Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Full announcement:
    Paul Mccartney
    NIN
    Madonna
    Daft Punk
    Scooter
    Manic Street Preachers
    Years and years
    The Prodigy
    Picture This
    Coronas
    Kodaline
    The Academic

Poorside wrote: »
    Hip hop Karaoke sounds like a load of sh1te, and not only will the Jerry fish tent have to put up with noise bleed it’ll have to do it for a load of wannabe drunks.

I call doing Del's rap from Clint Eastwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hip hop Karaoke sounds like a load of sh1te, and not only will the Jerry fish tent have to put up with noise bleed it’ll have to do it for a load of wannabe drunks.

This was a handy place to go to the last few years, nip in for a pint, no queues and have an aul bop. Last year though Jesus it had changed, the crowd was horrendous, saw loads of trouble there too. Went to see purple disco machine I think on the fri night and had to leave because of the crowd. Deffo place to avoid. Pity though as would like to catch mix and Fairbanks and Krystle klear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Full announcement:
    Paul Mccartney
    NIN
    Madonna
    Daft Punk
    Scooter
    Manic Street Preachers
    Years and years
    The Prodigy
    Picture This
    Coronas
    Kodaline
    The Academic

And Bowie will make his annual appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ffs. Why not go the whole hog and get a lip sync battle going on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

As long as we get DJ Koze confirmed we’re on the right track...

Hoping for a few of these names from End of the Road:

Vampire Weekend (pretty huge)
    Big Thief
    Soccer Mommy
    Yo La Tengo
    John Cale

Must confess to not having researched this and checked out tour dates to see how plausible any of these are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Soccer Mommy is playing Dublin a week or 2 after EP, so doubt she'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I think guys we’re on “the downward spiral” with these lack of announcements,so to speak...ahem!!!

Don't tease. It's mean. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Rfrip wrote: »
    This was a handy place to go to the last few years, nip in for a pint, no queues and have an aul bop. Last year though Jesus it had changed, the crowd was horrendous, saw loads of trouble there too. Went to see purple disco machine I think on the fri night and had to leave because of the crowd. Deffo place to avoid. Pity though as would like to catch mix and Fairbanks and Krystle klear
    Purple disco machine was on in the Casa Bacardi no?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Soccer Mommy is playing Dublin a week or 2 after EP, so doubt she'll be there.

Will have to look into that... cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I don't think Kodaline are quite as big as they were and may see playing as a sub benificial, they cancelled a tour recently to "work on a new album" which usually is an excuse for poor ticket sales.

I dont like Kodaline but they sold out Malahide with no significant support in a summer where gigs are not selling and in a venue which is a pain in the hole to get to.

If any of the three named Irish bands are announced, they will have more people watching them than any of the other headliners bar Kendrik

Picnic is moving more to the mainstream. If you want to shift 55k tickets each year you are going to have to do that.

Yeah fair point I didn't realise they were still that big in Ireland, I assumed based on the cancelled tour and how none of the singles from their last did that well in the UK they were on the wane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

declanleo wrote: »
    Are you doing your app again Pablo?

I am not doing apps for individual festivals anymore.

Instead, I made an Android app called Festable which can be used with any clashfinder. Its the same as the apps I did previously, except now you just use one app for all the festivals. If the festival has a clashfinder the app can show you the timetabler and set up itinerary, reminders etc. Was used last w/e at Sunflowerfest. This w/e coming at ATN and I suppose Beatyard.

here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

No iPhone version and to be honest its not likely that I will get the time to make an iPhone version before EP, more likely 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Instead, I made an Android app called Festable which can be used with any clashfinder. Its the same as the apps I did previously, except now you just use one app for all the festivals. If the festival has a clashfinder the app can show you the timetabler and set up itinerary, reminders etc. Was used last w/e at Sunflowerfest. This w/e coming at ATN and I suppose Beatyard.

here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

No iPhone version and to be honest its not likely that I will get the time to make an iPhone version before EP, more likely 2019.

How was Sunflower Fest Pablo I've always wanted to check that one out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Purple disco machine was on in the Casa Bacardi no?

Your right!!! Explains why I thought he was ****e then! Just checked the clashfinder...the magician I think I went to see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wing126 wrote: »
    Don't tease. It's mean. :(

I’m torturing meself as well........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

How was Sunflower Fest Pablo I've always wanted to check that one out.

I wasn't there. Its way too far to drag a caravan from Waterford. I know the guy who runs the campervan field. Was top notch by all accounts although the Sunday was apparently a wash out :(

That last five additions for Pukkelpop 2018.

Papa Roach, Ho99o9, Circa Waves, K1D and Dvtch Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

That last announcements for Pukkelpop 2018.

VnLkh442XJjsD-uj?format=jpg&name=small

Hmmmmm... i suppose I'd be okay if they were announced.. as a last resort

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Thanks Pablo. Looks great. Last few years your app has been brilliant.

Wow this looks like a cool festival.

Cartel-BIMELive-2018.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

New Iggy Pop and Underworld song on Paul McLoone a few minutes ago, would be very happy to see Iggy announced on Friday, highly doubtful but it looks like he’s free that weekend.

That last five additions for Pukkelpop 2018.

Papa Roach, Ho99o9, Circa Waves, K1D and Dvtch Norris.

I'd give up half the bill to get Ho99o9 back. They were incredible.

Cartel-BIMELive-2018.jpg

Jose Gonzalez would be great but he's in the US til August 30 so probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Cheers Pablo. The app has been cracking the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Cartel-BIMELive-2018.jpg

Wow. That is really impressive. Cheap fest & two nights in Bilbao. Wish I had some spare cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

New job on Monday, what do you think is the best way to tell them I need 4-5 days off at the end of the month? :P

Raekwondo wrote: »
    New job on Monday, what do you think is the best way to tell them I need 4-5 days off at the end of the month? :P

Invent an Uncle who has passed away in Scotland or something like that, or a relative, then you can pick a listing from RIP.ie to back yer claim. :) Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Full announcement:
    Paul Mccartney
    NIN
    Madonna
    Daft Punk
    Scooter
    Manic Street Preachers
    Years and years
    The Prodigy
    Picture This
    Coronas
    Kodaline
    The Academic

You left out Hozier - it turns out the boards EP thread loved him all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Invent an Uncle who has passed away in Scotland or something like that, or a relative, then you can pick a listing from RIP.ie to back yer claim. :) Good luck.

Next level stuff right there

• Advertisement

Dear old uncle Scrooge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement