Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

First time contributing to this year’s discussion. My two cents worth - Roger Daltry and Aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Major Dad wrote: »
    First time contributing to this year’s discussion. My two cents worth - Roger Daltry and Aha.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

It kinda depends of what EP values. ATN are going to release stage times tomorrow. If EP dont announce anything of real interest, I could see a lot of people selling their EP ticket and buying ATN over the weekend secure in the knowledge of what acts on what days they'll be able to see.

EP is not going to suffer at all money-wise no matter what happens with ATN, they're guaranteed to sell out. But a year in which ardent Picnickers are lost as customers to the new festival on the block due to bad blood and dicking with act announcements would irreparably change their target demographics to the FOMO crew who don't actually give a ****e about lineups. Whether FR care about that is up to them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

so emailed a publicity company related to EP.
    "Should be the next week or so"

so next week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

d_levins wrote: »
    so emailed lindsey holmes publicity, who's in charge of media enquires.

I get the feeling that would have been the same answer if you had sent the question a month ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

anyone who didn't think they were taking the p*** say 4 weeks ago, coming around to the idea that they are taking the p*** now?

Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

LowOdour wrote: »
    I get the feeling that would have been the same answer if you had sent the question a month ago

at least we know it won't be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

'or so'
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Even next week is taking the piss.

Gates are open 5 weeks from now and there’s still 10 decent announcements needed, that’s taking the mickey.
    What exactly are the PR team doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Hozier making an EP return may be a good shout given his American Tour is starting mid September and it seems unusual to have announced no Irish dates? May also be likely given the hint at a big Irish act by Eoghan McDermott

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Poorside wrote: »
    Gates are open 5 weeks from now and there’s still 10 decent announcements needed, that’s taking the mickey.

Can't see them getting 10 decent acts at this stage

Raekwondo wrote: »

I mean 10 stages to announce or add to.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Raekwondo wrote: »

I would seriously doubt that they are running around trying to sign up acts at this late stage - the longer it goes on, the more likely it is to be related to ATN.  Misguided strategy if true - they will have damaged their own brand more than ATN's.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Hozier making an EP return may be a good shout given his American Tour is starting mid September and it seems unusual to have announced no Irish dates? May also be likely given the hint at a big Irish act by Eoghan McDermott
    Sounds about right I noticed that alright he's off on the American tour in late Sept with a gap before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

tonto123 wrote: »
    Sounds about right I noticed that alright he's off on the American tour in late Sept with a gap before

if hozier is the big announcement i'm going to shoot myself in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

tonto123 wrote: »

if hozier is the big announcement i'm going to shoot myself in the face!
    Ha ha! He pulled a big crowd the last time at EP so the organisers might see it as a no-brainer.  Wouldn't mind if he is added but as long as he's not THE big act hinted at on 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's 2FM, it's Eoghan McDermott, it'll be some sh1te along those lines. Hozier, Gavin James, Picture This, etc.
    not my cup of tea, but people, especially people who listen to 2FM, love that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

I can imagine the FR team sitting down in the office everyday reading this and pissing themselves laughing..

After being at the picnic the last 5 years it’s the experience that makes the weekend and stumbling into a little trailer park and finding some little band having the craic with probably the biggest crowd they have ever played to feeling like rock stars for 45 minutes, meeting new faces recognising old ones from the year or 2 or 3 before and striking up a chat like we only talked last week

Walking through Hendrix looking at all the weekender refugees mangled together after staying up 3 days in a row drinking and doing whatever else and then there’s the music

And this forum I love it here the weeks running up to it….

Relax the craic is coming no matter what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

davew121 wrote: »
    I can imagine the FR team sitting down in the office everyday reading this and pissing themselves laughing..

After being at the picnic the last 5 years it’s the experience that makes the weekend and stumbling into a little trailer park and finding some little band having the craic with probably the biggest crowd they have ever played to feeling like rock stars for 45 minutes, meeting new faces recognising old ones from the year or 2 or 3 before and striking up a chat like we only talked last week

Walking through Hendrix looking at all the weekender refugees mangled together after staying up 3 days in a row drinking and doing whatever else and then there’s the music

And this forum I love it here the weeks running up to it….

Relax the craic is coming no matter what

agreed, im in the same camp when people are moaning,
    but i must say its killing the excitment for me.
    the lack of time to discover artists and swot up on them is the
    real thing thats piissing me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Emailed Festival republic last week - more just to sound off and get it off my chest. everyones pi$$ed off, no announcement, blah blah blah...wasnt expecting a reply at all, but got one;

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

I’m sorry to hear of your frustration at the release schedule of the festival announcements. It is not our intention to make you feel unheard.

Please be assured that there are still lots more acts left to be added to the line-up across music, comedy, theatre, literature and performance stages.

We encourage you to keep an eye on our website and social media channels for line-up announcements and updates over the coming weeks as we release more information.

Kind regards,

The Electric Picnic Team

its not your intention to make people unheard????? by ignoring everything that comes through their social media? very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That’s the “out of office” answer ,so to speak..!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

What did you ask exactly? Did you ask for main announcement or just more announcements in general? And did they sent you back an email that short?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

A barrage of similar emails is surely on its way now for the poor unfortunate running that responding account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We might get some of these, there is already some crossover in the lineup.

Boardmasters2018_Announce_WEBSITE_1200px%28w%29_Lily_Allen_%282%29.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Wonder if Something Happens will turn up in the Sunday heritage spot, they’d be a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wonder if Something Happens will turn up in the Sunday heritage spot, they’d be a good laugh.

Went to see them at ep a few years ago...they played a jammers tent in the afternoon. They warmed my soul

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

We might get some of these, there is already some crossover in the lineup.

Boardmasters2018_Announce_WEBSITE_1200px%28w%29_Lily_Allen_%282%29.jpg

Would love to see Catfish added. Really good live whenever I've had the chance to see them.

Didn’t Catfish play last year? Think they were on my clashfinder but didn’t get to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Didn’t Catfish play last year? Think they were on my clashfinder but didn’t get to them.

2016 I believe. They played longitude last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement