Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The Heineken Arena/Sound Atlas place have announced their lineup: Krystal Klear, Hip-Hop Karaoke, Mix & Fairbanks, Gxrl Cøde, Reeps One, Stevie G, Lime & Fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I am calling it - Liam Gallagher, years & years and Scooter. Pure ****e. Liam might have been good when his voice was still intact

Of those 3, I would be annoyed by Scooter the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

I really really pray it’s not Kodaline. Middle of the road snorefest.

I would enjoy watching Hozier, but I’d enjoy him on a sunny afternoon with a few pints. His music would not suit after dark headline slot nor would it suit my after dark mood. I would have to avoid him like I avoided Sam Smith in 2015 (and was instead gloriously uplifted by Chvrches Big synths in the EA)

Chvrches played before Sam Smith. I know because I saw both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Of those 3, I would be annoyed by Scooter the least.

Gimme Scooter over Kodaline, Walking On Cars and all that boring sh1te. At least they're a bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I am calling it - Liam Gallagher, years & years and Scooter. Pure ****e. Liam might have been good when his voice was still intact

I think Liam would be a laugh, nowt wrong with a drunken sing-a-long.
    Can't be a high-brow chinstroker all weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Chvrches played before Sam Smith. I know because I saw both of them.

Well aren’t you pedantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nilbert99 wrote: »
    I mean, you're never going to see the likes of these bands at Witness.... snort...

Offended a Coldplay fan so much they crawled out of the woodwork. Job done.

Scooter are as likely to be booked as the Pope. Yeah they're still around, but who gives a ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Scooter are as likely to be booked as the Pope. Yeah they're still around, but who gives a ****?

You're no fun at all, Scooter are terrible and hilarious, they'd be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They'd suit that Electric Ireland kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

What do people prefer, peas or beans?
    On the surface, it seems like a simple enough question; peas or beans? 
    But if I was having fish and chips I would most probably prefer peas. On ther other hand, if I was having sausages and chips, I'd most likely plump for beans. Is it plump or plumb? I think its plump.
    Now, that's not an endorsement either for peas or beans. I'd never have a fried egg with fish and chips, but on the other hand, I'd be reluctant to have sausage and chips without a fried egg.
    What I'm trying to say is, we're all just human beings, drifting through this topsy turvy world, struggling with the vagaries of everyday living. Kodaline or Massive Attrack, Benmjamin Clementine or Hozier? Peas or beans?
    It's all gravy...

Nilbert99 wrote: »
    What do people prefer, peas or beans?
    On the surface, it seems like a simple enough question; peas or beans? 
    But if I was having fish and chips I would most probably prefer peas. On ther other hand, if I was having sausages and chips, I'd most likely plump for beans. Is it plump or plumb? I think its plump.
    Now, that's not an endorsement either for peas or beans. I'd never have a fried egg with fish and chips, but on the other hand, I'd be reluctant to have sausage and chips without a fried egg.
    What I'm trying to say is, we're all just human beings, drifting through this topsy turvy world, struggling with the vagaries of everyday living. Kodaline or Massive Attrack, Benmjamin Clementine or Hozier? Peas or beans?
    It's all gravy...

peas with fish and chips, beans with sausages. Bang on!

For the life of me I can't think of any occasion that Kodaline would be appropriate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I prefer Cheesy Peas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

peas with fish and chips, beans with sausages. Bang on!

For the life of me I can't think of any occasion that Kodaline would be appropriate though.

i'd be reluctant to have Sausage & Chips with Kodaline.

Have the Dublin Gospel Choir been announced? Most likely they will be if Kodaline are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Kodaline Never. The Spam of music. There is simply no occasion where I’d eat it (them)

ITT - no love for the Kodaline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Kodaline Never. The Spam of music. There is simply no occasion where I’d eat it (them)

I'd never eat them. Even if I was gagging for sausage (and chips)!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

ABBA holograms or bust

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

ITT - no love for the Kodaline

At least we all agree on something :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

Kodaline is like putting brown sauce on a battered cod. Technically, it possible, but nobody should ever do it.
    The Electric Picnic is changing, as all things must. It's not that long since we began allowing women in bars, and while I'm sure nobody would argue that that has been an absolute calamity, I'm sure some good must have come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Why are people mentioning kodaline?

Because there is a strong possibility they (or Walking on Cars or Picture This or all 3) are going to be announced on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

declanleo wrote: »
    Why are people mentioning kodaline?

People losing their minds over something that may happen on Friday.
    Will then lose their minds on Friday if it does happen!

You'd swear it was mandatory to see a band you don't like.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Because there is a strong possibility they (or Walking on Cars or Picture This or all 3) are going to be announced on Friday.

Not a fan of Kodaline but i find Picture This to be the most offensive
    band on the planet at the time of writing!
    I'd rather endure an entire Kodaline album than one minute of a Picture This.
    the "about to burst into tears" vocals, shudder!!

People losing their minds over something that may happen on Friday.
    Will then lose their minds on Friday if it does happen!

You'd swear it was mandatory to see a band you don't like.
    :confused:

I think the reasons people are wound up about it is that they've waited this long for the second announcement that if the highlights are as predictable as Kodaline etc. the disappointment is far worse than if it had been announced in June. And if they are the highlights of the announcement, it doesn't bode particularly well for the rest.

:eek:

Not a fan of Kodaline but i find Picture This to be the most offensive
    band on the planet at the time of writing!
    I'd rather endure an entire Kodaline album than one minute of a Picture This.
    the "about to burst into tears" vocals, shudder!!
    I blame the Coronas for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

You're no fun at all, Scooter are terrible and hilarious, they'd be fantastic.

Didn't Scooter die by taking 67 pills in one night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I'm as guilty as the next man but it is sort of odd that the most successful Irish bands are generally the ones that come in for the most criticism.  If any of Kodaline, Coronas, Walking on Cars or Picture This happen to be reading this they must be scratching their heads.  I know I would prefer to be playing with Kodaline to 20k out in Malahide than playing with an interesting but obscure band to 100 people in Whelans of a Tuesday night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement