Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Craig david was excellent last year at glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Just sent a message to Andy from JAMES, there not playing. Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Would love to see Catfish added. Really good live whenever I've had the chance to see them.

Kano was class 2 years ago , be a great addition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Decent lineup there, there's a lot I'd take for EP. As has been said, Kano was great a few years ago. Ash are always good, would be interested to see what Audio Bullys are like these days. Feeder, Fun Lovin Criminals, Years and years, Annie Mac are all people I'd go see at a loose end, would fill out the lineup nicely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

davew121 wrote: »
    I can imagine the FR team sitting down in the office everyday reading this and pissing themselves laughing..

After being at the picnic the last 5 years it’s the experience that makes the weekend and stumbling into a little trailer park and finding some little band having the craic with probably the biggest crowd they have ever played to feeling like rock stars for 45 minutes, meeting new faces recognising old ones from the year or 2 or 3 before and striking up a chat like we only talked last week

Walking through Hendrix looking at all the weekender refugees mangled together after staying up 3 days in a row drinking and doing whatever else and then there’s the music

And this forum I love it here the weeks running up to it….

Relax the craic is coming no matter what

People used to say that about witness/oxygen that it was brilliant and was about the fun, not the bands.

And of course, witness was great fun. Until it wasn't. Then it really, really, wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Graham1978 wrote: »

**** ****ing ****ity **** ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Decent lineup there, there's a lot I'd take for EP. As has been said, Kano was great a few years ago. Ash are always good, would be interested to see what Audio Bullys are like these days. Feeder, Fun Lovin Criminals, Years and years, Annie Mac are all people I'd go see at a loose end, would fill out the lineup nicely.

I'd love that line up .....

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Graham1978 wrote: »

I could cry here reading that. They were my nailed on bet

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

thebusher wrote: »
    I could cry here reading that. They were my nailed on bet

No ..... As far as I know

His exact words. I really thought they were a certainty, would have been so good. And just perfect for the Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The only bands I'd imagine are nailed on are all the mediocre to truly god awful Irish acts we've been sticking the boot into for the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I'd love that line up .....

Annie mac in Japan the weekend of EP, feeder playing cool brttania the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    Massive Attack headliners both years. Rain confirmed.

Looking back at 2010 - God that's a lineup...

So was this in Scotland, quite a lot of crossover too, although we didn't get the LCD Soundsystem.

uk-0611-145844-front.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

We will have to guess our own lineup based on touring schedules. I’m guessing A-ha and Lily Allen. I’m wishing for Belly

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

On a completely unrelated topic, to cheer everyone up. Check out the 2nd album "88" by Dundalk artist Elephant. I cannot recommend it highly enough. His first album was good but this came out of nowhere, it is an absolute classic, shades of Late Roxy, Talk Talk, Bowie, multilayered brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Ricey92 wrote:
    Would love to see Catfish added. Really good live whenever I've had the chance to see them.

Would love catfish myself and kind of expecting them to be honest with all the festival's they've done this year.. it was 2016 last time they played, got chatting to some old Welsh lady in the crowd and it happened to be the lead singer mc canns aunt.. she ripped her wrist band off (different to ours) and gave it to me saying keep this as a souvenir for when catfish are massive haha.. someone else I would imagine got this wristband as I left it in a field in stradbally haha..

On another note I'd love Gerry cinnamon to play one of the tents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Peterd66 wrote: »
    On a completely unrelated topic, to cheer everyone up. Check out the 2nd album "88" by Dundalk artist Elephant. I cannot recommend it highly enough. His first album was good but this came out of nowhere, it is an absolute classic, shades of Late Roxy, Talk Talk, Bowie, multilayered brilliance.
    Played Body and Soul at EP a couple of years back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Ricey92 wrote: »

Grandmaster flash is a shoe in. Denmark on the friday and free until the 4th. I'd be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Coronas. Sat night. Leccy ‘rena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

So was this in Scotland, quite a lot of crossover too, although we didn't get the LCD Soundsystem.

uk-0611-145844-front.jpg

Would to see Ian Brown...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wooderson wrote: »
    Coronas. Sat night. Leccy ‘rena.

Trolling now!!

• Advertisement

👎

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Trolling now!!

How much you wanna bet guv.

Coronas after James Bay. Come at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    Went to see them at ep a few years ago...they played a jammers tent in the afternoon. They warmed my soul

Caught them at the Galway Arts Fest last week. Full of energy & sounded great. Special encore with Abba & Beatles covers and they seemed to be getting a big kick out of a small gig. Bring ‘em back!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

uk-0611-145844-front.jpg

Now that’s a lineup I think , loads of good stuff there

Hoping someone at the ep offices, will say **** it guys let's make today the day and put these poor souls out of their misery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

They'll have to take pity on us today surely.

erica74 wrote: »
    They'll have to take pity on us today surely.

Lol they won't though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

What time do the 3 tickets go on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Poorside wrote: »
    What time do the 3 tickets go on sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement