Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ships played on the Body & Soul main stage last year on the Friday evening. Very good.

Would love to see Ash return and play in one of the larger tents. Had been waiting for them to turn up for years and when they do it's a direct clash with Duran Duran. Unlikely to ever pay to see DD so had to give them a look and they were immense.

Other Norn Iron acts long overdue are SLF and Van Morrison. would welcome the return of Soak too and I think Touts are very likely back after last year's success.

From south of the border I'd like Seamus Fogarty and Brigid Mae Power. Reckon Other Voices may pick up on one of both.

And is we can have Kila then why not The Gloaming, though I suspect the answer is that festivals don't work for their act. Would love to be wrong about that.

Isn’t Soak playing OV?
    Wouldn’t mind a set by Kila in EA at 4 or 5 any of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Poorside wrote: »
    Isn’t Soak playing OV?
    Wouldn’t mind a set by Kila in EA at 4 or 5 any of the days.

Kila played EA on the Sunday at 2pm last year .. caught the end of it and it was excellent. Doubt they will be back this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’d love Neil Flynn for a bit of techno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dude. Holocaust jokes are not funny.

... too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

davew121 wrote: »
    KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

KKC not my usual cup of tea but always try something different at Ep. Saw them at 3 in the afternoon and the energy was infectious. So much so watched them again that n

• Advertisement

KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

KKC not my usual cup of tea but always try something different at Ep. Saw them at 3 in the afternoon and the energy was infectious. So much so watched them again that n

KKC Update 👌ðŸ»

KKC not my usual cup of tea but always try something different at Ep. Saw them at 3 in the afternoon and the energy was infectious. So much so watched them again that night on salty dog. Defo go again if playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

mimimcmc wrote: »
    It's this week, i feel it in me waters...

Roger Waters you say :D:pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

More like Muddie Waters.

Have only gone to see King Kong Company once and decided I wasn't in the mood half way through, must check them out again this year if they are on! In terms of Irish acts then who would people like to see added over the next 6 weeks or who do they look forward to every year? Irish acts generally end up being up there with my highlights most years.

Ships - won Choice Music award this year so surely they will get a decent slot somewhere, excellent live act that I've seen a few times now but don't recall seeing them at EP before.

Krystal Klear - after bringing out a big EP in the last few months and is very popular at the moment, seems to play at picnic every year but don't think I have caught him yet. Surely will be on the lineup somewhere.

Le Boom - probably one of the big Irish festival acts now, have seen them at Castlepalooza, Other Voices & their own gig in Whelans but missed them twice at EP last year.

Daithi - never really impressed by him until I saw him at Body & Soul with his new live band, would go to him again based on that gig alone.

Le Freak - have gone to see them the last few years in the trailer park, disco cover band, brilliant craic at one of my favourite areas of picnic.

Frankenstein Bolts - nice kind of dream pop sound, saw them at Castlepalooza last year and would go see again.

Sorcha Richardson - she just played at Longitude so hopefully she will be on the EP bill as well, unreal at Other Voices in Dingle.

New Jackson is always class and is playing in the woods this year I think? Will also check out Fontaines DC who are self announced.

Also check out Attention Bebe who are excellent, the Haunt venue is worth seeing in the Body & Soul Village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Have a feeling we might see Malojian play OV.
    Great band. Played 2 years ago on one of the
    B& S stages.

Seen them loads over the last 3 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

thebusher wrote: »
    Have a feeling we might see Malojian play OV.
    Great band. Played 2 years ago on one of the
    B& S stages.

Seen them loads over the last 3 years or so.

Saw him at Other Voices last year in Dingle and he gave a great performance. Definitely recommend.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Never caught them at EP though reading about their shows for years. The online stuff is good but there's obviously something about the live shows that sets them apart. What is it?

The cardboard box heads? I dunno but they are fecking amazing.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MadYaker wrote: »

I read that first as Neil Finn, and thought "that could be interesting"

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

No, it's Crystal Waters, performing "Gypsy Woman" and, ummm, all her other hits in the Electric Ireland tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

No, it's Crystal Waters, performing "Gypsy Woman" and, ummm, all her other hits in the Electric Ireland tent.

Where's my shotgun...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

MadYaker wrote: »

I stumbled upon him...and I literally mean stumbled the fri night in body and soul last year.
    Loved him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Well that's phraktically an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

SmallBalls wrote: »

Skipped through that, some very nice sounds & could well be worth a look. Though hopefully the rain sound effects at the start won’t be matched from above when they’re on stage. Or at any part of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Stillill42 wrote: »

That was going to be my response!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That was going to be my response!
    Great minds, Davy....

Great minds, Davy....

Great minds and fools

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Utterly wild theory caused by Black Russian #3 and too much sun

Could they have snagged some one large but are leaving it to absolute last min to announce to prevent touting going through the roof

Could they have snagged some one large but are leaving it to absolute last min to announce to prevent touting going through the roof

I was starting to think along those lines. It's very strange there's been no announcement by them. It makes sense, tickets are being sold on for cost, or near enough as is, a massive announcement could cause that to double... however, Ticketmaster are the biggest touts in the business...

If it’s a massive announcement, would anyone with tickets sell on?

It better not be Ed anyways and probably not Aphex Twin.

Poorside wrote: »
    If it’s a massive announcement, would anyone with tickets sell on?

Done people buy EP tickets with the intention of selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

It better not be Ed anyways and probably not Aphex Twin.
    If it's Ed (or Ted, as I call him in our house), I'll cry. If, however, Mr. James were to appear, I might wet me pants!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Didnt that happen with Wireless the other weekend when one of the headliners pulled out and they kept the new headliner a secret until they turned up on stage (the replacement was Drake)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement