Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Anybody staying in Eco campsite, do not buy the ticket for loowatt just yet. Discounted prices will be coming out in "the coming days"........ F*cking convenient for them, now that I bought the tickets as well as a few of my friends.

I can't post a URL yet, new user here, but check out their replies to ThueryG on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sure it wouldn't be that bad, I'm sure it was a lot worse that the EP elders talk in legend about when it was the original psytrance stage. I could go to sleep to the thump of techno no problem, last time I was at Rave in the woods was 2015 when it was really cheesy house, hopefully its went back to the techno buzz of Klock, Orbison, Sharpe style and I see Defekt is playing this year so that should be a good oul thump.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

declanleo wrote: »
    Eco campsite is right on top of the rave in the woods? Think I'll give it a miss

Looking at last year's map, if we aim for the back towards the camper vans/Joplin, we'll be further away from the rave than we were at the back of last year's eco camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anybody staying in Eco campsite, do not buy the ticket for loowatt just yet. Discounted prices will be coming out in "the coming days"........ F*cking convenient for them, now that I bought the tickets as well as a few of my friends.

I can't post a URL yet, new user here, but check out their replies to ThueryG on twitter.
    nice one. I see that the wristbands for the ones in Eco won't work for the ones in general, so you may be able to complain and get it refunded.

Hi Niamh - just a quick update on this for you, there will be a separate ticket link sent out to ECO Campsite registered campers to book LooWatt spaces for the ECO Campsite. Also, Loowatt eco-ticket holders will not have access to the general camping LooWatt, and vice-versa.
    Hi Guillaume, all LooWatt prices will remain the same as last year. Eco campsite early bird tickets can be purchased via a ticket link, which will be sent to all Eco campsite registered campers. This should arrive within the coming days.

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1021791277237633025

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1021792181949018113

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

nice one. I see that the wristbands for the ones in Eco won't work for the ones in general, so you may be able to complain and get it refunded.

Yeah I hope they'll be able to fulfill refunds. I contacted loowatt already. Will let you know in case anybody is in the same situation as me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Announcements left

Main arena no. 2
    Salty Dog
    Trailer Park
    Comedy Tent
    Mindfield
    Jerry Fish
    Body and soul
    Just eat
    Red bull sound dome
    Throwback stage

Probably get another OV and trenchtown announcement.

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

That's great, they could have told us that. I've went ahead and booked without knowing about any discount. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 namejeff128

Im starting to doubt a second announcement is coming lads...

Am i going mad or has madness given way to reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Has to be, needs to be at least another 30 acts added to flesh out the weekend for the main stage and the tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have suspected for some time, but I was laughed at for suggesting it a few pages ago. But I think there has to be something. There simply isn’t enough bands currently announced to fill all the stages for 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jaysus, they're very concerned to let people know about the toilets. Only responses they've been given in weeks.

Sub headliners on the mainstage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have suspected for some time, but I was laughed at for suggesting it a few pages ago. But I think there has to be something. There simply isn’t enough bands currently announced to fill all the stages for 3 days.

Ah come on lads. Ockhams razor. They've been doing this for 14 years, you don't suddenly think they're going to start opening the arena at 7pm each evening. They're held up by some technical issue, or they're trying some sort of promotional thing. they haven't just halved the entire festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Oh I'm the same, have kids now so don't get to any gigs ,I was really looking forward to getting an announcement as the excitement of listening to new acts is a big deal for me, its a big part of the excitement leading up to it.... Now I feel its jus gonna be a rush job between the announcement and the festival... They have got to have some decent acts now in the 2nd announcement as if they don't people will be so pissed off after being made wait so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jaysus, they're very concerned to let people know about the toilets. Only responses they've been given in weeks.

Sub headliners on the mainstage?

They are full of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Ah come on lads. Ockhams razor. They've been doing this for 14 years, you don't suddenly think they're going to start opening the arena at 7pm each evening. They're held up by some technical issue, or they're trying some sort of promotional thing. they haven't just halved the entire festival.

Oh no there will Def be a second announcement jus being held up for some reason, but no its Def coming your right on that, no where near enough acts at mó till fill time slots sure

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

You're going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tonto123 wrote: »
    Oh I'm the same, have kids now so don't get to any gigs ,I was really looking forward to getting an announcement as the excitement of listening to new acts is a big deal for me, its a big part of the excitement leading up to it.... Now I feel its jus gonna be a rush job between the announcement and the festival... They have got to have some decent acts now in the 2nd announcement as if they don't people will be so pissed off after being made wait so long...

Meh, put the Spotify playlist on in the car. I dunno what your commute is like but I spend A LOT of time in my car and I think it’s actually one of the best places to listen to music. Though I recently changed my car and my new one has savage speakers but since I learned how to drive I’ve always found it to be a great place for discovering new tunes.

Just had a flash of inspiration there sorta pre-guessing the Body & Soul announcement, I took these artists from the Latitude clashfinder for the Solas stage which is run by Body&Soul, So I can imagine there will be a few decent headline acts and perhaps a smattering of some of these.

Skinny Rogers, The Ninth Wave, Honey Harper, Honey Lung, Kandy Gable, Delilah Montagu, Joisienne Clarke & Ben Walker, Joseph J. Jones, Pillow Queens, W.H Lung, The Modern Strangers, 3D, Holiday Oscar, Riley Pearce, Findlay, Lilla Vargen, David Keenan, Ruby Empress, Catnapp, Nathan Bell, Amaroon, ARK, Sing Along Social, Dancing On Tables, Bear Cubs, Lyra, Superorganism. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Stuck king krule on spotify after reading a recommendation on here and having heard him with mount kimbie. What a disappointment. After about 8or 9 songs i gave up. He'd give morrissey a run for his money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

declanleo wrote: »
    Stuck king krule on spotify after reading a recommendation on here and having heard him with mount kimbie. What a disappointment. After about 8or 9 songs i gave up. He'd give morrissey a run for his money

Don't get it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

I see 3 has a last minute pre sale on Friday. Wonder will this be through the tickemaster page ? I'm not with the network but should be able to get myself a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Could do with a few from this US October fest:

https://desertdaze.org/lineup/#/lineup_groupings/poster

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    I see 3 has a last minute pre sale on Friday. Wonder will this be through the tickemaster page ? I'm not with the network but should be able to get myself a code.

Do you not have to get the text on the 083 number though to get the code in first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Do you not have to get the text on the 083 number though to get the code in first place.
    Yes you do and I have one but the code would work on the Ticketmaster page in the past thats how I got Arctic Monkeys tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

456623.jpg
    LiqPH0o.jpg

Yellow - old Eco campsite
    Red - new Eco campsite
    Pink blob - Rave in the Woods-ish

Thanks for that GD! This will be my first year in Eco, sign up was waaaaay too easy vs when I tried in previous years so figured its was moved.

I've stayed roughly where the green Mark is for the past couple of years, its a savage spot. 10min walk to both red car park and salty dog. Relatively clean!!
    Although the rave in the woods is near, I don't recall it ever being an issue

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1021791277237633025

This doesn't make sense. Last year you needed a wristband to enter the Eco campsite so the LooWatts in there could only be used by people who had a LooWatt wristband and were staying in Eco. People staying in general camping couldn't use the Eco LooWatts.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Sorry to jump ahead to gear talk this far out but can anyone recommend a good trolley for carting stuff? I've gone with cheapy ones the last few years and if it got to the queue without self-destructing I considered myself lucky! Wouldn't mind something a bit more robust this time round.

Burkie94 wrote: »
    Sorry to jump ahead to gear talk this far out but can anyone recommend a good trolley for carting stuff? I've gone with cheapy ones the last few years and if it got to the queue without self-destructing I considered myself lucky! Wouldn't mind something a bit more robust this time round.

Halfords seem to have a good one for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Davydeath wrote: »
    Last year friday 6p-ish the Doors tribute band on salty dog. great way to start the festival. Year before was These Charming Men in the same slot. hopefully a decent one this year.

Completely agree with you. Had my first can of the weekend at them before heading into the main arena. Wouldn't mind a Nirvana tribute band to blast the ear drums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Okay okay okay, desperately trying to remain calm, no, sane, and listen to you.

Does anyone think that EP have some cracker in the bag and are leaving it late in order to amp up the excitement so they ensure is also a sell out before the first act is announced?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement