Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Can really see Simple Minds there somewhere. I know there doing gigs in the uk that weekend, hopefully squeeze something in

Stranglers are a good shout for that spot, saw them a few months ago and wasn’t really impressed, Therapy were much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We've had both Simple Minds and Stranglers in recent years, would doubt it's them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Liam Gallagher, Slaves, Blossoms,
    My guess for tomorrow haven't a clue really

Snarky Snark Snark

haitens wrote: »
    My guess for tomorrow haven't a clue really

So say we all.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

We've had both Simple Minds and Stranglers in recent years, would doubt it's them again.

2014 was last time SM played. Great live band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hozier, King Gizzard, The Charlatans

Off to ATN G'LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

I haven't got a Scooby Doo who's going to be announced tomorrow, I also don't really care, as you'll always find someone/something to see/do..
    I am looking forward to getting down to the nitty gritty of planning a time to meet and kick teenagers and the other festival essentials like the best bog roll (baby wipes)... and the inevitable bitching about clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

My last call for non Irish bands at a level I'm realistic might be acheivable, and without checking schedules 
    The Horrors , IDLES, Cabbage, Ride, James, The Blinders, The Charlatans, Super Furries, Steve Mason, Young Fathers (even though played last year), The Specials , The Streets, The Vaccines ( guilty pleasure , sorry!) Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Public Enemy, Jurassic 5, Mike D dj, Battles , Slowdive , Blossoms, Warpaint,Simple Minds & The Stranglers for Sunday
    If I get 4 or 5 of that lot I'd be really happy on top of getting a lot of great Irish bands young and old with a lot of dance /  dj stuff thrown in on top, and a rave in the woods on way to bed :)

Add the Manics, Selector and/or The Beat for the Sunday ska slot.

Something Happens for Jerry Fish would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

thebusher wrote: »
    Add the Manics, Selector and/or The Beat for the Sunday ska slot.

Something Happens for Jerry Fish would be great.

Sultans at Jerry Fish was fantastic. In all the 10 or so years I'm going, one of the highlights!

Snarky Snark Snark

Graham1978 wrote: »
    2014 was last time SM played. Great live band

4 years.... jesus.....

Jim needs to cut out the la, la, la, laaaaaaa, etc.. repeat to infinity.

could fit another 2 songs if he did

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

one thing ive noticed to my delight, while gorging on EP playlists etc is the incredibly strong female artist presence at this years festival.

St Vincent, ChVrches, Wolf Alice, SOAK, nina kraviz, peggy gou, garbage / le femme / whenyoung (as female led) , jorja smith, gwenno, sigrid, jessie ware, sevdaliza, lucy dacus, nilufer yanya, stella Donnelly, Dua lipa, raye.....

loads more in the B+S experience not mentioned above, and more to come in the next main announcements.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ok .. i have just one wish for tomorrow:

The The

One wish - James.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Public Service Broadcasting

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

sydthebeat wrote: »
    one thing ive noticed to my delight, while gorging on EP playlists etc is the incredibly strong female artist presence at this years festival.

St Vincent, ChVrches, Wolf Alice, SOAK, nina kraviz, peggy gou, garbage / le femme / whenyoung (as female led) , jorja smith, gwenno, sigrid, jessie ware, sevdaliza, lucy dacus, nilufer yanya, stella Donnelly, Dua lipa, raye.....

loads more in the B+S experience not mentioned above, and more to come in the next main announcements.....

I suspect they pre-loaded a lot of the female artists into the first announcement. they got a bit of publicity out of it when the first announcement came out. Will be interesting to see how it looks after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

ok .. i have just one wish for tomorrow:

The The
    The Who

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

^

Last three posts have my approval

edit: damn quick posters !!
    #6341, 6342, 6343

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

sydthebeat wrote: »

Also an Irish female fronted (mostly) group being announced tomorrow, my sources tell me 8-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Also an Irish female fronted (mostly) group being announced tomorrow, my sources tell me 8-)

B*WITCHED?

Everybody now 'oh oh oh oh, hey hey hey'

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

No it's the Corrs, as part of Jim's presidential campaign announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Public Service Broadcasting

agreed.

They were on at silly o'clock (around 2:40? and in the p*ssing rain) the year before last (or last year - I cannot remember).

Saw them in Jan - would love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Gizz would be ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

everlast75 wrote: »
    agreed.

They were on at silly o'clock (around 2:40? and in the p*ssing rain) the year before last (or last year - I cannot remember).

Saw them in Jan - would love to see them again.

They were amazing. Cant see them coming back so soon, but would love if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

looking forward to seeing who they have on the Electric Ireland tent this year.

also hoping le freak and Attention bebe are announced for trailer park.

I thought Attention Bebe at 1/2am on sat at Trailer park 2 years back was better craic than
    last year they put them on the Earthship at 9pm clashing with everything,
    the early hours are when i'm just up for tunes I know/covers.

Ham Sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    I heard this as well, B*Witched?

has one of B*Witched undergone a sex-change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Were B*Witched not an all-female band, as opposed to a female fronted band? Female fronted suggests male member/s in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

There's a girl in walking on cars...? Though I don't know en enough about them to say if she fronts the band. I'd imagine them or hamsandwich.

Maybe you're lucky and it's Little Green Cars! (or b*witched!)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

MattD wrote: »
    There's a girl in walking on cars...? Though I don't know en enough about them to say if she fronts the band. I'd imagine them or hamsandwich.

Maybe you're lucky and it's Little Green Cars! (or b*witched!)

Ooh hopefully its little green cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Were B*Witched not an all-female band, as opposed to a female fronted band? Female fronted suggests male member/s in there.

Dungarees can hide a multitude 🀔

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement