Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

LowOdour wrote: »
    Starting to look for a few things for EP. Top of the list is a power bank and trolley (saw posts from earlier, but would prefer a hand truck type).

As its still up in the air if I'll go or not, would want to be purchasing the power bank from within Ireland so that I don't run the chance of any shipping issues (has happened before).

Any one have any recommendations? Ideally looking at a 20000mAh

I had an Anker power bank of 20000 mAh for EP last year, lasted me the entire festival without any trouble and got to use my phone for taking pics and stuff. I'll be bringing it back this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Announcements starting from tomorrow, be really interesting to see who's been booked.

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Announcements starting from tomorrow, be really interesting to see who's been booked.

Where did you see this, was this the announcement of the announcement on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or just yer own theory. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

LowOdour wrote: »
    Starting to look for a few things for EP. Top of the list is a power bank and trolley (saw posts from earlier, but would prefer a hand truck type).

As its still up in the air if I'll go or not, would want to be purchasing the power bank from within Ireland so that I don't run the chance of any shipping issues (has happened before).

Any one have any recommendations? Ideally looking at a 20000mAh

I know you asked for recommendations within Ireland but just to add my two cents I've always felt they charge some pretty rip-off prices compared to online with regards to power banks. Was in the same bind myself as I'm heading to ATN this weekend and was looking to pick one up.

Amazon have some fairly priced ones, I went with a 10,400mAh Anker one. Also with prime they do 1-day shipping to UK and with An Post's Address Pal they have a mainland UK address you can use which also gets around Amazon's reluctance to ship batteries and the likes overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Why are people compaining about the charity dining thing now? They had it last year also and possibly before then.

edit : the fine dining has been there since 2014.
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/history/electric-picnic-2014

Plenty to whinge about with the delay in acts but popping at the charity bits seems kinda churlish.

Jesus Christ that 2014 line up makes me sad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Damn, that dinner now obligatory? Hope I don't miss Kendrick.

Well since we clearly aren't getting any more bands, there are going to be massive 4 hour delays between each band each day. So maybe people will pay the 120 out of sheer boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Burkie94 wrote: »
    I know you asked for recommendations within Ireland but just to add my two cents I've always felt they charge some pretty rip-off prices compared to online with regards to power banks. Was in the same bind myself as I'm heading to ATN this weekend and was looking to pick one up.

Amazon have some fairly priced ones, I went with a 10,400mAh Anker one. Also with prime they do 1-day shipping to UK and with An Post's Address Pal they have a mainland UK address you can use which also gets around Amazon's reluctance to ship batteries and the likes overseas.
    Poorside wrote: »
    Where did you get that?

Yeah sorry just remembered I had to pass it through the UK with a friend of mine. But it was with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah sorry just remembered I had to pass it through the UK with a friend of mine. But it was with Amazon.

I think Poorside was referring to the announcement of an announcement. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I think Poorside was referring to the announcement of an announcement. :)

They should give us notice that there is going to be an announcement of an announcement. I'm not sure my heart can take much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

You hear something or hoping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

More than likely the announcement will be Friday, whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not a hope.

This graph is BS, uses "as the crow flies" approach... nonsense. Doesn't take into account crowds, paths or searches at main arena ..

Have you used it? I did last year and found it was pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

Why are people compaining about the charity dining thing now? They had it last year also and possibly before then.

edit : the fine dining has been there since 2014.
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/history/electric-picnic-2014

Plenty to whinge about with the delay in acts but popping at the charity bits seems kinda churlish.

Charity events have been a feature of EP for several years & they are a great addition to a festival where nobody worries about spend a few hundred Euro on booze so agree! Stop taking a pop at these great events! By the way the pietà house gig has been done before and was a huge success - not full of glitterati at all and all the food is generally sponsored so all proceeds go to charity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bad news, Gang of Youths just cancelled their “North American dates in August”, hopefully doesn’t affect us.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Clearly something is coming this week as some sites like buzz.ie are running stories about an announcement this week

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/electric-picnic-acts-294113

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

All I'm going to say is, these announcements better be fucking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Have you used it? I did last year and found it was pretty accurate.

All i know is that the walk form campervans to main stage is more 25 minutes that 16 minutes ... I have been doing that walk for 8 years at EP twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

neddynono wrote: »
    Clearly something is coming this week as some sites like buzz.ie are running stories about an announcement this week

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/electric-picnic-acts-294113
    What a slop of an article.  
    [font=gotham, sans-serif]"The festival posted on their Instagram page earlier today with a teaser." No, that happened last Friday.[/font]
    [font=gotham, sans-serif]"Earlier this week, they also announced ‘The Banquet at Electric Picnic’..." No, that happened today.  [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

That’s a bummer about Gang of Youths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So, let’s stick our necks out. Name three acts you think are likely to be announced.

Mine - The Progidy, Paul Weller, Hozier.

What I’d prefer - My Bloody Valentine, Sleaford Mods, Leftfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

ricerocket wrote: »
    What a slop of an article.  
    [font=gotham, sans-serif]"The festival posted on their Instagram page earlier today with a teaser." No, that happened last Friday.[/font]
    [font=gotham, sans-serif]"Earlier this week, they also announced ‘The Banquet at Electric Picnic’..." No, that happened today.  [/font]

The script where they getting that from :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    So, let’s stick our necks out. Name three acts you think are likely to be announced.

Mine - The Progidy, Paul Weller, Hozier.

What I’d prefer - My Bloody Valentine, Sleaford Mods, Leftfield.

Hozier, Coronas Weller.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Poorside wrote: »
    Hozier, Coronas Weller.

Mine The Prodigy KOL Moby

Theirs Walking on Cars Hoizer The Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Hard to know (apart from Prodigy) but based on what's on around that weekend I'd go

Prodigy, Plan B or Pixies, Bjork

But it'll be Prodigy Coronas Picture This

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

What Id like Aphex Twin. Weller. Prodigy.

What we will get Gavin James, Picture This, Coronas,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

davew121 wrote: »
    Mine The Prodigy KOL Moby

Theirs Walking on Cars Hoizer The Prodigy

Why Moby? I'd like to see him but assumed he'd been ruled out way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »
    Why Moby? I'd like to see him but assumed he'd been ruled out way back.

He’s pretty much stopped touring.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Who I want :

RSAG, overhead the albatross, Weller, Richard Hawley, leftfield, Beck

Who I expect :
    Idris Elba, manics, sterophonices, hozier, gavin James, jess Glynn, plan B, krept n konan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Aphex Twin, Radiohead, Daft Punk :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Are the Prodigy looking likely? Haven't really being following the last few days..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement