Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sometimes, you just see a teenager that needs a good size 12 up the hoop. What's a guy to do?

Inform the nearest member of the constabulary that the youth has referred to them in terms of them being a country matter and that the honour of their mother has been impugned also.

Hence, retire to near bench with popcorn and a cold beverage and await the entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the aforementioned activity was solely to occur during the performance by TCM.

Random bouts of it degrades the worth of such a hobby and reduces it to mere violence for the sake of itself rather than a semi ironic performance art piece which elevates itself above mere fisticuffs by its intersection with the music.

For example, slapping the chops off some spotty adolescent to the tune of hand in glove is a pasttime the thought of which rings little bells in my tummy but I have zero interest in it at any other point

What if they are playing in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    What if they are playing in your head?

1. Turn off walkman / iPod / Phone
    2. If situation persists, see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interesting graph.

I still can’t find the other voices stage in the forrest :(

It’s between Salty dog and trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Working on the assumption that the main announcement will be Friday I hope we get something like Body and Soul earlier in the week.
    I asked B&S on facebook and they said it will be "very soon", so i'm hoping it will be this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

I asked B&S on facebook and they said it will be "very soon", so i'm hoping it will be this week.

very soon, they are getting as bad as ep, heads up their holes in fairness, give people a straight answer like..

tonto123 wrote: »
    very soon, they are getting as bad as ep, heads up their holes in fairness, give people a straight answer like..
    I presume that they've handed in their lineup to EP HQ, and don't have any control over it now until EP decide it's time to release it, so they probably don't know exactly themselves...

I presume that they've handed in their lineup to EP HQ, and don't have any control over it now until EP decide it's time to release it, so they probably don't know exactly themselves...

fair point my friend, fair point... im just frustrated at this stage! hopefully we get something soon! on a positive note its gonna be an exciting few weeks now..

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

They probably havent been told when they can anmounce

another food announcement just announced :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

€120 euro for a "fine dining experience". What a load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Jesus wept...when (if) announcements come they better be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Electric Arena or Rankins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ricey92 wrote: »
    €120 euro for a "fine dining experience". What a load of ****e.

Ah tbf, it is a fundraiser for Pieta House and Temple Street. At least the money is going to a good cause!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I suppose they didn't specify that the announcements would involved music - we can probably expect an announcement about the brand of bog roll they'll be using in the portaloos next...

ricerocket wrote: »
    I suppose they didn't specify that the announcements would involved music - we can probably expect an announcement about the brand of bog roll they'll be using in the portaloos next...

for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Decided over the weekend that this will be my last 12th and last EP.  Can't say that it's 100% because of the faffing around with announcements but its certainly a factor.  Just get the sense that the organisers don't really value the goodwill that had been built up over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Ah tbf, it is a fundraiser for Pieta House and Temple Street. At least the money is going to a good cause!!

True, but still, its not a music announcement so its ****e haha

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Ricey92 wrote: »
    True, but still, its not a music announcement so its ****e haha

Oi Oi

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Not EP related but as I am fed up with negative vibes maaaan ( watched Kellys heroes yesterday !)
    There are 4 festivals at least on next weekend  Castlepalooza, Beatyard, Indiependence & All Together Now ( I think of The Farm song every time ...) 
    - where is everyone headed ?
    Beatyard was really tempting this year with their lineup for me but I'm off to Castlepalooza in Tullamore - a great small festival, the lineup is very much unknown but its always really good and its where I've discovered a lot of great Irish music over the years.
    KKC a few years ago as a prime example.( wasn't sure was i hallucinating when I saw Boxhead for the first time...!!)

Everyone have fun wherever you go...and then back to EP

• Advertisement

the picnic doing these announcements a disserevice , much like the play the picnic, what a letdown for these young bands that their announcment is met with a 1000 groans on social media because not even half the lineup is announced and thats all people wanted to hear about.... same with this charity drive might not be nice to hear but would have been best off announced after the lineup to stop the groans from the frustrated masses... but the picnic instead are using them as a distraction to delay the lkineup even more.. crazy carry on... very very poor form on this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Decided over the weekend that this will be my last 12th and last EP.  Can't say that it's 100% because of the faffing around with announcements but its certainly a factor.  Just get the sense that the organisers don't really value the goodwill that had been built up over the years.

Perspective please. I get that people are annoyed but the fest is still five weeks away, we'll undoubtedly get decent announcements this week and in early September we'll have easily the best available line-up in the country available to us. I remain very optimistic about what's coming but will happily join in the FR slagging off if a lot of very good stuff isn't forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not EP related but as I am fed up with negative vibes maaaan ( watched Kellys heroes yesterday !)
    There are 4 festivals at least on next weekend  Castlepalooza, Beatyard, Indiependence & All Together Now ( I think of The Farm song every time ...) 
    Beatyard was really tempting this year with their lineup for me but I'm off to Castlepalooza in Tullamore - a great small festival, the lineup is very much unknown but its always really good and its where I've discovered a lot of great Irish music over the years.
    KKC a few years ago as a prime example.( wasn't sure was i hallucinating when I saw Boxhead for the first time...!!)

Alas insufficient cash to go anywhere this weekend after splashing out on loads of the Galway Arts Fest gigs. But of the above the Sunday of Beatyard is the most appealing. Can't believe how many stellar acts they booked for the end of the weekend. For me the best one-day line-up for the entire year. Kamasi Washington on Sat should be fab too.

And enjoy Castlepalooza, !!! and Seamus Fogarty should be standouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Alas insufficient cash to go anywhere this weekend after splashing out on loads of the Galway Arts Fest gigs. But of the above the Sunday of Beatyard is the most appealing. Can't believe how many stellar acts they booked for the end of the weekend. For me the best one-day line-up for the entire year. Kamasi Washington on Sat should be fab too.

And enjoy Castlepalooza, !!! and Seamus Fogarty should be standouts.

Same about beatyard, the line up is brilliant! Would love to see kamasi Washington

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Heading to Waterford for All Together Now... Site images look amazing and on paper it has potential to be a great weekend. Lets hope not too many first year hiccups..

I'm the same, although I've been saying that for the last few years, and the lineup manages to tempt me back each time.
    as a festival, it's gone to sh1te over the last 5 years, so if the remaining lineup announcements aren't good, and our group dwindles any more, then I'll be perfectly happy with not bothering tbh.
    at the moment, I'm mostly just going for the craic this year, I've almost no interest in EP as a festival any more.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Heading to Waterford for All Together Now... Site images look amazing and on paper it has potential to be a great weekend. Lets hope not too many first year hiccups..

Really looking forward to hearing about all together now. Havnt the emotional, financial nor physical bandwidth for that and ep within a month of each other but next year it’s deffo on the cards. Hope it all goes well for them

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Going to ATN. Forbidden Fruit has been very well organised for the most part so trust there shouldn't be too man issues.

The fact that you can bring your drink into the arena is a major plus; when Body and Soul brought it in the atmosphere was definitely better as people weren't getting completely tanked in the campsite first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also going ATN, and Stendhal the following weekend :)

• Advertisement

Jesus lads how do ye do it... I’m barely recovered from caribou on sat night!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement