Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Death from Above, Leftfield and Gaz would make it an A lineup for me

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Two or three of these be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Just got the Loowatt eco camp email. Early birds sold out but they weren't much cheaper anyway. €15 each, same as last year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Just got the Loowatt eco camp email. Early birds sold out but they weren't much cheaper anyway. €15 each, same as last year I think.

When I saw the 13.50 price I got them straight away, I've saved enough for nearly a quarter of a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was at caribou last night in Galway

He was unreal. Gone past caring now about what’s announced. Put me in a tent sipping beers with my friends and I’m at my happiest. It’s going to be an amazing weekend regardless

Unless gavin James is announced of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »

He was unreal. Gone past caring now about what’s announced. Put me in a tent sipping beers with my friends and I’m at my happiest. It’s going to be an amazing weekend regardless

Wasn't he fab? And finishing with Odessa, Can't Do Without You & Sun was as good as it gets. I thought the Flaming Lips on Thursday night were even better. They've cut out all the delays between tracks, wall to wall excellent setlist and the crowd were going mental.

Both perfect for a return to EP, but alas both were Irish exclusives. 2019 please EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Missed both shows sadly but they're both loooong overdue for an EP return next year.

Flaming Lips strike me as an ideal EP band but it never seems to happen!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'll never forget their witnness gig in 03, where they were moved up the bill after Jack White broke his hand. They were brilliant that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'll never forget their witnness gig in 03, where they were moved up the bill after Jack White broke his hand. They were brilliant that day.

Those were the days, heartbroken in Fairness when the white stripes pulled out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Missed both shows sadly but they're both loooong overdue for an EP return next year.

Flaming Lips strike me as an ideal EP band but it never seems to happen!

Played in 2005 and again in 2010 I think. First time great, second was pretty flat with a lot of messing about between songs. Back on form now.

• Advertisement

Wasn't 2010 anyway, maybe 2009.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Any chance we'd get Richard Hawley?
    That might make up for no JAMES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Richard Hawley would be lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

So how many/what announcements this week? Going with 2, main arena late in week and salty dog or other voices mid week. What you think?

hard predict anything at this stage to be honest with the way theyv been acting... but surely a couple of decent ones this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »

He sounded amazing last night, didn't have dosh for gig but was on my way to the Commercial Boat Club in Woodquay for the Zion Train reggae set and sat outside listening to Caribou's gig, the sound from across the water from the Big Top was amazing was boogeying to Odessa too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Long time lurker and didn't want to say anything because I'm sure nobody really cares...but new Panic! at the Disco stuff was played just there on 2fm. Which is odd. Bf let me know because I've been holding out hope for a Picnic appearance at least...they're co-headlining with Kendrick at Reading and Leeds. It's definitely one to tick off my teenage bucket list. They have no European dates up yet and in a live stream mentioned issues with contracts.

I know by that logic though at this stage anyone and everyone could end up at it! It's why we're all going mad.

MsMojave wrote: »
    Long time lurker and didn't want to say anything because I'm sure nobody really cares...but new Panic! at the Disco stuff was played just there on 2fm. Which is odd. Bf let me know because I've been holding out hope for a Picnic appearance at least...they're co-headlining with Kendrick at Reading and Leeds. It's definitely one to tick off my teenage bucket list. They have no European dates up yet and in a live stream mentioned issues with contracts.

I know by that logic though at this stage anyone and everyone could end up at it! It's why we're all going mad.
    you just never know who electric picnic will throw at ya when it comes to lineup from christy moore to fatboyslim, bjork , kendrick lemar so u have hope miss angelica

• Registered Users Posts: 11 namejeff128

Ep Playlist with a little bit of every artist in it.
    Will update as new acts are announced , good to find who suits your taste and dive in from there.
    Made it for me and my mates but said id share it here too!
    https://open.spotify.com/user/daviddonohue188/playlist/4iWyKrLSpsnNgHMguljXWE?si=Xmc6H5g0RdOEFcPHOOhRtw

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Poor old Camp Bestival cancelled today due to shocking weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Wasn't he fab? And finishing with Odessa, Can't Do Without You & Sun was as good as it gets. I thought the Flaming Lips on Thursday night were even better. They've cut out all the delays between tracks, wall to wall excellent setlist and the crowd were going mental.

Both perfect for a return to EP, but alas both were Irish exclusives. 2019 please EP.

Yeah he was unreal. Great crowd too. My first time at a gig there! Really nice set up!

Yeah, there seems to be an unwritten rule on certain genres and sub genres that they just don't book - metal is one that never gets a look in, emo is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yeah, there seems to be an unwritten rule on certain genres and sub genres that they just don't book - metal is one that never gets a look in, emo is another.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Poor old Camp Bestival cancelled today due to shocking weather

That's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

Any campervan EP’ers out there this evening? First time attending with a campervan - any hints? What time should I arrive? Are there better spots than others? Is there plenty of room (for awnings/gazebo’s etc) or is it quite tight? How long to walk to the main stage? Is it pretty quiet at night?
    All advice/hints gratefully received.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was on holidays for the last week but kept an eye on this thread, really thought we would get something in the last week. The frustration is clear to see from a lot of people, for me personally it is all about the quality of the announcement, if they have some good acts in the announcement it will make it all worthwhile, if it is a weak announcement it is going to backfire spectacularly and people will rightfully give out stink. I think we will get the main announcement and one smaller announcement this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Was on holidays for the last week but kept an eye on this thread, really thought we would get something in the last week. The frustration is clear to see from a lot of people, for me personally it is all about the quality of the announcement, if they have some good acts in the announcement it will make it all worthwhile, if it is a weak announcement it is going to backfire spectacularly and people will rightfully give out stink. I think we will get the main announcement and one smaller announcement this week.

If it’s a very strong announcement most people will be happy, but a good announcement for me might be shîte for a lot of other people.
    If it was Sonic Youth, Pixies,Weller, My bloody valentine, I’d be over the moon, most people on Facebook would probably be well annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

It's a long long trek book yourself a storage box , (gig lockers)there located just outside arena area . Leave your cans , coats in the box to save walking all the way back for supplys.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Major Dad wrote:
    Any campervan EP’ers out there this evening? First time attending with a campervan - any hints? What time should I arrive? Are there better spots than others? Is there plenty of room (for awnings/gazebo’s etc) or is it quite tight? How long to walk to the main stage? Is it pretty quiet at night? All advice/hints gratefully received. Cheers

Takes maybe 10min leisurely stroll from the furthest corner on the campervan site to arena gates. We usually get there around 10am on friday in a convoy of three. Youll be directed to the nearest empty spot after the security check. The marshal the last few years asked if we had awning/gazebo and let us have room to pitch. Its quiet enough but youll get the odd car running first yhing in the morning for charging batteries. Toilets are clean enough also. Bring lots of ice packs for the beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Major Dad wrote:
    Any campervan EP’ers out there this evening? First time attending with a campervan - any hints? What time should I arrive? Are there better spots than others? Is there plenty of room (for awnings/gazebo’s etc) or is it quite tight? How long to walk to the main stage? Is it pretty quiet at night? All advice/hints gratefully received. Cheers

If you have the day off Friday you can actually head down Thursday evening into the camper field, otherwise head down as soon as you can. The later you arrive, the further back from the main arena you will be located but it doesn't make that much of a difference.
    There is nothing open on the Thursday night so have eaten or have something to make in the van, you can't get your wristbands until Friday am.
    The toilets in the campervan area are not great, I don't think they get cleaned once they are setup and come Sunday they can be rotten. Ditto with the waste area. You will need hand sanitizer and loo roll.
    Once you arrive security will do a quick search of your van, normally really looking for glass bottles but have seen them quite thorough. Then you'll be pointed to the next available spot but it is a but up to you how much space you leave to the van beside you. Sometimes the Marshall's are very good, other times they are completely useless so a bit of a lucky dip.
    A crate or mat is useful to keep at the van door for wet shoes and wellies or you can soon end up with the van interior destroyed.
    Walk isn't too bad, few ways you can go so check them all out to keep it varied. Make friends with your neighbours, was a few people broken into last year I recall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement