Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I remembered someone posted Tom Petty as a possible EP contender, not this year it seems anyway, hope he has a full recovery. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7982018/tom-petty-hospital-unconscious-cardiac-arrest

Sh1t! It looks like I spoke too soon.

https://twitter.com/50sAnd60s?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

lots of bands play here in spring then at EP. it used to be the case that loads of acts that playing high up at EP had done a 3Arena gig about 6 months before.

probably depends on what his summer tour plans are, wouldn't be surprised if he's booked to headline R&L and he's in the area for EP, but we don't often get many acts from there, despite lots of them being suitable.

We got a fair few this year (7/8) but not one from the main stage. And I think, as you say, that's a regular thing. Surprising, as there are plenty of suitable crossover acts that FR can do a deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

mimimcmc wrote: »
    My ultimate would be Pearl Jam and it's been 7 years since any gig here so not totally impossible...
    Only thing is an hour and a half wouldn't be long enough, I'd want a much longer set!

They are on the festival circuit next year anyway headlining Lolopolooza in SA.
    I'm not sure the picnic would pick them up though sadly. Would be an epic headliner.

Missed Eddie this year, it was the night before my wedding, so was a bit tricky to swing it :pac: A couple of friends went and said it was fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

kg703 wrote: »
    They are on the festival circuit next year anyway headlining Lolopolooza in SA.
    I'm not sure the picnic would pick them up though sadly. Would be an epic headliner.

Missed Eddie this year, it was the night before my wedding, so was a bit tricky to swing it :pac: A couple of friends went and said it was fantastic though.

Ya I went, it was amazing! :D 3 hours of Eddie! He has me spoiled now, I expect everyone to play that long now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

A little off topic but Aiken promotion put out a video saying there is a big announcement thursday with a video of a pyramid. People getting very excited about Daft Punk but it looks a bit more like the Roger Waters pyramid.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Jessie Ware and Morrissey are on Jools Holland this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Jessie Ware and Morrissey are on the main stage this year.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

As the dust has firmly settled on ep17, I'm looking back on who I enjoyed most.

I have to say Jagwar Ma were ****ing amazing!! They were hands down my EP17 highlight!

https://youtu.be/CkvDccj-a5U

Having just watched episode 7 of The Handmaid's Tale, I'm so taken with the down beat ambient psychedelia of Cigarettes After Sex, would be a nice band for one of the EP marquees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Having just watched episode 7 of The Handmaid's Tale, I'm so taken with the down beat ambient psychedelia of Cigarettes After Sex, would be a nice band for one of the EP marquees.

Reminds me a bit of of Mazzy Star

Reminds me a bit of of Mazzy Star
    This is a good thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

They're playing The Academy in November guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

okey dokey, time to start puttin me wish list together, mostly old farts cos i am one

1. The Cure, not a mad fan, just never seen them is all
    2. fleetwood mac (have seen them before and think they'd be crackin, cost may be too high though)
    3. crowded house or Mr. Finn solo would be nice (he's a new album out and usually pops up round these parts when touring
    The band would make a very strong sub headliner on main stage, somewhat dated but could have a monster of a sunny singalong set list.
    4. Peter Gabriel, don't know if he does festivals but as with the above, a back catalogue to kill for
    5. Mr Nick Cave & Co.
    6. Ms Polly Jean
    (ffs EP get it together, how long do we have to go with out being simultaneously terrified and erect at the same time).
    7. Mr Gaz Coombes
    8. Mr. Billy Bragg has not been seen round dem parts in 5 years
    9. Bjork, also 5 years, new album out, likely doing the festival rounds next summer so
    10. a-Ha, just cos
    11. Beck, we only got a taster last time, neeeeeed him as a headliner
    12. Billy Idol (he is actually ****ing excellent, his gig in vicar st a couple of years ago was an utter riot of fun)
    13. St. Vincent, has to be a distinct possibility unless she's got a solo date late'ish next year
    (think she needs to lay off the theatrics a bit though, makes every set too samey)
    14. Eels
    (if they've something funky out, their quiet stuff is just not suitable for festival, last gig in Olympia was full of utterly beautiful music but just not suited to a festival setting unlike the rockier periods Mr. Everett goes through
    15. Erasure, fun fun fun
    16. Fun Lovin Criminals (see #15)
    17. Gorillaz
    (Not wild on the music but think they'd be interesting to see).
    18. Hurts
    (I like 'em, everyone else can **** off)
    19. Jamiroquai (see #18)
    20. Lenny Kravitz
    (has he ever played here?)
    21. Living Colour
    22. Moby
    23. Foo fighters
    (not a chance but throwin it out there)
    24. Norah Jones
    & finally
    25 Suede
    Far too ****ing over due to play, they are utterly epic live

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Fatfrog wrote: »
    As the dust has firmly settled on ep17, I'm looking back on who I enjoyed most.

I have to say Jagwar Ma were ****ing amazing!! They were hands down my EP17 highlight!

https://youtu.be/CkvDccj-a5U

Missed them due to going to Croke Park for All Ireland. Raging they clashed although saw them earlier in the year at the Academy. Suspected the festival setting would suit them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

okey dokey, time to start puttin me wish list together, mostly old farts cos i am one

2. fleetwood mac (have seen them before and think they'd be crackin, cost may be too high though)
    3. crowded house or Mr. Finn solo would be nice (he's a new album out and usually pops up round these parts when touring
    The band would make a very strong sub headliner on main stage, somewhat dated but could have a monster of a sunny singalong set list.
    4. Peter Gabriel, don't know if he does festivals but as with the above, a back catalogue to kill for
    5. Mr Nick Cave & Co.
    6. Ms Polly Jean
    (ffs EP get it together, how long do we have to go with out being simultaneously terrified and erect at the same time).
    7. Mr Gaz Coombes
    9. Bjork, also 5 years, new album out, likely doing the festival rounds next summer so
    10. a-Ha, just cos
    12. Billy Idol (he is actually ****ing excellent, his gig in vicar st a couple of years ago was an utter riot of fun)
    13. St. Vincent, has to be a distinct possibility unless she's got a solo date late'ish next year
    (think she needs to lay off the theatrics a bit though, makes every set too samey)
    14. Eels
    (if they've something funky out, their quiet stuff is just not suitable for festival, last gig in Olympia was full of utterly beautiful music but just not suited to a festival setting unlike the rockier periods Mr. Everett goes through
    15. Erasure, fun fun fun
    17. Gorillaz
    18. Hurts
    19. Jamiroquai (see #18)
    20. Lenny Kravitz
    21. Living Colour
    22. Moby
    23. Foo fighters
    24. Norah Jones
    & finally
    25 Suede

Billy Idol haha f*ck yes, that would be amazing. This is a ****ing tune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

5. Mr Nick Cave & Co.
    6. Ms Polly Jean
    7. Mr Gaz Coombes
    10. a-Ha, just cos
    14. Eels
    15. Erasure, fun fun fun
    17. Gorillaz
    18. Hurts
    19. Jamiroquai (see #18)
    20. Lenny Kravitz
    21. Living Colour
    22. Moby
    23. Foo fighters
    24. Norah Jones
    & finally
    25 Suede

Some nice suggestions there, I second Gaz Coombes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Some nice suggestions there, I second Gaz Coombes!!

Yeah he was great a few years ago in Whelan's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Guess that's The National ruled out then if they are playing two gigs in June. I thought they would be one the headliners.

The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Jessie Ware and Morrissey are on Jools Holland this week.
    Just watched it. All in good voice but loved Jessie Ware. Don't really know her but she'd be a great addition next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

The Streets reforming for a greatest hits tour next year...Would be savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Gosh, that'd be brilliant!

So Electric Picnic curry and chips or Electric Picnic omelette?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

A.Gorilla wrote: »

I was on the beer in Glasgow one day, and they happened to be playing Barrowlands that night, so I picked up a ticket.

4 hours later, and i'm running low on cash so sell the ticket and stay on the beer. 13 or so years on, I still regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I was on the beer in Glasgow one day, and they happened to be playing Barrowlands that night, so I picked up a ticket.

4 hours later, and i'm running low on cash so sell the ticket and stay on the beer. 13 or so years on, I still regret it.

Dry your eyes mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Liam Gallagher album is good stuff. Would love him there next year. EA headline slot would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

thebusher wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher album is good stuff. Would love him there next year. EA headline slot would be great.

Please no

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Pink Moon have put there prices up to 230 for a basic two man. Think they were 165 a couple of years ago. Some price hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Please no

Listeed to the album?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The album is better than I thought it would be, though my expectations were extremely low :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement