Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Does anyone know if my friend with a Pink Moon armband can come into the other boutique campsite to visit us? We’re staying in the Harvest Moon campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cloe13

Unrelated to the main topic on this thread right now i.e second round of acts- but just wondering does anybody know if the All Ireland Football Final will be shown on big screens as it's on the Sunday? Surely it would have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Cloe13 wrote: »
    Unrelated to the main topic on this thread right now i.e second round of acts- but just wondering does anybody know if the All Ireland Football Final will be shown on big screens as it's on the Sunday? Surely it would have to?
    Darn tooting sure it won't be! This is an annual preoccupation. Used to be the hurlers, but the GAA have changed dates. I'm led to believe that some smaller tents do, and Stradbally pubs happy to take your money.
    I am trying very hard not to 'gowl' about people asking. Was at BST in Hyde Park to see The Cure during 1/4 final for England. Much social media bitching about it, but having a big screen with footie would have ruined things.
    You are there for the music or you are there for the music......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Big screen on the main stage?! Absolutely not.

I think it’ll be shown in one of the oddball tent areas but otherwise you’ll have to head into Stradbally to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If I cared about GAA I'd imagine I'd be bored of football now with the dubs winning it every year. Does that not get tedious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Big screen on the main stage?! Absolutely not.

I think it’ll be shown in one of the oddball tent areas but otherwise you’ll have to head into Stradbally to watch it.

It tends to be in the tents in the Mindfield area, usually the Newstalk tent and the Gaelic tent that show the game.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    If I cared about GAA I'd imagine I'd be bored of football now with the dubs winning it every year. Does that not get tedious?

Apart from it was Galway who beat Waterford last year. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Does anyone know if my friend with a Pink Moon armband can come into the other boutique campsite to visit us? We’re staying in the Harvest Moon campsite.

They can yeah*

* i take no responsibility for a kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Its official we're onto 'stage 10' of the annual EP progression.... :D followed up by "how I love to walk into Stradbally" .."how long does it take"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Poorside wrote: »
    They can yeah*

For definite? They’ve been offered a tent in pink moon so being able to come over to us will make the decision for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How many more acts are needed to complete the main stage schedules?

Seriously Childish Gambino!!! Thanks for the recommendation!

https://youtu.be/mXahuQhadV4

Apart from it was Galway who beat Waterford last year. :confused:

That was the hurling, yes. Didn't say anything about that though did I?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    How many more acts are needed to complete the main stage schedules?

Seriously Childish Gambino!!! Thanks for the recommendation!

https://youtu.be/mXahuQhadV4

Would be a great time to get him, he's been having an incredible couple of years, he'll be stratospheric soon

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Whoever said the delay is ATN related I think they are bang on the money. If ATN isn't selling out and EP have held back a couple of thousand tickets then releasing a massive 2nd announcement next week is a plausible reason. There is a lot of bad blood between Reynolds and FR/MCD. It's a c**** trick but it's a cut throat business.

This is it in a nutshell. I hope Reynolds pulls it off. Their business plan will allow for a loss this year and the next but by year 3 hopefully they will be a sustainable venture

plus it's a small festival, it won't make much of a difference to EP really.

almost everyone I've heard of going to ATN are veterans of EP. when Body and Soul festival came along, loads of people who had gone to EP from 2004-2012 started doing B&S because they had gotten tired of EP.

same thing seems to be happening now with ATN, loads of people who have been going to EP for years getting sick of it, and looking for something new.

like when B&S came along though, there'll always be a new generation of festival-goers who want to go to EP because it's the biggest festival going.

unless EP start booking Longitude-style acts for the whole lineup, or lead it further down the commercial path, ATN won't be an issue for them any time soon.

Picnic was a small festival starting off. Curraghmore house is a massive site

The Tesco announcement is getting a right roasting on FB! Lol

The what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Mucker46

mgkelly wrote: »
    Darn tooting sure it won't be! This is an annual preoccupation. Used to be the hurlers, but the GAA have changed dates. I'm led to believe that some smaller tents do, and Stradbally pubs happy to take your money.
    I am trying very hard not to 'gowl' about people asking. Was at BST in Hyde Park to see The Cure during 1/4 final for England. Much social media bitching about it, but having a big screen with footie would have ruined things.

We're the cure good. Loved their set at ep in 2012.

Get yourself to fk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

declanleo wrote: »
    The Tesco announcement is getting a right roasting on FB! Lol

The what?
    Tesco are doing a pop up shop

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Anyway.. got a great little trolley in halfords today.. 8 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

How much is the fish ? Hope scooters on the bill for next announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

They showed the GAA on a big screen a couple of years ago at that E-Lites bit where they sell the e-cigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

chevra13i wrote: »
    They showed the GAA on a big screen a couple of years ago at that E-Lites bit where they sell the e-cigs

The pubs complained after that so they didn't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Mucker46 wrote: »
    mgkelly wrote: »

We're the cure good. Loved their set at ep in 2012.
    Absolutely excellent! Great set. Supports were good. Lovely day. Sunny and warm. Worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Newstalk definitely had match last year. It was jammed.
    Hoping we can visit friends in Harvest moon also with our pink moon wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

For definite? They’ve been offered a tent in pink moon so being able to come over to us will make the decision for them.

I don’t think they can. However one year we kicked up a fuss as they moved pod pads to pink moon instead of boutique and basically split up our group for a 30th (everyone else was in teepees), as a result they made sure there were no issues getting between the two.

Snarky Snark Snark

Tesco are doing a pop up shop

Was there not a londis/spar/centra type shop in one of the campsites already? Would assume this is the same thing but with a bigger antisocial meeja push behind it. Annoying but useful for those near it.

Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    They can yeah*

Naughty. Stop that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 namejeff128

Have been trying so so hard to get into Kendrick, but regret to announce it just isnt for me.
    Much more excited by the likes of st vincent, King Krule, chvrches, Jungle, wolf alice and fags after riding

who are people most hyping up this year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement