Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They sunk a lot of cash into the lineup and when ticket sales were slow they sunk more into getting the Afterburner.

Doubt that's true

The first lineup announcement and the licence application (with Arcadia on it) happened on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

A million bucks is the rumour

Huge amount for one act at EP when you think about it. Crazy money and I wouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

He is probably the biggest headliner they have ever had IMO but it's a risk spending so much on one act. Personally I am not a fan so would have rather seen it divided across a few different acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Huge amount for one act at EP when you think about it. Crazy money and I wouldn't be surprised

I don't know where everyone gets their figures from honestly.

Live Nation give him a set figure and expect him to play X amount of Live Nation festivals/concerts for that amount.

That's why he's headlining alot of fests around europe.

So divide the figure offered (?) by amount of fests and concerts and then you'll know how much he was paid for EP.

Here's the equation (?) / (amount of fests concerts) = (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

They spent same or very close on LCD, a massive amount on DD. It's nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Surprising that ATN hasn't sold out with a 10,000 capacity and a good line-up.  I know there is a lot on that weekend but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

maximoose wrote: »
    Doubt that's true

The first lineup announcement and the licence application (with Arcadia on it) happened on the same day

True. I Don't dispute that only sharing what I heard from someone close to the Irish festival circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Unless I'm dreaming, I've just read that the Frames are playing Ballintubbert in September? I'd LOVE to see them in Stradbally.

I can confirm they are not playing the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

kg703 wrote: »
    Unless I'm dreaming, I've just read that the Frames are playing Ballintubbert in September? I'd LOVE to see them in Stradbally.

I can confirm they are not playing the picnic
    Aww come on, Kg. Could we not have some insider knowledge that actually confirms something?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

ricerocket wrote: »
    Surprising that ATN hasn't sold out with a 10,000 capacity and a good line-up.  I know there is a lot on that weekend but still...

Capacity is 15k not 10k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kenrick probably cost them at least 500K or about 8% of ticket sales

With The Killers costing €500k in 2012 I’d say that’s accurate for KL. Or possibly more. He earned on average $1 million per gig on the Damn tour but likely less on the festival circuit given less costs.

Am personally happy he’s there as I think To Pimp A Butterfly is as good as I’ve heard in the last decade. But with 55k punters the festival can afford a fair few other decent acts. And can one of them be the Valentines please?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Can anyone remember how the second announcement was made last year? Was it just released on social media or was there a crap unveiling thing like the first announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Good question rice not sure if there was an announcement before the announcement last year..

They tweeted on the Monday that there was more acts coming on the Friday..

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/876801764883701762

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

There was indeed an announcement before the announcement last year , was on a Monday too

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

So going on last year we need an announcement on a Monday before we get it. Looks like it's not this week so!

Maybe it's just my taste..

sKorTk6.png

Grim drop in quality there

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

There was an announcement today about buying the last batch of tickets through 3Plus on Friday 27th of July. This could well coincide with the next acts announcement.

Possibly.

But who really knows anything.

sKorTk6.png

Ah while I agree that this year is definitely not as much to my taste, I don't think there is that much of a drop in quality of that section.. But this year is crying out for some sub headliners surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Nugget89 wrote: »
    There was an announcement today about buying the last batch of tickets through 3Plus on Friday 27th of July. This could well coincide with the next acts announcement.

Possibly.

But who really knows anything.
    The winners of the 2FM play the picnic competition is also being announced on 27 July so it seems to be a cut-off of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    With The Killers costing €500k in 2012 I’d say that’s accurate for KL. Or possibly more. He earned on average $1 million per gig on the Damn tour but likely less on the festival circuit given less costs.
    Festivals pay far more than standalone gigs for mid/upper tier acts generally.
    KL will easily be getting a million from EP, probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Was the shot of last year from its first or second announcement?

Judging from the tweet, it's the first I think

Aww come on, Kg. Could we not have some insider knowledge that actually confirms something?

Sorry, my one bit of insider information is quite negative.

It’d be funny if it was wrong as well and I was lied to but I was laughed at and told not a chance when I asked two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sKorTk6.png

Headliners are far better this year though, so swings and roundabouts.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Headliners are far better this year though, so swings and roundabouts.

A bit meh for me both years :pac: Granted I get that Kendrick is a big coup.

Bad news lads, play the picnic lineup just announced a few minutes ago so that's gonna be it for another week :(

Unbelievable like

I feel like this is never going to end

Will it be this week

Will it be this week

We’re gonna get to August 30th and be like well it HAS to be today 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Just got a message from 3Plus saying the last few tickets are now on sale. Not sure if that's of any significance. Looking likely it'll be next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement