Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

The recent news announcements are so awful that I'm now convinced that they are about to drop something really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Poorside wrote: »
    €29, that’s a bit much.
    almost certain the early bird price last year was €15.

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Another post on twitter about Massive Attack being brilliant and blah blah blah. This is getting seriously annoying.
    I don't remember as much of this useless filler in recent years - it smacks of trying to fill the vacuum.

Another post on twitter about Massive Attack being brilliant and blah blah blah. This is getting seriously annoying.
    I don't remember as much of this useless filler in recent years - it smacks of trying to fill the vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I thought so too. I’m staying in eco for the first time this year is there a set of these in there? If so I might just shell out for the middle of the night bathroom trips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Getting dogs abuse right now on twitter after that tweet and rightfully so... Its a fecking disgrace only a month away and still nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

tonto123 wrote: »
    Getting dogs abuse right now on twitter after that tweet and rightfully so... Its a fecking disgrace only a month away and still nothing...

I was 100% one of them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

€29, that’s a bit much.

It's less than a €10 a day. Trust me, you'll be glad of it.

As said IV always defended them but this has been very disrespectful behaviour and then to really take the piss with stupid statuses and tweets... Goon on you they deserve to be shown up on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

It's less than a €10 a day. Trust me, you'll be glad of it.

I’m staying in Podpads, jacks are always decent there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

39 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Quick question not related to the announcements. Are we allowed to bring small camping chairs inside of the arena? It says no on the official list on their website for any camping gear. But I seem to recall quite a lot of people with chairs inside the arena. Just asking cause I'm bringing my folks this time round and I'd like to know if they can rest easily. Sorry if it's been asked before.

I've been to 7 Picnics and I've never been able to bring in a chair or tripod stool.

I'm not on Twitter, could you give them a bollocking from me too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Their comms team aren’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

As said IV always defended them but this has been very disrespectful behaviour and then to really take the piss with stupid statuses and tweets... Goon on you they deserve to be shown up on twitter

"Did you hear massive attack are playing"
    "Heres massive attacks top 10 songs"
    "Can't wait for massive attack".

poor Auld Kendrick is barely a look-in,

Might be part of the contract that Massive Attack have with EP have, to push them on Social Media.

But its getting real old when they haven't announced the other acts, Finger crossed for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kg703 wrote: »
    I thought so too. I’m staying in eco for the first time this year is there a set of these in there? If so I might just shell out for the middle of the night bathroom trips
    there was last year anyway, I didn't use them, but the girls in our group liked them as there were nice big mirrors with lights and stuff for doing the makeup.

just found the email, no mention of the early bird online price, but the price onsite was €20, so it must have been €15 in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And the articles opening line:
    If you’ve got your tickets for this year’s Electric Picnic, you’ll know the line up is bigger and better than ever.

Maybe they are enjoying the wind up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

39 sleeps
    39 sleeps and about that many main arena acts announced.. Not funny anymore really is it...

Anyway, got round to listening to a few new names, Hak Baker is the standout for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How do you view the other tweets or replies was looking at their Twitter post but couldn't figure how to read the replies.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

How do you view the other tweets or replies was looking at their Twitter post but couldn't figure how to read the replies.

Just click on the main body of their post and it should bring up the thread.

• Advertisement

It just takes me to their website with no replies. :)

Aaaah got it it now. :)

It just takes me to their website with no replies. :)

Weird.

Ye that's how it works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Yes, the early bird price last year was €15. Now it's €28.80.

"We can't wait to welcome Massive Attack back to Electric Picnic! Who remembers their 2010 performance?"
    I'd say organisers are hoping no-one can remember as there was a downpour and the crowd deserted the main stage - check out the YouTube videos and you'll see the rain teeming down and you'll hear people chatting in the "crowd" - the music barely audible in the background.  Not surprised if MA asked the organisers to give them a push this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

ricerocket wrote: »
    "We can't wait to welcome Massive Attack back to Electric Picnic! Who remembers their 2010 performance?"
    I'd say organisers are hoping no-one can remember as there was a downpour and the crowd deserted the main stage - check out the YouTube videos and you'll see the rain teeming down and you'll hear people chatting in the "crowd" - the music barely audible in the background.  Not surprised if MA asked the organisers to give them a push this time around!
    Dunno where you were, but the crowd around us were loving it, sound was fine, and MA were making light of it throughout the set. One of the best and most memorable performances of any EP, if you weren't afraid of a bit of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I seem to remember the performance being good, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

ricerocket wrote: »
    The recent news announcements are so awful that I'm now convinced that they are about to drop something really good!

Couldn't get any worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

d_levins wrote: »
    "Did you hear massive attack are playing"
    "Heres massive attacks top 10 songs"
    "Can't wait for massive attack".

poor Auld Kendrick is barely a look-in,

Might be part of the contract that Massive Attack have with EP have, to push them on Social Media.

But its getting real old when they haven't announced the other acts, Finger crossed for this week.

I doubt it as massive attack don't do social media

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement