Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Think mgmt are in America that weekend

Playing at a festival called Electric Picnic ironically, got way too excited when I first saw it..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

declanleo wrote: »
    Fill with ice before you leave on the friday

Better yet, frozen bottles of water. Take longer to thaw out, and when they do you have a pleasant and refreshing colourless, odourless liquid to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ffs Niall, those dates are in February, they haven't pulled out.

Lads it's starting to resemble the mental institution in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest in here now, everyone picking a specific mania and worrying away at it.

Ya sorry I didn't even look at the dates it just came up in my feed, I just presumed it was for 2018.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Poorside wrote: »
    To keep us occupied,If you can realistically have only 1 more big act added who would it be?

Would have to be Weller for me, if he’s announced I’d be happy out.

Saw him at Sea Sessions in 2010, despite a few power breakdowns he delivered a superb set, wouldn't mind seeing him at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

45 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Just been listening to Scarlxrd

Jaysus he's gas. Could be a mental tent with him

thebusher wrote: »
    Just been listening to Scarlxrd

Jaysus he's gas. Could be a mental tent with him

Yeah he is probably the nearest thing to a heavy metal/hip hop/ trap vibe to play the Picnic, in some ways this is a new genre that EP seem to be exploring and chancing, I prefer this stuff to the Grime stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Yeah he is probably the nearest thing to a heavy metal/hip hop/ trap vibe to play the Picnic, in some ways this is a new genre that EP seem to be exploring and chancing, I prefer this stuff to the Grime stuff.

Same here. Laughing to meself thinking I'd be all over this 20 odd years ago with the metal influence. Will probably drop in to see him. Might suggest the theatre of food to herself for the half hour or so. She's great to listen to my stuff but this would be a stretch :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Saw him at Sea Sessions in 2010, despite a few power breakdowns he delivered a superb set, wouldn't mind seeing him at EP.

Was at that too. I remember he played town called malice to make up for the interruptions. Would be a nice addition for the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

kg703 wrote: »
    Lower level acts

Young fathers
    Bloody beetroots
    KK company (furniture act, better be there)

And anything with a bit of metal in it for good measure

KKC already confirmed that they won't be at EP this year. It was posted earlier in the thread, someone was talking to them on FB.

Bitch Falcon maybe for a bit of metal? They played B&S though so maybe unlkely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

MadYaker wrote: »
    KKC already confirmed that they won't be at EP this year. It was posted earlier in the thread, someone was talking to them on FB.

Wait... what....what! I dont remember reading that.

Ill see them at Beatyard and the Olympia but EP really missing a trick there considering they had the EA packed at 3pm on a Sunday last year.

Thats actually upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Announcement up on Facebook ....

That it’s 45 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Out. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Very good when they played Róisín Dubh earlier this year. Two really great tunes in their set. I think historically there's crossover and always a chance with an Irish act but we're unlikely to get non-Irish acts from B&S, FF, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wait... what....what! I dont remember reading that.

Ill see them at Beatyard and the Olympia but EP really missing a trick there considering they had the EA packed at 3pm on a Sunday last year.

Thats actually upsetting.

Yeah i think they said that EP wouldn't book them two years in a row. Or maybe since they played the electric arena last year they are only prepared to take that slot again or a better one (main stage or a later slot in the EA) and there may not be space for them to do so. Pure specualtion btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

45 sleeps says the facebook....nice one lads,thats loads of tome to get to know new acts. *****

I’m hoping for the Prodigy, Tame Impala would be cool to see, MGMT, Future Islands and why not add in Pearl Jam

If ALL of those play I’d be happy

None will though

Ever

Playing the US on the same weekend as the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Spiritualized have new album out and touring in Sept.....? Chances?

FFS EP give some kind of inkling when you might announce the fecking announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Yeah i think they said that EP wouldn't book them two years in a row. Or maybe since they played the electric arena last year they are only prepared to take that slot again or a better one (main stage or a later slot in the EA) and there may not be space for them to do so. Pure specualtion btw.

I know they said about body and soul not booking 2 years in a row but they did ep 16&17 sure...

Well hopefully they’re there anyway always great craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

FFS EP give some kind of inkling when you might announce the fecking announcement.

I know.... remember the good aul days of an announment about the announcement!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Lads, it's surely going to be this week?? Getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Bicep posted on twitter yesterday they are announcing dates this morning for belfast, dublin etc.... possibly waiting on EP to announce first?

here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Davydeath wrote: »
    Bicep posted on twitter yesterday they are announcing dates this morning for belfast, dublin etc.... possibly waiting on EP to announce first?

here's hoping

Hope they are playing thought they were great last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Don't know if it has been said already but The Prodigy are playing in Italy (Treviso) on the Friday night, sure they could get a cheap Ryanair flight on Saturday to be in Stradbally for 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Don't know if it has been said already but The Prodigy are playing in Italy (Treviso) on the Friday night, sure they could get a cheap Ryanair flight on Saturday to be in Stradbally for 10ish

I'd pay for the flight at this stage, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd pay for the flight at this stage, TBH

We should start a go fund me page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Can just imagine the luggage costs for the 2-3 tons of gear they’d have

Micheal o’learys gusset would explode like a champagne fountain in bubbly sticky moistness

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamiec6284

I have heard The Prodigy are lined up to play out on the Sunday Night of Picnic, really hope it is true make such a difference having them on the line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can just imagine the luggage costs for the 2-3 tons of gear they’d have

Micheal o’learys gusset would explode like a champagne fountain in bubbly sticky moistness

Enough for everyone to get wasted! Nice...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement