Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

by my reckoning, we still have the following announcements to come over the next 5 weeks:

Main acts
    Body & Soul
    Comedy
    Salty Dog
    Jerry Fish's thing
    Trailer Park
    Electric Ireland cheese
    Mindfield
    Transmission
    Global Green
    ArtLot
    JustEat Retreat (DJs)
    Heineken Live (DJs)
    Orchard Thieves Bold Motel (DJs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ricerocket wrote: »
    I'm expecting a small announcement on Wednesday (Salty Dog or similar) followed by a bigger announcement on Friday (hopefully Main #2 but could be Body & Soul).  Regardless of the reasons for the hold-up, with 5 weeks to go they really should have their sh1t sorted in terms of booking acts or else they are having bigger problems that we thought.

My memory might be letting me down here, but I thought that the B&S announcement is usually very near the end, last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

My memory might be letting me down here, but I thought that the B&S announcement is usually very near the end, last couple of weeks.

Don't think so..iirc it's been late July or very early August. I know this because I usually enjoy a few weeks of exploring line-up before EP

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

surely they would want to announce the acts sooner rather than later to get the country talking about the festival... instead of just announcing two weeks before and the wholething just comes and goes... obviously im overthinking an they couldnt give a fiddlers as they sell out regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Don't think so..iirc it's been late July or very early August. I know this because I usually enjoy a few weeks of exploring line-up before EP

Just my Monday morning Alzheimer's kicking in so ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Just my Monday morning Alzheimer's kicking in so ..

Had a quick look at last year and it was announced 27th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

who needs line-up announcements... there's going to be gaelteacht camping! can I be bean an ti (fada)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

You won't make much of a Beann an tí­ if you can't find Alt-Gr!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnddd another day gone

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

tonto123 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnddd another day gone

You Iiving in Australia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You Iiving in Australia?

Is this a reference to Tame Impala?

What have you heard? For the love of god will you just tell us what you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Poorside wrote: »
    Is this a reference to Tame Impala?

What have you heard? For the love of god will you just tell us what you know.

Make it happen.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You Iiving in Australia?

Stone the flaming crows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://pitchfork.com/news/kevin-parker-talks-new-tame-impala-album-sza-collab-more/?mbid=social_twitter
    Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker has hinted at a follow-up to Currents for the first time, in conversation with Beats 1’s Matt Wilkinson. Parker says he’s “ready to play some other songs live” and will be “very disappointed” if a new record isn’t out next summer. “I like that the first time people hear it is the kind of the recorded glory,” he adds, “like the premeditated thing that I’ve spent two years on, rather than being half drunk bashing it out on stage, hitting clanger notes.”

Sounds like Tame Impala 2019 is more likely than Tame Impala 2018...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Is it too early to open up the 'tribute/cover bands at a festival' debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Stillill42

thebusher wrote: »
    No. I actually sent these Charming Men a message asking whether they were making an appearance or not. In true Morrissey fashion, they completely ignored me. I'm quietly confident though. That Neil Young tribute that played Trailer Park on the Friday last year was great. I'd love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Last year friday 6p-ish the Doors tribute band on salty dog. great way to start the festival. Year before was These Charming Men in the same slot. hopefully a decent one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Davydeath wrote: »
    Last year friday 6p-ish the Doors tribute band on salty dog. great way to start the festival. Year before was These Charming Men in the same slot. hopefully a decent one this year.

100% The doors tribute were our rendezvous point an it kicked off from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

100% The doors tribute were our rendezvous point an it kicked off from there!
    haha same.

What a night that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

No problem at all with tributes at the festival.

Le Freak last year at The Trailer Park was probably the most fun I had all weekend.

• Advertisement

Agreed. TCM were top notch last year. Harvest on Friday evening were brilliant.
    Pogueology at midnight in Jimmys Juke Joint was some craic for as long as it lasted.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    No. I actually sent these Charming Men a message asking whether they were making an appearance or not. In true Morrissey fashion, they completely ignored me. I'm quietly confident though. That Neil Young tribute that played Trailer Park on the Friday last year was great. I'd love to see them again.

Yea. I sent Harvest a message too. They replied tagging Trailer Park sauing 'make it happen'

Loved TCM last year

For that big dirty guitar shaped hole.

Wood Burning Savages are playing the Play the Picnic stage on Sunday.

Loud.

https://youtu.be/C_J7X1S_3TY

https://youtu.be/fgS3aeLy3Q8

https://youtu.be/uYjeIkyNwwY

Colter Wall self announced for Sunday.

Great voice. American/Country

I’m reliably informed I really enjoyed that set.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Quick question not related to the announcements. Are we allowed to bring small camping chairs inside of the arena? It says no on the official list on their website for any camping gear. But I seem to recall quite a lot of people with chairs inside the arena. Just asking cause I'm bringing my folks this time round and I'd like to know if they can rest easily. Sorry if it's been asked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/book-your-eco-friendly-toilet-loowatt-now-0

*Insert festival going down the toilet joke here*

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Quick question not related to the announcements. Are we allowed to bring small camping chairs inside of the arena? It says no on the official list on their website for any camping gear. But I seem to recall quite a lot of people with chairs inside the arena. Just asking cause I'm bringing my folks this time round and I'd like to know if they can rest easily. Sorry if it's been asked before.

Based on 2017 experience, it depends on the steward/security individual, some were complete and utter 100% w@nkers (I am not bitter!), ie those around Pink Moon, at the Salty Dog entrance they were ok. We only had those tiny tripod things.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Another post on twitter about Massive Attack being brilliant and blah blah blah. This is getting seriously annoying.

• Advertisement

€29, that’s a bit much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement