Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Manics would be a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Wooderson wrote: »
    If they had a “Prodigy” sized player in their line up announcing that a month ago would’ve made sense. They’re arguably bigger than all 3 headliners announced to date. Yes. Kendrick is a belter but he’s niche when compared to LH’s mob.

Only reason they’ve not announced (to my logic) is that the remaining acts are a gaggle of the last turkeys in the shop. Coronas/James Bay proof poz of this. Reckon some of the old timers in EPHQ are pulling their hair out.
    I'm the opposite with this one. I'm thinking the fact they have left it so late and because they are trying to *piss off ATN, I think there will be at least one big headliner. Why build and build and build only to be a let down 4 weeks out. Hopefully anyway, as the lineup is in dire need for a good bit of quality imo.
    I agree - I reckon we won't have any announcement today, smaller announcement tomorrow and then a big announcement on Friday.  The likelihood is that we'll have a little of what people might like (Prodigy, Weller etc) and then a lot of Irish acts some good and some not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I have to say, I would be very happy with the Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

To be honest Tame Impala, Gambino and (I’ll get hate for this) Hozier would all be welcome additions in my book. The way I see it Irish acts are inevitable and of them all I’m far more drawn to Hoziers music so not an unrealistic expectation. The lineup is definitely missing a hugely guitar based band though which most people would appreciate. I thought what I caught of Band of Horses last year was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

If rumours of the prodigy and manics are true that would be great additions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Best case scenario: The Prodigy, Peter Hook & The Light, Tangerine Dream, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Slowdive

Worst case scenario: Picture This, The Coronas, Gavin James, and lots of UK hip hop/grime acts..

Unfortunately I feel the latter is more likely :(

Hooky isn’t playing unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Saw that the aphex twin logo appeared in elephant and castle tube station in London yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Probably a mistake but just reading something on the Irish Mirror site about the picnic. Few quotes from Melvin Benn about how they are on site already for the picnic and his opinion on gigs in general. But it says the festival is headlined by Lamar massive attack and Dua Lipa???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    If rumours of the prodigy and manics are true that would be great additions

Prodigy are rumour

Manics are wish list.

Snarky Snark Snark

haitens wrote: »
    Probably a mistake but just reading something on the Irish Mirror site about the picnic. Few quotes from Melvin Benn about how they are on site already for the picnic and his opinion on gigs in general. But it says the festival is headlined by Lamar massive attack and Dua Lipa???

I would say that's not a quote from him, it's just the way they've written it.
    Sh1tty paper has sh1tty writing in s1itty article shocker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I would say that's not a quote from him, it's just the way they've written it.
    Sh1tty paper has sh1tty writing in s1itty article shocker!

Yeah it must be a mistake. NERD website still has them playing. They are down for the Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

haitens wrote: »
    Yeah it must be a mistake. NERD website still has them playing. They are down for the Saturday though.

Massive Attack are also playing Saturday,

So that leaves a big opening for a headliner?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

To be honest Tame Impala, Gambino and (I’ll get hate for this) Hozier would all be welcome additions in my book. .

yeah i dont get the hozier hate. Hes an incredibly talented guy with an amazing voice and a wide range of musical influcences. If hes playing, he'll be one of my must sees'.

Snarky Snark Snark

ah lads/Ladies, that mirror article, if you've not seen it, it has the video of the "unveiling" from the initial announcement, it's priceless for just how terrible it is, right dodgy "dancers", Alan Partridge would be proud.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-ed-sheeran-gigs-13004616

Suspected inspiration
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQIMOcEVc4

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yeah i dont get the hozier hate. Hes an incredibly talented guy with an amazing voice and a wide range of musical influcences. If hes playing, he'll be one of my must sees'.

Of all the talent that has come out of Ireland in recent years, Hozier is without a doubt my personal favourite and I also have a liking for David Keenan who is a must see if playing a small, quiet stage as his presence is fantastic. Saw Hozier a few years ago and he put on a fantastic show but I respect he’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Of all the talent that has come out of Ireland in recent years, Hozier is without a doubt my personal favourite and I also have a liking for David Keenan who is a must see if playing a small, quiet stage as his presence is fantastic. Saw Hozier a few years ago and he put on a fantastic show but I respect he’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Keenan is a bit gypsie-ish for me and quite lyrically heavy, but i do enjoy his music..... i havent yet seen him live but hes on my list.

I prefer slightly softer and smoother a la John Smith

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Keenan is a bit gypsie-ish for me and quite lyrically heavy, but i do enjoy his music..... i havent yet seen him live but hes on my list.

I prefer slightly softer and smoother a la John Smith

He is very lyrically intense but certainly a recommendation if you can lend him your ear for even 20 minutes. He’s very good live amongst a small crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Bit of an anti climax this week so far. I know it's only Tuesday but going by that Instagram post last week I was expecting a daily dose of reveals to build a bit of hype for EP in the leadup to ATN. In all the years I've been going I have never felt so flat in the weeks before the event. Maybe it's just me but I know plenty of others with similar frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

ah lads/Ladies, that mirror article, if you've not seen it, it has the video of the "unveiling" from the initial announcement, it's priceless for just how terrible it is, right dodgy "dancers", Alan Partridge would be proud.

If that's the level of effort they put into their big unveiling no wonder we're permanently disappointed, #ropey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A solid if unspectacular bunch of names from Body & Soul. Happy that Gundelach is there as I missed him at Body & Soul in June because he was on so early on the Friday! Seems to be a lot of crossover from Body & Souls own festival last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Bodes well for a big announcement later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Pretty much what we already saw at B&S last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

A solid if unspectacular bunch of names from Body & Soul. Happy that Gundelach is there as I missed him at Body & Soul in June because he was on so early on the Friday! Seems to be a lot of crossover from Body & Souls own festival last month.

same as ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

INterestingly, EP still havent announced this on either there own web page or on social.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

INterestingly, EP still havent announced this on either there own web page or on social.

I can't see it on Body&Soul page either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Guessing that These Modern Strangers probably pulled the trigger too early on that announcement!

Was probably due out around lunchtime and they posted it an hour early.

Good names on it, though. Mainly the Irish stuff but Super Extra Bonus Party, Bad Bones, Bitch Falcon, Daithi, Fontaines DC, O Emperor, RSAG, Pillow Queens and Soulé are all great.

No standout headline name for the B&S stage though, is there? I remember seeing, say, Tune-Yards and Shamir on there over a couple of years, along with a largely Irish contingent. Seems like it has that Irish element but not the one or two international names.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Glad to see Bad Bones listed.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

anyone got a good spotify playlist for getting to know the acts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement