Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Dunno about the ultimate as regards suitability for the crowd but reckon Festival Republic have a duty to book the greatest Irish artist of contemporary times in Van Morrison at some stage.

With a stipulation to play Astral Weeks in it's entirety obviously.

I did enjoy the updated version of Gloria rolled out by Touts this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Van would be great. Would he headline. He definitely could, but I think he'd be better during the day on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

MadYaker wrote: »
    Van would be great. Would he headline. He definitely could, but I think he'd be better during the day on the main stage.

that'd get rid of the teenagers!
    but who to kick then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The stone roses for me. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Have always wanted to see The Sugarcubes. Am a big fan of Bjork's solo stuff but the best for me is when she was with Einar & co. She's not one for looking back but the band did a reunion gig in Reykjavik in 2006. So I live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I can see The National headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I can see The National headlining

I think it'll all depend on the length of their Summer tour. Rumoured to headline Primavera so that makes Forbidden Fruit or a standalone gig more probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Radiohead:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Radiohead:D:D

Did we not agree that this was a bannable offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Did we not agree that this was a bannable offence?

I agree I'll get my coat, what the hell am I doing here, I don't belong here......:rolleyes:

Sorry im going to send poor scruff into overdrive! Does anyone know his address to check if he's ok:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Can we please drop this idea... The guy is a cnut.

Edit: OK, that was a bit strong, but I'm gonna leave it cos it's more or less true.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Edit: OK, that was a bit strong, but I'm gonna leave it cos it's more or less true.

Surely his cantankerous nature almost precedes the music? Making it my business to watch a live concert at the w/end!

For me the most obvious headliner that has never played EP has to be Depeche Mode.

Others would be... An Cheann Raidió, QOTSA, Paul Weller, Bran Van 3000(maybe not quite headliners)... I'm drunk, that's all I can think of.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Surely his cantankerous nature almost precedes the music? Making it my business to watch a live concert at the w/end!

Regardless , I just don't want any more of my money going to that person... I dislike him intensely. But if he's on the agenda I will sigh and go along and enjoy the tunes and his band is always excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Paleblood wrote: »
    My ideal Picnic headliners would be most of the headliners that have already played there since 2004, only this time I wouldn't be off my face in the woods or rolling around outside the dance tent.

I've no regrets as such, they were all fantastic memories (that I can't remember), but looking back on the bands I missed makes me shudder.

Oh god me too...

I thought I read on this that a poster had said the national were booked for forbidden fruit, I'm obviously loosing my marbles

I agree but we had people asking for Morrisey a few pages back. Who's the bigger c*nt? I'm not sure :pac:

While were on the topic of c*nts Liam Gallagher will almost surely be on the bill somewhere. Ye somehow managed to avoid him this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I saw Van at Fleadh Mor in Tramore Racecourse in 1993 and he just didn't seem to be into the gig, a lifeless performance, Bob Dylan put on a much better show than him at the festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Bob Dylan, van Morrison.... 2 acts I wouldn't wanna see less at EP.

That Van Morrison gig in belfast last year(?) was apparently epic though.

I agree but we had people asking for Morrisey a few pages back. Who's the bigger c*nt? I'm not sure :pac:

While were on the topic of c*nts Liam Gallagher will almost surely be on the bill somewhere. Ye somehow managed to avoid him this year.

Morrissey is a way bigger **** of late than Van Morrison or else I must be missing something. Epitome of the 'yer Da' zeitgeist only worse.

• Advertisement

We're not planning on meeting them for scoops, lads. Both would be massive additions to the bill.

I'd imagine The National will be one of the headliners.

I didn't watch them at glasto this year but apparently they were dull. I don't know if that was a once off. I like a few of their tunes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they were good at Glastonbury, and most thought it was a pretty good performance, but not up to their usual excellent standards, especially with 4 brand new songs in their set and playing in the daylight to a crowd half-waiting for Foo Fighters. they certainly weren't dull though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Stillill42 wrote: »
    We're not planning on meeting them for scoops, lads. Both would be massive additions to the bill.

I've seen both and they are number 1 and number 2 on my list of worst gigs ever.

Love their music, but god, they are both shocking live. (In my experience)

Kendrick Lamar announced a gig in the 3 Arena in Feb this morning. That surely makes a picnic slot less likely although maybe not impossible? It's a long way from February to September.

Kendrick Lamar announced a gig in the 3 Arena in Feb this morning. That surely makes a picnic slot less likely although maybe not impossible? It's a long way from February to September.

Yip this was my initial reaction but nice start to 2018 gigging all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lots of bands play here in spring then at EP. it used to be the case that loads of acts that playing high up at EP had done a 3Arena gig about 6 months before.

probably depends on what his summer tour plans are, wouldn't be surprised if he's booked to headline R&L and he's in the area for EP, but we don't often get many acts from there, despite lots of them being suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

endainoz wrote: »
    Forums gone a bit quiet, maybe that's because the picnic is nearly a whole year away. Anyone want to play a game?

What's your ultimate band, past or present youd think would suit the picnic crowd?

Mine has to be Pink Floyd. Imagine hearing Gilmore do the solo from comfortably numb live? Or seeing a big walk getting knocked? Who dosent love a bit of destruction!?

My ultimate would be Pearl Jam and it's been 7 years since any gig here so not totally impossible...
    Only thing is an hour and a half wouldn't be long enough, I'd want a much longer set!

Stillill42 wrote: »

I've seen both and they are number 1 and number 2 on my list of worst gigs ever.

Love their music, but god, they are both shocking live. (In my experience)
    Very harsh. I've seen Moz a load of times and he almost always delivers. It's all about the setlist with him. In a festival setting, I think he'd give us what we want.

• Advertisement

...and sure if he doesn't, we always have these Charming Men.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement