Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

roly123 wrote: »
    Says the person who accidentally posts twice...

accidentally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

myxi wrote: »
    Definitely Sunday my friend works on their stage!

I’ll hunt you down if this is a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Poorside wrote: »

Announcing the lineup on a Sunday, sounds dubious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They are marked down for Home festival in Italy on day 2 on 1st September, there could be something there. :D

Edit: I'm checking their official site and the tour dates tab, but its not loading at all, so perhaps they might be updating, hopefully anyway, although it would be odd having the dance act on Sunday night rather than Friday or Saturday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Seen them a good few times but would be delighted if that's true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I know we're all complaining now but when the announcement is (eventually) made, this thread will be awash with kickable youths...
    I can barely keep up with the thread as is!

For sure! Inside I'm cursing the whole lot of festival republic, ticketmaster, stradbally, everyone is getting thrown in the fire pit but, once there's an announcement, it'll be all love again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

“The wait is nearly over, plenty of announcements in the coming days.” https://instagram.com/p/BlvgJg0lvPQ/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Anyone else just join the mailing list on prodigys website in case they announce something?

BigMo1 wrote: »
    “The wait is nearly over, plenty of announcements in the coming days.” https://instagram.com/p/BlvgJg0lvPQ/

Loike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Announcement about the announcement is finally here!!! ...Kind of because they don't actually give a day....

• Advertisement

At least it's something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

1. They've at least acknowledged that this requires "a wait is nearly over"
    2. The "coming days" is literally the rest of time. Not specific enough to get hyped about yet.

Link doesn't work anymore strangely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

It's still working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

It’s still up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Link still works for me. Maybe they’ve sorted whatever issue was holding them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What do you mean he works on their stage? Is he part of their crew? I’d be delighted if this was true. But they’d have to be a headliner surely last on the main stage on Sunday? After Kendrick they’d be the biggest name on the lineup so I don’t think a tent would work.

MadYaker wrote: »
    What do you mean he works on their stage? Is he part of their crew? I’d be delighted if this was true. But they’d have to be a headliner surely last on the main stage on Sunday? After Kendrick they’d be the biggest name on the lineup so I don’t think a tent would work.

I think there is such things as after-Headliners though, like what Underworld was doing and Disclosure after Bjork in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I’d be surprised if it was them, last few years have had acts with a very broad appeal on the Sunday evening, prodigy are not that.

Can't see it. We've had people claim insider knowledge before in the past few years and they're usually proven wrong fairly quickly. It'd be a very big change of policy for EP to unleash a potential headliner 4 weeks out from the festival. No question the Irish acts being touted will be in the announcement - they're easy bookings, people will have heard through friends of the band etc, and we're not lucky enough to avoid them, but a band like The Prodigy, I just don't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Can't see it. We've had people claim insider knowledge before in the past few years and they're usually proven wrong fairly quickly. It'd be a very big change of policy for EP to unleash a potential headliner 4 weeks out from the festival. No question the Irish acts being touted will be in the announcement - they're easy bookings, people will have heard through friends of the band etc, and we're not lucky enough to avoid them, but a band like The Prodigy, I just don't believe it.

The Irish acts for sure. Some of whom FR may not have been able to announce due to them playing the Galway Arts Fest. But it’s in the interests of FR to splurge some cash this year, and lessen their profits, to ensure the brand remains strong for the next few years. So I’d expect a couple of biggish international names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Irish acts for sure. Some of whom FR may not have been able to announce due to them playing the Galway Arts Fest. But it’s in the interests of FR to splurge some cash this year, and lessen their profits, to ensure the brand remains strong for the next few years. So I’d expect a couple of biggish international names.

Plus the prodigy wouldn’t be all that much bigger than noel gallagher elbow or blur who were 2nd announcements in the last few years

Blur were only the second announcement in so much as The Killers were the year they were added after the initial announcement. EP made the initial announcement for 2015 specifically showing that only two headliners had been announced, clearly the third simply hadn't been finalised. This is entirely different from that situation. Also, while Elbow might be bigger than The Prodigy (debatable), The Prodigy are more popular than Massive Attack or NERD. That's just a fact. They won't be added as subheadliners to smaller acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

BadTurtle wrote: »

I was told a few months ago that Prodigy were playing and reiterated from same person a number of times since then. I said a few times on here that was the case. I've no reason to doubt this person who is close to the festival circuit. My understanding is they are playing the Saturday.

Well if it's true great news. If it's a windup you get to fire abuse at them, it's win win

I'd be happy with them, in my opinion that'd be the 4 best top of the bill acts they've ever booked, which would make up somewhat for the weakest undercard they've ever had. But again, I just don't believe it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I had no idea turtles were so pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone know roughly what time taxis are available outside until when the festival closes at night time?

Half thinking of selling our pink moon and getting accommodation somewhere if possible. Not sure what to do though. In 2 minds at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Poorside wrote: »

I’ll be hunting my friend down if it’s a wind up! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly what time taxis are available outside until when the festival closes at night time?

Half thinking of selling our pink moon and getting accommodation somewhere if possible. Not sure what to do though. In 2 minds at the mo.

Taxis available 24 hours but you usually have to walk the 15 mins into Stradbally. You also need to book them as there are a hell of a lot of people around the village trying to grab them at 2/3am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement