Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Na it's coming it's just taking forever and ever and ever and ever

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

They need to announce 40+ more acts to cover the main stages for the weekend, whether they do that in 1 or 2 more main announcements is up for debate. The delay is both baffling and frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not hard to claim insider knowledge on something that is very very likely to happen.

It is happening. Headlining Electric Arena on Sat night after James Bay opposite Massive Attack on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Wooderson wrote: »
    It is happening. Headlining Electric Arena on Sat night after James Bay opposite Massive Attack on the main stage.

Well that’s one clash not to worry about.

They need to announce 40+ more acts to cover the main stages for the weekend, whether they do that in 1 or 2 more main announcements is up for debate. The delay is both baffling and frustrating to say the least.

Ye your right in all you say... People were laughing at us over the last week or two for getting frustrated but I think if u have any interest in the music and going to see bands you would be disgusted by this delay... I can see both sides... My wife goes for the session doesn't care about the music so much.... But I love listening up on different acts from different genres, of course when the 31st of August comes I won't care. But for someone who has being going from the start, this leaves a very very sour taste....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Tickets still up on the 3 sale; must not be a huge demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tonto123 wrote: »
    Mad in Fairness how leak free fr can keep the whole god damn thing Il give them that, should be working with the secret service or summit... I don't think anyone really seems to have to have a clue who we are getting this year

It’s actually very impressive. UK festivals are leakier than the titanic. We had no idea what was going to be in the first announcement either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

The build up to the picnic has definitely taken a massive hit. I think anyway that the build up is a big part of the whole experience and building anticipation is what makes it so good. No doubt it will still be a fantastic weekend but like many people are saying it definitely comes across as laziness and lack of much regard for festival goers on FR’s part. Especially when their other festivals in the UK seem to have had quite a build up and extensive lineup.

The build up to the picnic has definitely taken a massive hit. I think anyway that he build up is a big part of the whole experience and building anticipation is what makes it so good. No doubt it will still be a fantastic weekend but like many people are saying it definitely comes across as laziness and lack of much regard for festival goers on FR’s part. Especially when their other festivals in the UK seem to have had quite a build up and extensive lineup.

Agree. Once upon a time there'd have been 3 main announcements by now with a 4th due in August. The drip feed of acts was a real buzz IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

What day is Kendrick playing do we know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

CWF wrote: »

Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Picture this, walking on cars, James bay and Coronas would definitely have me signing up for ATP next year. One of them up could live with (and avoid).

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Friday I think, MA Saturday and Nerd Sunday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Picture this, walking on cars, James bay and Coronas would definitely have me signing up for ATP next year. One of them up could live with (and avoid).

Peter

All Tomorrows Parties, I thought they went bust. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

We actually don't know as in 2015 florence was on the line up where kendrick is however she didn't play the Friday night, and in 2016 chemical brothers played the Friday but on the poster were on the right hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Friday I think, MA Saturday and Nerd Sunday.

Not that it makes much of a difference but I’d have thought it would have made more sense to put Nerd Friday, Kendrick Saturday and MA Sunday....just MA seemed like a Sunday slot act. I did notice as well that on the lineup poster unlike other years they just have the 3 headliners without the dates above their names so there is a possibility that which night each act is playing is yet to be finalized/announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Says presale snapped up when I login on three plus

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Says presale snapped up when I login on three plus

Yeah still able to select 2 via web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yeah still able to select 2 via web browser.

Would ya have a link and code? It’s not working on my login

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Would ya have a link and code? It’s not working on my login

It would have been sent in the text you received? But have PM'd you details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I already have my ticket but I’m trying to get a code from the 3 plus app so I can give it to someone here. How does it work? EP is listed under the Music & Presale tab but there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to get the code, is the sale over?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Well if they released the names of the ****ing bands that are playing at, what is after all a musical festival, that might help...

MadYaker wrote: »
    I already have my ticket but I’m trying to get a code from the 3 plus app so I can give it to someone here. How does it work? EP is listed under the Music & Presale tab but there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to get the code, is the sale over?

3 Plus sale is now closed on web browser and app.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

2fm play the picnic due to be announced today could be all we are getting.. .****ing hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

News on the site.

Dua Lipa and Jorja Smith have some songs.

I’m ready to forego kicking teenagers at EP and start kicking the Marketing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

This day 5 weeks we'll be watching 2 acts per stage per day, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

i presume the Red Bull Tropical Garden isnt happening this year? no mention of it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Davydeath wrote: »
    i presume the Red Bull Tropical Garden isnt happening this year? no mention of it anywhere.

Never seen an act at it but was my bar of choice for a cold alternative to cans. Would love to see RBMA back in the woods next year instead of Anachronica

haitens wrote: »
    2fm play the picnic due to be announced today could be all we are getting.. .****ing hope not

I'd admit defeat, its the hope that gets u, I'm sorry my Friend it won't be today unfortunately....

• Advertisement

Davydeath wrote: »

Was it there last year, can remember it the year before but I thought the dome was the red bull stage last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement