Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Good

I'd like some of the more obscure metal sub genres to get a shot, I don't think bands like Deafheaven or Sunn O))) would be out of place or lost in the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see that YNOT festival got extreme weathers today as well apparently Jamiroquai's set got rained off, just seen a comment in Efestivals there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I see that YNOT festival got extreme weathers today as well apparently Jamiroquai's set got rained off, just seen a comment in Efestivals there.

They would have been a good addition, in the states on the 2nd though so can’t see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Good

I'd like some of the more obscure metal sub genres to get a shot, I don't think bands like Deafheaven or Sunn O))) would be out of place or lost in the lineup.
    Deafheaven are superb; weird but superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Major Dad wrote: »
    Any campervan EP’ers out there this evening? First time attending with a campervan - any hints? What time should I arrive? Are there better spots than others? Is there plenty of room (for awnings/gazebo’s etc) or is it quite tight? How long to walk to the main stage? Is it pretty quiet at night?
    All advice/hints gratefully received.
    Cheers

I usually head down late on Thursday, arriving somewhere between midnight & 2am & always seem to get set up about half way up the first campervan field at that stage. There’s a second field with a bank of toilets that always seem to be a bit better looked after than the main lot. I think this may be down to the main bank being beside the campsite so a lot of tent dwellers would use them too.
    There’s usually plenty of room around the van, it never feels cramped but as has been said, it depends on the attendant who’ll guide you in to some extent. I’d avoid parking next to the walkway or the fence if you can, one is noisy & the other tends to be a urinal!
    It’s no huge distance in to the arena but you’re right at the back of the campsites so I would’ve said about 20 mins of a stroll. As mentioned, get yourself a gig locker for wet weather gear & your cans for after bars close. They’re only about €25 for the weekend & they’re big enough for about 4 people to put their stuff in.
    Thursday night tends to be quiet but I missed last year when the other campsites were open early so dunno how that affected it. There’s a bit of stage activity in the woods on the Thursday night this year so hopefully will be a bit of craic between there & the campsites.
    No other advice really except introduce yourself to all the neighbours & enjoy! There’s a great feeling of smugness by Saturday morning when you leave your comfortable bed, have your cooked breakfast in the van & then saunter into Beirut to see the conditions for the campers! (I’ve been that soldier many times & couldn’t go back now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Was hoping for ages they’d be added too but saw a while back that they’re in the states :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

When was the last time Jamiroquai played Ireland, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

Thanks for all the campervan advice. One last question - a security check was mentioned. What are the security crew checking for? Are there certain things that you’re not allowed in the van?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

BadTurtle wrote: »
    When was the last time Jamiroquai played Ireland, does anyone know?

They were here in 2005 at the Point when touring the Dynamite album.

Seems last night to have been a bit of a kerfuffle between the band and the organisers of that festival, the latter saying it was Jamiroquai who walked off and weren't ordered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder whats in store for today, some announcements or just zilch. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Guys anyone recommend ticket source. I'm looking for 2 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Where are these gig lockers located??? I normally camp at the back of Joplin walk was a killer last year but I do like the quiet when getting some sleep.

haitens wrote: »
    Where are these gig lockers located??? I normally camp at the back of Joplin walk was a killer last year but I do like the quiet when getting some sleep.

Close to the entrance in the Hendrix campsite.

Toutless

Yeah posted there seems the one for sale are all gone. Hopefully something turns up

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Adverts or toutless with the latter being the preferred option. Don't buy emailed tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TootsMeGoots

Hi folks,can anybody shed some light on the 17k run for Tour De Picnic? Trying to make plans of where to leave cars, arrange lifts etc but the Giv2Go website has very limited info. Thanks a mill!

declanleo wrote: »
    Adverts or toutless with the latter being the preferred option. Don't buy emailed tickets

Yeah I wouldn't touch e tickets. I'm hoping toutless yields a response

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

give it another two weeks and there will be plenty on toutless..... especially if we are still waiting a main announcement! ;)

Yeah I wouldn't touch e tickets. I'm hoping toutless yields a response

I got 2 hard copies on adverts for face value last year. Plenty floating about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Takes maybe 10min leisurely stroll from the furthest corner on the campervan site to arena gates. We usually get there around 10am on friday in a convoy of three. Youll be directed to the nearest empty spot after the security check. The marshal the last few years asked if we had awning/gazebo and let us have room to pitch. Its quiet enough but youll get the odd car running first yhing in the morning for charging batteries. Toilets are clean enough also. Bring lots of ice packs for the beer

You must have a very long stride ... there is no way you will get between those 2 points in 10 minutes .. more like 15 - 18

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632

According to this 16 mins from campervan park to main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

eplady2017 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632

According to this 16 mins from campervan park to main stage.

Not a hope.

This graph is BS, uses "as the crow flies" approach... nonsense. Doesn't take into account crowds, paths or searches at main arena ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Would it possible to include approximate walking times in the app this year? Or is that asking way too much for something that's free?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not a hope.

This graph is BS, uses "as the crow flies" approach... nonsense.

also graph does not take into account the thousands of walking dead that need to be dealt with when travelling between two points.

also graph does not take into account the thousands of walking dead that need to be dealt with when travelling between two points.

Or stopping to kick teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Working on the assumption that the main announcement will be Friday I hope we get something like Body and Soul earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Or stopping to kick teenagers

I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the aforementioned activity was solely to occur during the performance by TCM.

Random bouts of it degrades the worth of such a hobby and reduces it to mere violence for the sake of itself rather than a semi ironic performance art piece which elevates itself above mere fisticuffs by its intersection with the music.

For example, slapping the chops off some spotty adolescent to the tune of hand in glove is a pasttime the thought of which rings little bells in my tummy but I have zero interest in it at any other point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the aforementioned activity was solely to occur during the performance by TCM.

Random bouts of it degrades the worth of such a hobby and reduces it to mere violence for the sake of itself rather than a semi ironic performance art piece which elevates itself above mere fisticuffs by its intersection with the music.

Burn the Hippy!

• Advertisement

For example, slapping the chops off some spotty adolescent to the tune of hand in glove is a pasttime the thought of which rings little bells in my tummy but I have zero interest in it at any other point

Sometimes, you just see a teenager that needs a good size 12 up the hoop. What's a guy to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement