Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

What I would like
    Arcade fire, keaton henson, charlatans, prodigy
    What get
    Hozier walking on cars prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Want maniacs, a-ha, Shirley Manson to beat me viciously again and again all weekend, pj harvey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Are the Prodigy looking likely? Haven't really being following the last few days..

Was claimed by some posters, not out of bounds of possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    So, let’s stick our necks out. Name three acts you think are likely to be announced.

Mine - The Progidy, Paul Weller, Hozier.

What I’d prefer - My Bloody Valentine, Sleaford Mods, Leftfield.

My preference: Arcade Fire, The Prodigy, Sven Vath
    Reality: Gavin James, Hozier, The Corrs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

For me,after the tablets have kicked in:

NIN,Depeche Mode,Prodigy,what we will get:

The 2FM chart show shi*e all stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

What I Want:
    Tame Impala Death Grips Childish Gambino

What We'll Get:
    Gavin James Coronas Picture This

Selling my ticket:
    The above, plus: The Script Walking On Cars Little Hours Hudson Taylor Walk The Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What I want : caribou, Robyn and tama impala

What will get : Niall horan, kodaline and gavin James

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Would like - A-Ha, The War On Drugs, Public Service Broadcasting
    Will probably get - The Coronas, Picture This, Gavin James

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Would like - Pixies, Leftfield, Depeche Mode

Expecting - Picture This, Coronas, Crystal Swing

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I would love some of the smaller EofR acts like Oh Sees, Julien Baker, James Holden, Haley Heynderickx, Idles and Iceage for during the day. No idea if we'd get them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Would like - Depeche Mode or The Prodigy or Arcade Fire , The Horrors, Gaz Coombs, Matador, Erol Alkan, These Charming Men
    Expecting - Dizzy Rascal and other muck. plus ALOT of Irish band.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Would like: KOL, Catfish, Alt J
    Will get: Hozier, Gavin James, Weller(going by this forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Hardly be today girls and boys will it???

It's a shame we all know those ****ty Irish pop bands are going to be announced when there are so many decent Irish acts available. Was only thinking there, the likes of Jape, Villagers, Cathy Davey, Divine Comedy, Le Galaxie, King Kong Company, Mmoths, Toby Kaar, David Kitt (I know we've new Jackson, but I'd like both) and if it were at all possible, Girl Band. Just goes to show, the general public are idiots.*
    *See also: Trump, Brexit, Eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jape / Villagers / Mmoths / David Kitt all at ATN which might rule them out. Although generally there's less exclusivity with the Irish acts so you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If they had a “Prodigy” sized player in their line up announcing that a month ago would’ve made sense. They’re arguably bigger than all 3 headliners announced to date. Yes. Kendrick is a belter but he’s niche when compared to LH’s mob.

Only reason they’ve not announced (to my logic) is that the remaining acts are a gaggle of the last turkeys in the shop. Coronas/James Bay proof poz of this. Reckon some of the old timers in EPHQ are pulling their hair out.

Yeah no chance of Villagers seeing as they're the special guests at ATN and headliners at Metropolis. I'd say we could get David Kitt, seeing as he'll be at EP anyway. Easy double booking.

Wooderson wrote: »
    If they had a “Prodigy” sized player in their line up announcing that a month ago would’ve made sense. They’re arguably bigger than all 3 headliners announced to date. Yes. Kendrick is a belter but he’s niche when compared to LH’s mob.

Only reason they’ve not announced (to my logic) is that the remaining acts are a gaggle of the last turkeys in the shop. Coronas/James Bay proof poz of this. Reckon some of the old timers in EPHQ are pulling their hair out.

The Prodigys star has been on the wane for a while, no way they'd be bigger than Kendrick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The Prodigys star has been on the wane for a while, no way they'd be bigger than Kendrick now.

Arguably their stars been on the wane for more than 20 years. I still think they pull a bigger crowd than him at the fest.

Perhaps at this festival, although it'd be a close call. But outside Ireland and the UK, their ability to headline is limited to mid-to small sized festivals. Kendrick is headlining most of the major festivals in the world this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Best case scenario: The Prodigy, Peter Hook & The Light, Tangerine Dream, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Slowdive

Worst case scenario: Picture This, The Coronas, Gavin James, and lots of UK hip hop/grime acts..

Unfortunately I feel the latter is more likely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

I'm the opposite with this one. I'm thinking the fact they have left it so late and because they are trying to *piss off ATN, I think there will be at least one big headliner. Why build and build and build only to be a let down 4 weeks out. Hopefully anyway, as the lineup is in dire need for a good bit of quality imo.

Nothing wrong with UK hip-hop when it's done right. Kano, Roots Manuva, The Streets, Bashy would all be great bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

You'd swear that they're actively trying to sabotage their festival the some people on here are going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Lottie Ryan plugging Manic’s new single and album just now. Reckon they’re a shoe in. I actually thought they were good in 2015. Brought me right back to my early teens with Motorcycle Emptiness

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Lottie Ryan plugging Manic’s new single and album just now. Reckon they’re a shoe in. I actually thought they were good in 2015. Brought me right back to my early teens with Motorcycle Emptiness

That would be great!! Never seen them gave a bad gig

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Rfrip wrote: »
    What I want : caribou, Robyn and tama impala

What will get : Niall horan, kodaline and gavin James

not sure we will get Niall Horan.
    I was star struck last year meeting Bressie at EP and asked him was Niall Horan his special guest (turns out it was Chasing Abbey with The Blizzards in Jerry Fish)
    He said no way would Niall Horan come to EP

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Would love Tame Impala, Childish Gambino or The Prodigy. Will hold out hope for at least one big act. Happy to take the year off as I'm going to ATN and I've seen Kendrick twice already.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

That would be great!! Never seen them gave a bad gig

Very good live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

So nervous/excited waiting on the announcements. Excited that they might be great, nervous that they might be utter scutter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement