Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Arcade Fire are a headliner, doubt they'd be added this late.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Poorside wrote: »
    That’ll do nicely thanks,
    Do you know if the paintball eantrance open?

Not sure the gate I walked in is straight across from green car park entrance. I think Hazelwood is right inside the gate. Short walk to pink moon.....was a long walk to Joplin for me

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

What time do the Tour de Picnic riders leave Dublin? Is it a set time or do they just leave whenever?

I'm driving down but my housemates are doing the cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

How accessible are the carparks during the festival? Is it okay to leave our excess drink supply in the car and wander out Saturday if the supply is running low? Or is it possible to wander out at night and kip in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tvercetti wrote: »
    How accessible are the carparks during the festival? Is it okay to leave our excess drink supply in the car and wander out Saturday if the supply is running low? Or is it possible to wander out at night and kip in the car?
    yes and yes, although sleeping in vehicles in the car park is not officially allowed, but plenty of people do it. they're accessible 24hrs, all through the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'd prefer if the 1975 weren't in the next announcement. They're a big enough band to lead the final bunch of bands, and I'd be disappointed if a band I have no time for were in there.

Starting to think they're nailed on though.

Id say the wont do any gigs till after the summer , although i could see them maybe doing the R&L surprise set before they headline the festival next year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love to see Four Tet at EP again, his Life set in 2014 was amazing. He has two dates in August Dekmantel Festival on 1st and Lost Village festival in the UK on 25th. I know he played Forbidden Fruit this year but defintely could be one of the marquee headliners.

http://www.fourtet.net/index.php/live/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I mean I know that you SAY that Depeche Mode are winding up their tour tomorrow in their spiritual home of Berlin and that a subsequent appearance in Stradbally would be next to impossible but can you know that? Can you say for sure? In this perplexing year of all years? You can't.
    And what are the chances of the Pixies interrupting a 10 week hiatus between US and European dates just to indulge us? Zero, I hear you cry. But what do you know? Nothing.
    Uncle Melvin is the only one who knows and he's telling no-one. Enjoy these days, friends, when all things are possible. Soon enough, we'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Another Thursday question.

Are all of the campsites open on the Thursday? Thinking of going early but hoping for our usual spot in Joplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gonna try to make it a priority to see Jorja Smith at this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

You can come and go as much as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Coz wrote: »

Are all of the campsites open on the Thursday? Thinking of going early but hoping for our usual spot in Joplin.

All open except Eco and Family

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Can Def wander out freely all weekend and grab what u need from car, as for sleeping in it its raining I don't see how they could stop u doing that, unless they close the entrances late at night so u may have to head out to car before exit close maybe? I'm not sure tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Coz wrote: »

All open except Eco and Family

You need an early entry ticket to arrive on Thursday (€25 extra)

Normal weekend tickets will only get you in after 9am Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

40 days to lift off. With that in mind I am expecting 2 announcements if not more per week going forward. This week I think we might get body and soul. I don't think we'll get the main announcement till early next week so am expecting something like Jerry Fish or Salty Dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

tonto123 wrote: »
    Can Def wander out freely all weekend and grab what u need from car, as for sleeping in it its raining I don't see how they could stop u doing that, unless they close the entrances late at night so u may have to head out to car before exit close maybe? I'm not sure tho

Nah, the exits are open 24/7. They do have a couple of guys wandering the car parks with torches checking for people sleeping in cars, but unless you have a light on or have music blaring, the odds on being spotted are miniscule.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I keep hearing James songs, they have to be a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

blackwhite wrote: »
    You need an early entry ticket to arrive on Thursday (€25 extra)

Normal weekend tickets will only get you in after 9am Friday.

Think you need to contact the boutique crews also to see if they are doing it. Pink moon I think have an extra charge on top of the EP charge for the Thursday night, would imagine the others do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This is our week lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Rfrip wrote: »
    This is our week lads!!

Unless there is an "announcement of the announcement" today, I don't think it will be.

• Advertisement

Think you need to contact the boutique crews also to see if they are doing it. Pink moon I think have an extra charge on top of the EP charge for the Thursday night, would imagine the others do too.

They do, it €10

If they want to hit ATN I reckon we’ll get something soon. This week will be the last payday before EP for a lot of people so a good announcement and the release of a couple of thousand ‘production’ tickets could make peoples mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

If they want to hit ATN I reckon we’ll get something soon. This week will be the last payday before EP for a lot of people so a good announcement and the release of a couple of thousand ‘production’ tickets could make peoples mind up.

It has to be this week or very early next week otherwise it's not related to ATN. I've seen people mention Friday week to maximize damage to ATN which makes zero sense as any people who are making last minute decisions will have tickets by then. Very few people rock up to ticket booths at festivals these days unless they have pre purchased. IMO the optimum time to announce would be this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    This is our week lads!!

Said it before but I’m seriously impressed that FR manage to be such a totally leak free zone in Ireland.

We literally have no f.ucking clue as to when there will be an announcement and what it will contain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not saying this won't happen but I've seen quite a few sponsored ads from Three on Instagram saying that they have "the last tickets" for Electric Picnic, exclusively for their customers.

Given that they spend a pretty penny on advertising, I'd say if they have "the last" tickets, they want them released last, not followed immediately by another batch of tickets.

Due on sale on Friday, July 27. Presumably, that'll be preceded by an announcement of acts on Wednesday or Thursday and Three will go nuclear on social media, spreading the message that they have the last tix and, therefore, the last chance to see whoever gets added.

My understanding was that last year it was quite a small batch and difficult to get.

I'm not on Three but if anyone is looking to go down that route, hop onto their Instragram, the link in their bio brings you to an info page. Presumably involves some pre-registration or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I really think people are looking too hard for reasons for the delay. I'd be very surprised if EP have held back thousands of tickets just to wreck ATN.

EP is a business; businesses generally prefer to have cash in the bank as early as possible. Even 1,000 tickets is a quarter of a million euro hanging out in the breeze when it could be used to pay suppliers/artists/whatever.

This idea that EP is trying to sabotage ATN has completely snowballed.

Correct and right it's rediculous to think hold up has anything to do with other gigs or festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Suede's new album out on 21st September. Just saying.

late enough now that we dont need an announcement about an announcement im hoping and praying..... and they will just spring it on us one of the days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I'm expecting a small announcement on Wednesday (Salty Dog or similar) followed by a bigger announcement on Friday (hopefully Main #2 but could be Body & Soul).  Regardless of the reasons for the hold-up, with 5 weeks to go they really should have their sh1t sorted in terms of booking acts or else they are having bigger problems that we thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement