Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Another day bites the dust....

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    Another day bites the dust....

Are you going to bed early or something?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,641 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Are you going to bed early or something?

tonto lives on Kiritimati

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Friday would be probable (if any) given release of tickets on that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

everlast75 wrote: »
    Friday would be probable (if any) given release of tickets on that day?

It's definitely looking like it'll be Friday but the lack of "announcement of the announcement" does worry me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

BigMo1 wrote: »
    It's definitely looking like it'll be Friday but the lack of "announcement of the announcement" does worry me.

Can anyone remember how many days' notice they gave in previous announcements of announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Previous main announcement about the announcement was on the Monday and the announcement was on the Friday if I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Can anyone remember how many days' notice they gave in previous announcements of announcements?

I think it was the Monday saying "New acts coming this Friday."

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

With regard to another announcement / extra lineup additions.
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif][img=227x291]file:///C:\Users\E477138\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/img][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Is there anything to be said for saying another mass !! ( picture not showing....)[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Given the ongoing delay I would have thought it unlikely that they will make an announcement about the announcement. We'll get an announcement tomorrow or Friday but who knows if it will be the main announcement...Either way, it can't run past Friday week so we're on the home straight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Would have bet money we'd get something today, OV 2, B&S, Trailer Park...something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

It has been a long read to catch up on the last 50 pages on this but i got there....
    very frustrating that no clarity given on lineup - frankly a disgrace to treat your customers this way - but still plenty of acts to be announced at the likes of Salty Dog & Jerry Fish no matter what.

As for RITW , have been camped nearby a couple of times, thrown my own unique shapes at it too, but i can assure you that by the time you hit your tent  falling asleep with a rave going on is NEVER a problem :D 

Hoping some of the Irish undercard from last year return like TOUTS Fangclub Otherkin Brand New Friend, KKC but also older acts like Sultans of ping, Something Happens , Dave Couse / A House ( cant see that !!) Frank & Walters again

Would like Ride from 2 years ago to return & Young fathers from last year if possible but doubt it 
    James would be great too, as would IDLEs 
    Would love the Specials also but not on main stage.

A couple of good cover bands would also be  great ACDC Pogues Doors Smiths great options 

Keep the faith and in just over a month we'll all be suppin' lovely beverages listening to great music and having the craic

p.s. doesn't newstalk tent show matches on tv's too for people wanting to catch that

All this talk of tribute bands (particularly when someone mentioned Nirvana) has me yearning for a grunge band.
    Maybe someone along the lines of Seattle Grunge Experience. Have they played Electric Picnic before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

It has been a long read to catch up on the last 50 pages on this but i got there....
    very frustrating that no clarity given on lineup - frankly a disgrace to treat your customers this way - but still plenty of acts to be announced at the likes of Salty Dog & Jerry Fish no matter what.

As for RITW , have been camped nearby a couple of times, thrown my own unique shapes at it too, but i can assure you that by the time you hit your tent  falling asleep with a rave going on is NEVER a problem :D 

Hoping some of the Irish undercard from last year return like TOUTS Fangclub Otherkin Brand New Friend, KKC but also older acts like Sultans of ping, Something Happens , Dave Couse / A House ( cant see that !!) Frank & Walters again

Would like Ride from 2 years ago to return & Young fathers from last year if possible but doubt it 
    James would be great too, as would IDLEs 
    Would love the Specials also but not on main stage.

A couple of good cover bands would also be  great ACDC Pogues Doors Smiths great options 

Keep the faith and in just over a month we'll all be suppin' lovely beverages listening to great music and having the craic

p.s. doesn't newstalk tent show matches on tv's too for people wanting to catch that

Great suggestions there, and pretty likely some will be listed. Something Happens played Galway last week & were superb. They were obviously really enjoying themselves. Nine song encore including Rocky Racoon & Does Your Mother Know? Frank & Walters I keep missing but won’t this time after hearing their stuff again in The Young Offenders.

Covers band great last year, particularly welcome on Friday night when the main arena lineup was pretty bland. Chic & Pogues guys great but the standout for me was the Neil Young crew Harvest. Great musicians, vocals and the ideal start to EP. Bring ‘em back!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

How likely is the delay related to them struggling to fill the lineup adequately, it's possible that acts have dropped out that were due to play and EP are still finalising replacement acts.

Speaking of covers - I heard from a very reliable source that TCM will be playing Saturday night around 7pm - no mention of stage but presumed Salty Dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

All this talk of tribute bands (particularly when someone mentioned Nirvana) has me yearning for a grunge band.
    Maybe someone along the lines of Seattle Grunge Experience. Have they played Electric Picnic before?

Pretty sure they’ve not appeared before. Never heard of them til they did a gig at Monroe’s in Galway recently. Are they decent?

Caught two excellent covers band at Fever Pitch fest here recent. Thin Az Lizzy & Bowie band Rebel Rebel. Both ideal for Trailer Park.

whelzer wrote: »
    Speaking of covers - I heard from a very reliable source that TCM will be playing Saturday night around 7pm - no mention of stage but presumed Salty Dog?

Who are tcm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Who are tcm?

You’ve not been on this thread long enough

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they’ve not appeared before. Never heard of them til they did a gig at Monroe’s in Galway recently. Are they decent?

I've heard good things about them! I've yet to seem them live, I keep missing their gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

kg703 wrote: »
    You’ve not been on this thread long enough

If he's a teenager, he's going to get some hop!

If he's a teenager, he's going to get some hop!

Lol 32, a cover band named tcm, sorry only asking

Town called malice, this charming man, something like that I'm guessing

Town called malice, this charming man, something like that I'm guessing

Close enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Acts I'm positive are going to be in the announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Can't see Hopkins, he's already played B and S and has Vicar St show in October. I'm going to Vicar St show but I'd happily see him on line-up fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Did anyone read the just eat thing? It said in a survey the person people would most like to share an ice cream with is Megan Markle followed closely by Prince Harry

I’m calling absolute BS on that one

FAKES

LIES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I asked Horace Panter on Twitter if The Specials had any more gigs lined up this year. He saod only a small US tour.

I hope he was lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement