Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Happy with the B&S announcement. Fontaines DC, Daithí and Soule were all superb last month.

In terms of second main would love any of Kasabian, The Streets, Catfish, Jamie T or Childish Gambino. But expect Hozier plus the usual ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Pretty much what we already saw at B&S last month.

Yup, they need their main announcement, this isn't cutting the mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Guessing that These Modern Strangers probably pulled the trigger too early on that announcement!

Was probably due out around lunchtime and they posted it an hour early.

Good names on it, though. Mainly the Irish stuff but Super Extra Bonus Party, Bad Bones, Bitch Falcon, Daithi, Fontaines DC, O Emperor, RSAG, Pillow Queens and Soulé are all great.

No standout headline name for the B&S stage though, is there? I remember seeing, say, Tune-Yards and Shamir on there over a couple of years, along with a largely Irish contingent. Seems like it has that Irish element but not the one or two international names.

We’ve also had Matthew E White, Young Fathers & Ezra Furman in the midnight/1am slot. Possibly a couple more to play in B&S who’ve an earlier slot in the main arena as a couple of the above did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We’ve also had Matthew E White, Young Fathers & Ezra Furman in the midnight/1am slot. Possibly a couple more to play in B&S who’ve an earlier slot in the main arena as a couple of the above did?

Maybe. Could be a few others from the upcoming main announcement that may do two slots too? Still, unusual.

Would have thought it was a good way to get a bump - announce a mid-tier act as your B&S headliner and then confirm they'll do a second set rather than burying a band in a big announcement and then confirming they'll also be in B&S.

But I don't understand anything about what they've done in terms of announcements to date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Public Service Broadcasting and Perfume Genius in other years too, I'd be fairly uninspired by that lineup really... Decent Irish acts, but that's a given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

MattD wrote: »
    Public Service Broadcasting and Perfume Genius in other years too, I'd be fairly uninspired by that lineup really... Decent Irish acts, but that's a given.

Still hopeful that PSB could be in main announcement...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I imagine that's just the B&S main stage acts? About half the acts compared to the overall Body & Soul area in previous years

Not that the other stages add too many well known names but would expect more to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://bodyandsoul.ie/bodysoul-village-at-electric-picnic/

Full announcement there, with some dead links and dodgy images.

No extra big names but Earthship, etc included.
    Body&Soul Stage:

Bad Bones / Barq / Bitch Falcon / Bon Voyage / Daithí / David Keenan / Fontaines D.C. / Gundelach / James Canty / Halo Maud / Hak Baker / Hvmmingbyrd / LAOISE / Lilla Vargen / O Emperor / Oscar Jerome / Orchid Collective / Paddy Hanna / Pillow Queens / ROE / R.S.A.G. / Ruby Empress / Ryan Vail / Sleep Thieves / Slow Place Like Home / Soulé / Super Extra Bonus Party / The Blue Notes / The Brummies / The Modern Strangers / Tracy Bruen / YOUNGR

Earthship Stage:

1000 Beasts / Baba / Beauty Sleep / Blackbird and Crow / Bobofunk / Bobby Basil / Dreaming of Jupiter / DJ Eamonn Barrett / Elaine Malone / Erica Cody / Fat Puppy / Happy Alone. / Jah Monk / Jazz Jam / Junior Brother / Kate Brennan Harding / Luka Palm / Mother DJs / Munky / Naughty Party / Parly B / Proper Micro NV / Rub a Dub Hi-Fi / Spice Bag / Soul Badger / Susie Q / SYLK / The Clockworks / Turf Softies / Will Softly / Worries Outernational

Peace Pagoda: presented by Algorithm:

AGorilla / Baz Hickey / Cáit / Davy Kehoe / Dream~Cycles / Melly / Maria Somerville / Neil Flynn / No Place Like Drone / Now You're Swingin' / R. Kitt / Rob Le Nan / Sarah Rossney / Soft Stone / Wastefellow / Zvuku

The Bandstand:

Aine Duffy / As Humans / BIRDWOMAN / Cantina Bop / Cathy Flynn / Ciaran Moran / Club Comfort / Dreaming of Jupiter / Dublin Digital Radio / Generic People / H&G Creations / Jus Damien / Justyna Koss / Little One / Ophelia / Phraktal / PrYmary Colours / Reveller / Rosa Nutty / Supagreen Sound Machine / Tanjier / Trick Mist / VJ Jackson / Zapho

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Maybe. Could be a few others from the upcoming main announcement that may do two slots too? Still, unusual.

Would have thought it was a good way to get a bump - announce a mid-tier act as your B&S headliner and then confirm they'll do a second set rather than burying a band in a big announcement and then confirming they'll also be in B&S.

But I don't understand anything about what they've done in terms of announcements to date!!
    32 B&S acts announced today and 36 acts played B&S last year so room for a handful more of double-jobbers to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Hak Baker listed on main poster and now also on B&S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hak baker is the only one from the original line up poster

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

thebusher wrote: »
    Hak Baker listed on main poster and now also on B&S

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MattD wrote: »

Glass Animals also a few years back. We went back up there to see some of them for 2nd time cos Outkast were so late and then so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yay neill Flynn again! Hopefully I’m more receptive than last year

Anyone any great recommendations...house electronic vibe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Stuart Clarke trolling me personally with that “wow”.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

So as a 40 plus who unfortunately is out of the loop who in the B&S line up are worth a look, going by the headliners I wont be spending much time at the main stage this year and would love to catch a few good up and coming acts.

I have heard of RSAG, O Emperor, Bitch Falcon, Daithi, David Keenan and Soule

Wooderson wrote: »
    Stuart Clarke trolling me personally with that “wow”.

Hotpress do have favourites ... "The Fontaines DC" (sic)

Limerick91 wrote: »
    So as a 40 plus who unfortunately is out of the loop who in the B&S line up are worth a look, going by the headliners I wont be spending much time at the main stage this year and would love to catch a few good up and coming acts.

Be sure to catch Fontaines D.C. also

Fontaines DC, Pillow Queens, Modern Strangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Bad Bones is great. Found her at the Irish stage at Forbidden Fruit two years ago and as a result went to her set at EP last year.

She brings dancers with her so you may not get the full idea of her live show from just listening.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,635 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RSAG !

happy days.. probably always a dead cert... but another + in my books.

Fontaines, Daithi, David Keenan, Hak baker, BARQ, o emperor !!!!
    some excellent announcements there

Quickly dighing in to some of the list and really liking the bluesy guitar of Blackbird & Crow.

Definitely gone on my list to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

checking them all out online is a great way to spend an evening or 7, I don't know too many of them either but two i do know to be excellent are Fontaines D.C., and prYmary Colours ( as well as RSAG & O Emperor).

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

MsMojave wrote: »
    Bad Bones is great. Found her at the Irish stage at Forbidden Fruit two years ago and as a result went to her set at EP last year.

She brings dancers with her so you may not get the full idea of her live show from just listening.

Seen her early afternoon last year in Electric Arena I think - I was very impressed, missed the B&S set, if no clashes will defo make it this year.

There are only 3-4 tunes on Spotify, do you know of more?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

whelzer wrote: »
    Seen her early afternoon last year in Electric Arena I think - I was very impressed, missed the B&S set, if no clashes will defo make it this year.

There are only 3-4 tunes on Spotify, do you know of more?

No actually! I do follow her on a few things but she’s not very active and generally will only post if she’s playing somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Caught a bit of David Keenan in the hotpress tent last year. Will definitely try to catch him this year, he clashed with King Kong Company last year

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ponyface

Hey can anyone tell me if they have used the Kip and Go for putting up your tent? I can’t get off work Friday so I won’t get down until 7 so I am considering this option

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Ponyface wrote: »
    Hey can anyone tell me if they have used the Kip and Go for putting up your tent? I can’t get off work Friday so I won’t get down until 7 so I am considering this option

Start feeling sick Tuesday.. head home sick Thursday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Mucker46

At last something to get a bit excited about. Bitch Falcon excellent last year in other voices tent Fontaines dc, Hvmmingbird, orchid collective and sleep thieves defo worth a look and a few new ones for me to research.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement