Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

tonto123 wrote: »
    I'd admit defeat, its the hope that gets u, I'm sorry my Friend it won't be today unfortunately....

They really are taking the mickey if we don't get an announcement of some sort today. Body and Soul would at least give the punters something to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

They really are taking the mickey if we don't get an announcement of some sort today. Body and Soul would at least give the punters something to explore.
    Jus think its a bit late on a Friday for it now, they were taking the mickey 2weeks ago now its just ignorant and bad form especially the nó replies about it to people on fb and twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I suggest you all buy tickets to knockanstockan to distract you from this debacle, that’s what I’ve done and I’m convinced it’s going to work out perfectly. Surely by the time I’ve sobered up some time on Tuesday EP will have put out a stellar announcement.

tonto123 wrote: »
    Jus think its a bit late on a Friday for it now, they were taking the mickey 2weeks ago now its just ignorant and bad form especially the nó replies about it to people on fb and twitter

Seems strange for them to release last of the tickets without any sort of marketing hype surrounding it. Very half arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Didn’t stop the tickets from selling though did it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

MadYaker wrote: »
    I suggest you all buy tickets to knockanstockan to distract you from this debacle, that’s what I’ve done and I’m convinced it’s going to work out perfectly. Surely by the time I’ve sobered up some time on Tuesday EP will have put out a stellar announcement.
    Good stuff, your dead right, if I wasnt tied down with life stuff :) I'd do the same, enjoy and hope u get the weather

MadYaker wrote: »
    Didn’t stop the tickets from selling though did it!

And therein lies the problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And therein lies the problem.....

They'll always sell, plenty of evidence in here that there's heaps of people go purely for the "sesh"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What we need is professional hackers to close their Facebook Page, Twitter and their website or mess it around, any professional hackers out there or if i was Laois County Council I would withdraw their licence until they usher forth some names.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

So now we can be pretty certain - the delay is timed to overshadow ATN.  Just when the coverage about ATN will start to crank up next week, EP will release their hounds.  It won't stop people buying tickets to ATN but it will mean that the average punter won't be focussed on ATN and will be talking about EP instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Play the Picnic to be announced at 3.30 :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I just think 5 weeks out and still no more names is a shambles. ATN or not, its just a joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

At least when the announcements of significance do start rolling in they’ll be coming in droves because realistically they won’t have left themselves any time to feed them out with huge time gaps in between so we’ll be spoilt over a short period of time I’m guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

It looks increasingly like the 2nd and 3rd main act announcements are going to be rolled into one. Absolute joke. Giving punters only a couple of weeks to discover and get interested in over half the acts is criminal. I don't know if it's poor planning or just apathy on the part of FR but either way it's not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

BigMo1 wrote: »
    It looks increasingly like the 2nd and 3rd main act announcements are going to be rolled into one. Absolute joke. Giving punters only a couple of weeks to discover and get interested in over half the acts is criminal. I don't know if it's poor planning or just apathy on the part of FR but either way it's not good!

If the quality of what they finally give us is decent I won’t mind them rolling it into one and telling us that’s what they’ve done. Don’t want a repeat of the current wait in a few weeks time though if and when we get announcement 2, to play the same waiting game for a possible and unconfirmed announcement 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

The quality should be decent given that they'll be rolled into one. Even based on the last couple of years where personally i thought the 2nd and 3rd announcements were a bit light... getting them altogether, there's bound to be loads of deadly acts in there.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

next week it is then.......

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Friday I think, MA Saturday and Nerd Sunday.

Prodigy are also playing on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

myxi wrote: »

Stop that

Saturday night I heard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

??

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I know we're all complaining now but when the announcement is (eventually) made, this thread will be awash with kickable youths...
    I can barely keep up with the thread as is!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

It looks increasingly like the 2nd and 3rd main act announcements are going to be rolled into one.

I'd have thought that was a given by now. Not enough time left for more than one big announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I'd have thought that was a given by now. Not enough time left for more than one big announcement.

I just hope the announcement isn't the same week as last year's 3rd announcement., which was the 18th IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

I just hope the announcement isn't the same week as last year's 3rd announcement., which was the 18th IIRC.

It's more likely with each passing day, but I suspect it'll be Monday or Tuesday next week to get the radio stations and social media hopping and dominating Indiependence and ATN's media coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

It's more likely with each passing day, but I suspect it'll be Monday or Tuesday next week to get the radio stations and social media hopping and dominating Indiependence and ATN's media coverage.

Yeah doesn't have to be a Friday I suppose. Reckon best way of dominating media coverage is to release 10 acts or so everyday next week along with B&S or OV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Spot the newbies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Spot the newbies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

davew121 wrote: »
    Spot the newbies.....

Says the person who accidentally posts twice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

haitens wrote: »
    Stop that

Definitely Sunday my friend works on their stage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement