Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m finding this thread a great support during these times tbh

But yay for bicep. Missed him last year, think he clashed with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Jamiec6284 wrote: »
    I have heard The Prodigy are lined up to play out on the Sunday Night of Picnic, really hope it is true make such a difference having them on the line up

Hopefully not as I have to leave on Sunday morning.

I'd expect some of the younger acts to play on Sunday for the sunday kids crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

who cares about the announcement - there will end up being no one good on it.
    can't believe people talking of selling their tickets over this - missing the best weekend
    of the year when Ireland has its best ever weather? there will be all the usual extras that make
    it great on top of the disappointing acts - won't bother me that Gavin James played the afternoon
     to a load of families while I was drinking cans when i'm at the trailor park or Body & Soul Earthship at 2/3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Lads, it's surely going to be this week?? Getting ridiculous at this stage.
    We’ve been saying this since June :(

I’m not even expecting anyone big anymore cos I know I’ll be disappointed. Just want to know who I should give a listen to before it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jamiec6284 wrote: »
    I have heard The Prodigy are lined up to play out on the Sunday Night of Picnic, really hope it is true make such a difference having them on the line up

Extreme meh. If true then I shall be in the EA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    We’ve been saying this since June :(

I’m not even expecting anyone big anymore cos I know I’ll be disappointed. Just want to know who I should give a listen to before it

Exactly, I just want to find a few new acts to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Davydeath wrote: »
    Bicep posted on twitter yesterday they are announcing dates this morning for belfast, dublin etc.... possibly waiting on EP to announce first?

here's hoping

Olympia - 2nd November

https://www.facebook.com/events/259615087964183/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

The libertines are out too as playing in Indonesia that weekend, I only mention them as playing festivals in the UK before and after ep... The delay in announcements has gone on so long now the goods gone out of it.. I'm 32 been on the go a long time and IV never seen the likes... It really is bad form.. As stated here before if certain bands have contractual issues then announce the bands they are able to announce... As always here's hoping they surprise us and its a decent announcement, certainly short on some decent dance music besides nina and Peggy gou... And really need some guitar music...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hopefully not as I have to leave on Sunday morning.

I'd expect some of the younger acts to play on Sunday for the sunday kids crowd

Older crowd usually on a Sunday no? I see the kids running rampage on Friday and then they are usually too jacked to leave the campsites sat and Sunday

This prodigy rumour.... where is the source people

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

showpony1 wrote: »
    who cares about the announcement ] there will end up being no one good on it.
    can't believe people talking of selling their tickets over this - missing the best weekend
    of the year when Ireland has its best ever weather? there will be all the usual extras that make
    it great on top of the disappointing acts - won't bother me that Gavin James played the afternoon
     to a load of families while I was drinking cans when i'm at the trailor park or Body & Soul Earthship at 2/3am.

I'd say most people on here do...
    I get that some don't care too much and just go down for the laugh and that's great. To be honest for all the planning I do it's always the unexpected stuff that makes my weekend. But to only have half the acts announced at this stage isn't great and if this week goes by with nothing it will piss a lot of people off

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Older crowd usually on a Sunday no? I see the kids running rampage on Friday and then they are usually too jacked to leave the campsites sat and Sunday

Normally see the most kids on the Sunday, shiny happy faces of the day tickets are fairly easy to spot.

Seasick Steve is playing in Belgium on the Friday, he could easily rock up to stradbally at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Someone on Twitter posed a worrying hypothesis as to the delay.

There's a problem with the licence.

I realise that this is highly unlikely given that it's been running for years.

But I'm going a little bit on the crazy side at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Coz wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter posed a worrying hypothesis as to the delay.

There's a problem with the licence.

I realise that this is highly unlikely given that it's been running for years.

But I'm going a little bit on the crazy side at the moment.

Also unlikely as they are making announcements, just not the main stages announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some people are far too invested in this festival :pac: the announcement will come when it comes, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

It's this week, i feel it in me waters...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Have a really good feeling about tomorrow...or Friday... It's definitely one of them two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

davew121 wrote: »
    KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

I'm so erect right now

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

:D:D:D
    I'm so erect right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

Knew it. Looking forward to it already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

KKC Update ��ðŸ»

Excellent, Sunday night last year at the Salty dog was proper Craic! Really warm too, remember being in a t-shirt at 4am...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

kg703 wrote: »

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, I would say the campsites have the most amount of people Friday before 8, and least amount on Sunday.

Anyone who leaves on Sunday is dead to me! In fact they should wear a star on their clothing for identification!! (I will shave the square Tash before EP)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have only gone to see King Kong Company once and decided I wasn't in the mood half way through, must check them out again this year if they are on! In terms of Irish acts then who would people like to see added over the next 6 weeks or who do they look forward to every year? Irish acts generally end up being up there with my highlights most years.

Ships - won Choice Music award this year so surely they will get a decent slot somewhere, excellent live act that I've seen a few times now but don't recall seeing them at EP before.

Krystal Klear - after bringing out a big EP in the last few months and is very popular at the moment, seems to play at picnic every year but don't think I have caught him yet. Surely will be on the lineup somewhere.

Le Boom - probably one of the big Irish festival acts now, have seen them at Castlepalooza, Other Voices & their own gig in Whelans but missed them twice at EP last year.

Daithi - never really impressed by him until I saw him at Body & Soul with his new live band, would go to him again based on that gig alone.

Le Freak - have gone to see them the last few years in the trailer park, disco cover band, brilliant craic at one of my favourite areas of picnic.

Frankenstein Bolts - nice kind of dream pop sound, saw them at Castlepalooza last year and would go see again.

Sorcha Richardson - she just played at Longitude so hopefully she will be on the EP bill as well, unreal at Other Voices in Dingle.

New Jackson is always class and is playing in the woods this year I think? Will also check out Fontaines DC who are self announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Excellent, Sunday night last year at the Salty dog was proper Craic! Really warm too, remember being in a t-shirt at 4am...

Never caught them at EP though reading about their shows for years. The online stuff is good but there's obviously something about the live shows that sets them apart. What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Irish acts I expect to be added - Pillow Queens, Melts, the Murder capital, Attention Bebe, Sleep thieves, Paddy Hanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Have only gone to see King Kong Company once and decided I wasn't in the mood half way through, must check them out again this year if they are on! In terms of Irish acts then who would people like to see added over the next 6 weeks or who do they look forward to every year? Irish acts generally end up being up there with my highlights most years.

Ships - won Choice Music award this year so surely they will get a decent slot somewhere, excellent live act that I've seen a few times now but don't recall seeing them at EP before.

Krystal Klear - after bringing out a big EP in the last few months and is very popular at the moment, seems to play at picnic every year but don't think I have caught him yet. Surely will be on the lineup somewhere.

Le Boom - probably one of the big Irish festival acts now, have seen them at Castlepalooza, Other Voices & their own gig in Whelans but missed them twice at EP last year.

Daithi - never really impressed by him until I saw him at Body & Soul with his new live band, would go to him again based on that gig alone.

Le Freak - have gone to see them the last few years in the trailer park, disco cover band, brilliant craic at one of my favourite areas of picnic.

Frankenstein Bolts - nice kind of dream pop sound, saw them at Castlepalooza last year and would go see again.

Sorcha Richardson - she just played at Longitude so hopefully she will be on the EP bill as well, unreal at Other Voices in Dingle.

New Jackson is always class and is playing in the woods this year I think? Will also check out Fontaines DC who are self announced.

Ships played on the Body & Soul main stage last year on the Friday evening. Very good.

Would love to see Ash return and play in one of the larger tents. Had been waiting for them to turn up for years and when they do it's a direct clash with Duran Duran. Unlikely to ever pay to see DD so had to give them a look and they were immense.

Other Norn Iron acts long overdue are SLF and Van Morrison. would welcome the return of Soak too and I think Touts are very likely back after last year's success.

From south of the border I'd like Seamus Fogarty and Brigid Mae Power. Reckon Other Voices may pick up on one of both.

And if we can have Kila then why not The Gloaming, though I suspect the answer is that festivals don't work for their act. Would love to be wrong about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, I would say the campsites have the most amount of people Friday before 8, and least amount on Sunday.

Dude. Holocaust jokes are not funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement