns for €2 defo worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Home Store & More selling all their camping gear half price, picked up a trolley for €6.50 and lanterns for €2 defo worth a look

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-13/redwood-foldable-bucket-9-litre/067181.html?cgid=wigig-13

fill with cold water, stick in a few cans, chilled cans after a while/overnight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

It was with great pain and regret that I paid the balance on my Pink Moon camping ticket. Just not feeling it this year... plenty of good acts playing but not the same buzz as other years.

Ah well, if we get Gavin James my mind might change. :-/

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-13/redwood-foldable-bucket-9-litre/067181.html?cgid=wigig-13

fill with cold water, stick in a few cans, chilled cans after a while/overnight :D

Use the trolley to carry it in and your laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I still think it'll be Hozier that'll be announced. It ties in with the played before, hasn't played in a while pattern that EP tend to adhere to. I think he has new material coming out without any shows lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Those trolleys will last about halfway to the campsites....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fill with ice before you leave on the friday

patch wrote: »

Not necessarily, got a similar one a few years ago and got 2 ep's out of it. Anyway for that price once it gets the booze into the campsite don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

patch wrote: »

I've used an ikea trolley for the last three years. They dont look like much but they are plenty sturdy and mean the job gets done in one go and with the minimum of fuss. They also fold down neatly

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Wasting water like that during a hose pipe ban.... Scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

For €6.50 if the trolley carries all your cans and water from the car to the campsite thats good value for money imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Wasting water like that during a hose pipe ban.... Scandalous.

Let's hope there's still a hose pipe ban come EP time 'cos that means warm dry weather :D

• Advertisement

Let's hope there's still a hose pipe ban come EP time 'cos that means warm dry weather :D

true, it also means sunburn and dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That's the spirit, Davy!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    That's the spirit, Davy!

Give me a dry cloudy 19 degree weekend over a sunny 30 degree weekend any day.. my body couldn't cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I’m hoping for the Prodigy, Tame Impala would be cool to see, MGMT, Future Islands and why not add in Pearl Jam

If ALL of those play I’d be happy

None will though

Ever

Lower level acts

Young fathers
    Bloody beetroots
    KK company (furniture act, better be there)

And anything with a bit of metal in it for good measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kg703 wrote: »
    Lower level acts

Young fathers
    Bloody beetroots
    KK company (furniture act, better be there)

And anything with a bit of metal in it for good measure

Pretty sure there's actually legislation in this country that dictates that you're not allowed have an outdoor, multi-day festival without at least one of King Kong Company, Le Galaxie and/or Ham Sandwich. For EP (and most international festivals), this extends to at least one member of Hot Chip in some format too.

Personally, I'm in favour of all of them but I don't make the rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Pretty sure there's actually legislation in this country that dictates that you're not allowed have an outdoor, multi-day festival without at least one of King Kong Company, Le Galaxie and/or Ham Sandwich. For EP (and most international festivals), this extends to at least one member of Hot Chip in some format too.

Personally, I'm in favour of all of them but I don't make the rules...

And new Jackson!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

kg703 wrote: »
    I’m hoping for the Prodigy, Tame Impala would be cool to see, MGMT, Future Islands and why not add in Pearl Jam

If ALL of those play I’d be happy

None will though

Ever

Think mgmt are in America that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Give me a dry cloudy 19 degree weekend over a sunny 30 degree weekend any day.. my body couldn't cope.

Bloody albinos wishing our heatwave away.

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Think mgmt are in America that weekend

Pearl Jam are hardly playing either but a girl can dream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement