Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Play the Picnic winners being announced tomorrow so would expect something today. Having said that, the bigger announcements usually happen on Fridays so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

kg703 wrote: »
    I think if it was today there would be somebody on the radio saying .. we have big EP news coming later etc

In saying that I’ve let go of all anger and moved onto praying the weather is good and dreading the thought of carrying all the gear in on my own. Husband was refused leave. Disaster

Find some young lads and flirt like your life depends on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

That’s exactly it re the waterproof footwear. Even if it’s not muddy, the salty dog for example, is a giant toilet by Sunday night. You’re stepping in all sorts. Only wear footwear you can hose down or are prepared to bin

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Presume 3 will sell the last remaining tickets tomorrow morning and then the announcement will be made??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

PinkCamper wrote: »
    That’s exactly it re the waterproof footwear. Even if it’s not muddy, the salty dog for example, is a giant toilet by Sunday night. You’re stepping in all sorts. Only wear footwear you can hose down or are prepared to bin

They should really put a toilet close by there as i'm guilty of 'slipping into the trees for my we wees'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Presume 3 will sell the last remaining tickets tomorrow morning and then the announcement will be made??

Presume nothing at this stage.

They should really put a toilet close by there as i'm guilty of 'slipping into the trees for my we wees'!

Couple of portaloos wouldn’t go astray but can only imagine the state they’d get into

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It’s alright for the men!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm sure we're all sorted but if anyone needs a link to the 3plus sale tomorrow PM me your number and i'll forward the text on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Possibly been answered before but can't see it.....I have a campervan ticket as I had high hopes of having a campervan by Sept.....however this hasn't happened so it will be a caravan, do you think I will have any trouble with this?

• Advertisement

King Krule, Jorja Smith and Wolf Alice all up got the Mercury award.

Edit: And EP have just made that some news on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

kg703 wrote: »
    I think if it was today there would be somebody on the radio saying .. we have big EP news coming later etc

In saying that I’ve let go of all anger and moved onto praying the weather is good and dreading the thought of carrying all the gear in on my own. Husband was refused leave. Disaster
    But if he was to get a nasty "manflu" just before it he wouldn't be able to go to work.....
    Then he could rest and maybe drink liquids to recuperate and listen to some melodic music to soothe his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Possibly been answered before but can't see it.....I have a campervan ticket as I had high hopes of having a campervan by Sept.....however this hasn't happened so it will be a caravan, do you think I will have any trouble with this?

no worries. I did exactly this last year. Its not an issue... Caravans are cooler anyway.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    King Krule, Jorja Smith and Wolf Alice all up got the Mercury award.

Edit: And EP have just made that some news on the website.

Jorja Smith not on my radar at all. Just listened and she sounds like another dozen bland artists. Can we swap her for Nadine Shah please, my favourite for the Mercury this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

But if he was to get a nasty "manflu" just before it he wouldn't be able to go to work.....
    Then he could rest and maybe drink liquids to recuperate and listen to some melodic music to soothe his mind

I told him just to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

PinkCamper wrote: »
    It’s alright for the men!

I have had many a wee in the woods. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

I'm sure we're all sorted but if anyone needs a link to the 3plus sale tomorrow PM me your number and i'll forward the text on

Smooth operator.. good try:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

If there is anything to be announced it's usually around the 2PM mark or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Away for a few days. Essentially we are on track with last year, bar the big 2nd announcement.

I'm guessing Body and Soul before the weekend and then second and possibly final main announcement next week. If there is a third one it will be small.

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Main Stage 1|Mar 15|Mar 14
    Other Voices 1|May 3|July 5
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19|July 24
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

If there is anything to be announced it's usually around the 2PM mark or so.

Think our 'news' for today is 3 of the acts got nominated for an award . .
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/hyundai-mercury-prize-2018

• Advertisement

d_levins wrote: »
    Think our 'news' for today is 3 of the acts got nominated for an award . .
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/hyundai-mercury-prize-2018

Certainly looks that way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

I'm sure we're all sorted but if anyone needs a link to the 3plus sale tomorrow PM me your number and i'll forward the text on :)

What way does this work? I have one I want to give to a mate, do I just give him the pre sale code and he enters it into ticketmaster?

It looks very much like an announcement next week just before ATN. Which means FR are confident of making an impact so could be very good news for us. I'm sticking with the optimism anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Raekwondo wrote: »
    What way does this work? I have one I want to give to a mate, do I just give him the pre sale code and he enters it into ticketmaster?

There's a weblink in the text that you received; they follow the link and then they enter the CODE which unlocks the purchase area.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Surely if FR are trying to damage ATN sales then today or tomorrow will be the day for announcements. End of the month means payday today or tomorrow for most.
    Any last minute ticket sales for ATN will I imagine happen this weekend with people having a week to plan etc. FR waiting untill next week to announce won't have the same effect imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It looks very much like an announcement next week just before ATN. Which means FR are confident of making an impact so could be very good news for us. I'm sticking with the optimism anyway.

An announcement this week would do way more damage to ATN than one next week surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Are we back to the ATN conspiracy theory already? :P

Well, playing along, to make the biggest impact, tomorrow or Monday would really be about as late as EP could leave it to sway any potential ATN ticket buyers. Nobody is going to be sitting there at lunchtime next Thursday or Friday thinking about an impromptu festival trip the following day unless they're already in Waterford really.

If EP wants to stop anyone who has held off this long to decide between the two, then they need to pull the trigger now really.

I expected an announcement this week to go with the sale of the Three allocation of tickets but nothing yet anyway.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Surely if FR are trying to damage ATN sales then today or tomorrow will be the day for announcements. End of the month means payday today or tomorrow for most.
    Any last minute ticket sales for ATN will I imagine happen this weekend with people having a week to plan etc. FR waiting untill next week to announce won't have the same effect imo...

Fully agree. People may decide on ATN if the weather forecast is positive 6/7 days before. But a decent EP announcement would possibly dent those sales. Won't really make any difference next Thur or Fri.

BigMo1 wrote: »
    An announcement this week would do way more damage to ATN than one next week surely?

I would've thought the same. People deciding last minute to go would probably look at getting tickets over this weekend. ATN will be telling potential customers that the festival is nearly sold out etc to panic people into buying now rather than closer to time. If EP released line-up and extra tickets tommorow they could potentially sway some of those people on the fence

• Advertisement

Alternatively EP won't have many extra tickets so it's just a PR thing, they will be fully aware ATN isn't going to sell out and will release line-up next Friday as a big F U to Reynolds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement