Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Taxis available 24 hours but you usually have to walk the 15 mins into Stradbally. You also need to book them as there are a hell of a lot of people around the village trying to grab them at 2/3am.

Ah ok. That wouldn't be too bad. Just trying to figure out what to do. Few people have pulled out of our group so thinking of selling the pink moon and staying in a hotel even one of the nights and either taxi or ill drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

andreac wrote: »
    Ah ok. That wouldn't be too bad. Just trying to figure out what to do. Few people have pulled out of our group so thinking of selling the pink moon and staying in a hotel even one of the nights and either taxi or ill drive.

Think of the craic in the mornings though, nothing like waking up, grabbing a can and getting straight into it.

Poorside wrote: »
    Think of the craic in the mornings though, nothing like waking up, grabbing a can and getting straight into it.

I'm thinking of maybe just camping the one night and hotel one night and head home on the sun when it's over. Camp site is great craic but at the mo it's just me and my brother unless we can find more people to go ha ha.

I'm thinking of maybe just camping the one night and hotel one night and head home on the sun when it's over. Camp site is great craic but at the mo it's just me and my brother unless we can find more people to go ha ha.

Why don’t you try the Kip n go thing so, tent setup and taken down, think it’s in a quieter site as well.

Poorside wrote: »
    Why don’t you try the Kip n go thing so, tent setup and taken down, think it’s in a quieter site as well.

Yeah I was actually looking at that. If we decide to sell pink moon I think we'll get one of those and then maybe accommodation one of the nights if we can. Just trying to work it all out. 600 is a lot to spend on a tent between 2 people so if we can't get people to share we will prob sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Ah that's a pity, it's really shite when people bail at the last minute, especially something like a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Anyone know roughly what time taxis are available outside until when the festival closes at night time?

Half thinking of selling our pink moon and getting accommodation somewhere if possible. Not sure what to do though. In 2 minds at the mo.

If your staying in Portlaoise,Martleys do a shuttle bus ,that leaves on the hour till 4am,I think,they pickup outside the train station as well,really handy it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I had no idea turtles were so pessimistic.

Only the bad ones

If your staying in Portlaoise,Martleys do a shuttle bus ,that leaves on the hour till 4am,I think,they pickup outside the train station as well,really handy it is

Thanks a mill. A lot of the hotels seem to only have a 3 night stay over that weekend so I need to double Check if it's possible to try get one or 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks a mill. A lot of the hotels seem to only have a 3 night stay over that weekend so I need to double Check if it's possible to try get one or 2 nights.

I’ve stayed in Athy before, cheapish (price hike) & bland B&B where sharing a room with a pal meant it was approx €135 each for the three nights. Taxi took 15 mins to Stradbally & cost €20 each way. Often others around to share costs.

Thus less than €200 for the weekend and cost of breakfast saved. At the festival that’s roughly €10 every morning. And having your own shower is pleasant. Still prefer camping though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was told a few months ago that Prodigy were playing and reiterated from same person a number of times since then. I said a few times on here that was the case. I've no reason to doubt this person who is close to the festival circuit. My understanding is they are playing the Saturday.

So maybe its Friday they play Home Festival, thats listed as 31st Aug 1st Sept, although in the Prodigy's Facebook page its listed as day 2, the Saturday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Anyone know roughly what time taxis are available outside until when the festival closes at night time?

Half thinking of selling our pink moon and getting accommodation somewhere if possible. Not sure what to do though. In 2 minds at the mo.

If staying in portlaoise markets coaches run every half hour until 4am €5 each way. Excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Mucker46 wrote: »
    If staying in portlaoise markets coaches run every half hour until 4am €5 each way. Excellent service

Martleys not markets

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

So maybe its Friday they play Home Festival, thats listed as 31st Aug 1st Sept, although in the Prodigy's Facebook page its listed as day 2, the Saturday.

Friday on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Think of the cottonmouth we'll be experiencing exactly 5 weeks from now after overestimating our alcohol tolerance levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I’m camping at the minute, hope we don’t have night like last night, tent and gazebos will be flying everywhere. Nuts how quick the weather can change.

Think of the cottonmouth we'll be experiencing exactly 5 weeks from now after overestimating our alcohol tolerance levels.

I can hear the crack and hiss of cans already

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

erica74 wrote: »
    :pac:

Keeping it PG this early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Bryan Ferry and band were sensational last night in Trinity, albeit in the weirdest and wildest of conditions.

He's at Standon Calling tomorrow then the next leg of his tour kicks off in Croatia on September 5th.

Last night's show would be perfect for the Electric Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Try bnb in abbeyleix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bryan Ferry and band were sensational last night in Trinity, albeit in the weirdest and wildest of conditions.

He's at Standon Calling tomorrow then the next leg of his tour kicks off in Croatia on September 5th.

Last night's show would be perfect for the Electric Arena.

Good to hear. Would love him back at EP anytime. Caught his set st Glasto a few years back and far superior to Roxy’s one at EP in 2010. Wish I’d made the trip up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I’m camping at the minute, hope we don’t have night like last night, tent and gazebos will be flying everywhere. Nuts how quick the weather can change.

Are you at Knockanstockan.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Are you at Knockanstockan.

No down camping with the kids in Redcross . One festival a year is enough for me

I suddenly just got very excited:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Too much information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looking at who's playing R&L the weekend before, Electric Fields the same weekend, and Festival No 6 the weekend after, I could see a few of these being added as they have free dates:

Leftfield (free Friday only)
    The Horrors
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Everything Everything (playing Indiependence next week, but gap for the whole EP weekend)
    Death From Above
    Gaz Coombes

hoping for Slowdive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

looking at who's playing R&L the weekend before, Electric Fields the same weekend, and Festival No 6 the weekend after, I could see a few of these being added as they have free dates:

The Horrors
    Everything Everything (playing Indiependence next week, but gap for the whole EP weekend)
    Death From Above
    Gaz Coombes

hoping for Slowdive too.

Would love to see PSB missed them last year

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Slowdive would make up for the late announcement BS. Fantastic live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The Horrors
    Death From Above
    Gaz Coombes

hoping for Slowdive too.

Slowdive and PSB and I'd be happy 😊

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement