Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

kg703 wrote: »
    Did anyone read the just eat thing? It said in a survey the person people would most like to share an ice cream with is Megan Markle followed closely by Prince Harry

I’m calling absolute BS on that one

FAKES

LIES

There were only 2 options.
    ice cream with is Megan Markle
    or pizza with Prince Harry

- I know which one i'd choose . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Did anyone read the just eat thing? It said in a survey the person people would most like to share an ice cream with is Megan Markle followed closely by Prince Harry

Ffs, Another civil war is needed to erase the stain of these brain dead vacuous wannabe little englanders from the soil of the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm surprised Jim Carroll hasn't wrote an article now about this delay in the announcement, perhaps we might see something in the Irish Times about it unless they splurge the announcement on the Friday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I’m calling absolute BS on that one

FAKES

LIES

I'd rather have ice cream with my mother and I haven't spoken to her in 18 months:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm surprised Jim Carroll hasn't wrote an article now about this delay in the announcement, perhaps we might see something in the Irish Times about it unless they splurge the announcement on the Friday.

Funnily enough I tweeted him earlier today

• Advertisement

Check out @byjimcarroll’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/byjimcarroll/status/1022156622825697280?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I think thats a little unfair. For those of us who have been we know its going to be a good weekend and we have the option to buy early for 165 quid or wait until the line up for 240? Normally you take the chance and save the 80 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

He's got a point maybe some people won't be in a rush next year to buy tickets. But it will probably sell out quickly again. Only reason I can see myself not going next year is if I have a **** time at it (has never happened) or they do a longitude and go in a different direction (can't see that happening) as annoyed as i am about the delay i think it just tells me how much I'm looking forward to it and how much i love this festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I think thats a little unfair. For those of us who have been we know its going to be a good weekend and we have the option to buy early for 165 quid or wait until the line up for 240? Normally you take the chance and save the 80 euro!
    Agreed. Jim's had the hump with EP for a few years now. The 'stupid' comment is unnecessary.

• Advertisement

I very briefly considered texting into 2fm to see if Eoghan McDermott would spill the beans.....that would have been a new low for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

haitens wrote: »
    I very briefly considered texting into 2fm to see if Eoghan McDermott would spill the beans.....that would have been a new low for me.

Maybe you should tell electric picnic that, they'd have to announce if it was damaging people's mental health that much!

Maybe you should tell electric picnic that, they'd have to announce if it was damaging people's mental health that much!

Pretty sure I could sue for emotional distress:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

He's an idiot always was, if u wait till its announced u could miss out on a ticket sure, muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

He makes himself sound silly with that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He makes himself sound silly with that comment.

Absolutely, the tickets sell out before the first announcement like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Jesus, it's not that bad, give yourself a shake, keep it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Jimmy C ain’t with the Times anymore, poor lamb. He’s slumming it with RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Im on the mailing list for Leeds and reading festivals, very different approach there!
    One month out and they have stage times! I must say I'm normally calm and casual about the announcements but actually starting to get mad now....

456694.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I must say I'm normally calm and casual about the announcements but actually starting to get mad

If the new announcement is an amazing one then Im sure all will be forgiven.

However, I suspect it will be mediocre and more of the same.

I'm not mad as such, just annoyed. Less time to get into new bands and such. There have been a lot of people saying it wont make much of a difference who is playing but to be honest if people start selling their tickets due to frustration and then when those who hold on get to the festival in a bit of a meh! state of mind, I think it might not be as good a year this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Im on the mailing list for Leeds and reading festivals, very different approach there!
    One month out and they have stage times! I must say I'm normally calm and casual about the announcements but actually starting to get mad now....

456694.jpg

It's actually ridiculous at this stage. We won't get stage times until the week before if even. Very poor planning from EP this year.... still can't wait for it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

tonto123 wrote: »
    He's an idiot always was, if u wait till its announced u could miss out on a ticket sure, muppet

Go on adverts now,you can buy any amount of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Only reason I buy early is for the discount other than that I'd be waiting for full line up. Always lots of face value tickets pop up the closer it gets..

erica74 wrote: »
    Jesus, it's not that bad, give yourself a shake, keep it together.

I know I should know better...sure he can only give me bad news.

If the new announcement is an amazing one then Im sure all will be forgiven.

However, I suspect it will be mediocre and more of the same.

I'm not mad as such, just annoyed. Less time to get into new bands and such. There have been a lot of people saying it wont make much of a difference who is playing but to be honest if people start selling their tickets due to frustration and then when those who hold on get to the festival in a bit of a meh! state of mind, I think it might not be as good a year this year.

True the tickets will be sold...But to who...and what does that mean to the vibe of the festival. I think I said earlier in the thread...if 2 people get pissed off they could influence the group they go with. Those 2 people turn into 10 and the tickets go to people who have never been. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just saying it could change...However I'm confidently forecasting a stellar line up and all will be well. In a James, Paul Weller kinda way.

declanleo wrote: »
    Go on adverts now,you can buy any amount of tickets

Really that doesn't sound great but is that not always the case? Hope the atmosphere is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Really that doesn't sound great but is that not always the case? Hope the atmosphere is the same

It is the exact same every bloody year, only diff this year is the delay. The tickets being flogged on / whinging about the line up / complaining about the lack of news / conviction that the festival is dead etc... are all annual occurrences.

It is the exact same every bloody year, only diff this year is the delay. The tickets being flogged on / whinging about the line up / complaining about the lack of news / conviction that the festival is dead etc... are all annual occurrences.

Wondering about the weather starts next week

One act I haven't seen mentioned a whole lot, if at all on here, are Two Door Cinema Club. They have nothing on the weekend of EP and would fit the mid level/sub headline act. Didn't they close the main stage after Bjork a few years back? They're a band that get a good bit of radio play here too, and from the two times I've seen them, put on a good show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

The difference is - this time two years ago tickets were selling for 300+ on donedeal. One year ago they were selling for 100 quid the week before, and this year they’re selling at face value now, and you’ll pick one up for nothing as the weeks go by. The exclusivity of an EP ticket has vanished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement