Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Himselfe

Could the lack of announcements be that some of the ATN acts are going to show up at EP and out of courtesy they're not saying anything until it sells out or at least a few days beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭taramurf

Never posted on here before but avidly checking to see if/when EP will make another main stage announcement. They’re taking the absolute piss this year - def seems like they don’t care now that it sells out before any acts are announced.

Also v interested in the EP vs ATN debate. I bought my EP loyalty tickets last september but the piss poor line up and failure to make further announcements thus far have left a sour taste in my mouth. Me and my friends have already made the decision to drop EP after 15 years and go to ATN instead next year. Better line-up, beautiful venue and smaller numbers - like the good old early days of EP. Take note Festival Republic!!

Let’s hope ATN don’t f*ck it up on their debut outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

d_levins wrote: »
    La femme and St vincent worth checking out,
    but I agree, missing someone like the Shins, who were in the second announcement . .

Heavy guitar-based?
    The Shins?
    Heavy?
    The Shins?

The Shins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Dj koze self announced earlier. That's a dream announcement from my point of view!
    brilliant!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/djkoze/events/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I've a ticket for ATN now and I'll probably go to the picnic as well but I wouldn't personally think ATN has a better line up.
    KL, Massive Attack, NERD > Fleet Foxes, Underworld, Chaka Khan.

EP's undercard is also better in my opinion with another announcement to come. I know it's all down to opinions but EP seems a better line up already. Saying that ATN is in it's first year, better weekend, allowing drink into the arena so it has plenty going for it. I'm looking forward to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I've a ticket for ATN now and I'll probably go to the picnic as well but I wouldn't personally think ATN has a better line up.

EP's undercard is also better in my opinion with another announcement to come. I know it's all down to opinions but EP seems a better line up already. Saying that ATN is in it's first year, better weekend, allowing drink into the arena so it has plenty going for it. I'm looking forward to both.

Really????that could be a game changer right there for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

If someone like DJ Koze has self announced then it's quite possible that the next main announcement is due sooner than we think. Possibly tommorow?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ok lads, there s a heavy 'guitar based band' shaped hole in the line up...... or i havent found one yet
    gang of youths a bit too happy clappy for me....

any recommendations of the relative unknowns to check out??

Not a whole lot in there alright. Others have mentioned Garbage and Wolf Alice. Other than that Fontaines DC seem decent from the bit I've listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If someone like DJ Koze has self announced then it's quite possible that the next main announcement is due sooner than we think. Possibly tommorow?

Good few have self announced already

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sweet jeebus,dont be getting people's hope up blackie. It will kick off in here tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭taramurf

Looking forward to your no-holds-barred review of ATN so! John Reynolds notoriously screws things up in Year 1 (eg Metropolis) so I hope he gets this one right first time

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Rfrip wrote: »
    No way!!! Pick up is a great tune!

Would be delighted with him!

Come back ep ...all’s forgiven

My go to heatwave song, theres hope at the end of the tunne.l :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Where did he self announce? Can’t find that anywhere online. Link please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

On his facebook page he added Electric Picnic 2018 to his upcoming events.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

On his facebook page he added Electric Picnic 2018 to his upcoming events.

Ah Facebook I see. Nice one. Great addition.

What's Koze like live? Is he actually live or is it a DJ set he does?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ok lads, there s a heavy 'guitar based band' shaped hole in the line up...... or i havent found one yet
    gang of youths a bit too happy clappy for me....

any recommendations of the relative unknowns to check out??

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

taramurf wrote: »
    Looking forward to your no-holds-barred review of ATN so! John Reynolds notoriously screws things up in Year 1 (eg Metropolis) so I hope he gets this one right first time

How exactly did he screw up metropolis year 1? That was my favourite one of the 2 I went to and also by far the best line up he's had in the 3 years of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

would love to see boys noize added to the line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

would love to see boys noize added to the line up!

He's free for Sunday 2nd September, playing France on Friday and Saturday.

http://www.boysnoize.com/home

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

New Prodigy track released today. Just in time for the EP announcement.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

oh, well then it’s a possibility even if it’s only a small chance.

would love to see the last album played out live and going by his boiler set couple months wouldn’t be something to miss!
    He's free for Sunday 2nd September, playing France on Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

New Prodigy track released today. Just in time for the EP announcement.....

Is it any cop or is it like everything since the fat of the land?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Dj koze self announced earlier. That's a dream announcement from my point of view!

A dream announcement just about sums it up for me too :D:D:D

Love his stuff, never seen him live - yes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think the main reason why I’m so pissed is I feel the first announcement is seriously lacking dance
    Delighted now with Dj kose and that he’s not playing in Bacardi area either

Saw Boys Noize at Oxegen 10 years ago (****, getting old) and he was outstanding. Haven't listened to much new stuff since Power but he'd be a great addition I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Saw Boys Noize at Oxegen 10 years ago (****, getting old) and he was outstanding. Haven't listened to much new stuff since Power but he'd be a great addition I'm sure.

He played EP in 2011, I was working between the Crawdaddy and Little Big Tent, it was my first year doing the volunteering, I enjoyed what I heard emitting from the Little Big Tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That new Prodigy song is great, best thing they've done in a long time. Thought the last two albums were dreadful by and large (Invaders Must Die and Run with the Wolves weren't bad, but stuff like Omen, Thunder, Ibiza (possibly the worst thing they've ever done) were just woeful, reactionary attempts at capturing the EDM market while doubling down on things they'd done before but better. Hopefully the new album is a course correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Childish Gambino ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement