Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well obviously the extreme metal bands have the monopoly on truly awful names (every possible variation on anal, ****, ****, **** etc has been tried, all indicative of low IQs) but I mean ignoring all bands started by sex offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If funds allow, go for a hot tub in Body and Soul on Saturday afternoon.

Major chill out vibes and TWO showers with minimal queuing

I still do it even now that I’ve turned into a Pink Moon regular...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kormac posted on Facebook saying that he's doing a new show in other voices this year with his full band and an orchestra. How the hell is there going to space for all that in there, and a crowd of punters as well? It's still a small enough tent isn't it? I saw Le Galaxie in there in 2016 and remember thinking it was tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kormac posted on Facebook saying that he's doing a new show in other voices this year with his full band and an orchestra. How the hell is there going to space for all that in there, and a crowd of punters as well? It's still a small enough tent isn't it? I saw Le Galaxie in there in 2016 and remember thinking it was tiny.
    saw him doing it in Vicar Street on Paddy's Weekend, there was about 15 of them onstage for most of the gig.

maybe they're making the tent bigger this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Maybe they are and it'd be no harm if they did. It looks to me like fitting 15 people plus instruments would be a stretch on this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    My preference: Arcade Fire, The Prodigy, Sven Vath
    Reality: Gavin James, Hozier, The Corrs

What have I done? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Retarded cop....

Excellent live band. Great name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The Corrs aren't playing FFS! It came from my post about the female fronted band (which was correctly guessed within about three posts), and my obviously satirical follow up.

So not The Saturdays reunion, thank christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

I think it was 7am, but could have been 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Other Voices is a wooden structure, I presume that stays there all year. It holds about 50-80 people I'd say.
    457396.jpg

• Advertisement

Maybe they are and it'd be no harm if they did. It looks to me like fitting 15 people plus instruments would be a stretch on this stage.

this was them at Vicar Street:

29570785_10155495629259786_8852814260691471702_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a7b30ec28ca912c3c547f4e13c8257e0&oe=5BD44607

29541179_10155495629099786_3669008787385677454_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f2a9d72994a70c641391cb48cf0cea87&oe=5C06FB93

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Today's the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Today's the day!

It had ****ing better be!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Today's the day!

It's like Christmas morning.

Santa better not be a dick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Part of me hopes they actually hold off until tomorrow or Monday now.

I'll miss the nice community of frustration that has built up from waiting...

Guess it'll be replaced by one frustrated with the lack of/prominence of _____ on the line-up.

That and the Corrs as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

So far I’d have a list to see of,

Massive Attack
    NERD
    Garbage
    St. Vincent
    Lost brothers
    David Kitt
    Wolf Alice
    Friendly fires
    Chvrches
    Fontaines DC
    Pillow Queens
    George Ezra
    Hak Baker
    Modern Strangers
    Soulé
    Jorja Smith

That’s not a bad weekend before adding in Salty dog, Trailer park and today’s huge announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

The main acts added in this announcement last year were Elbow, Phoenix and Mura Masa so I’m not getting my hopes up that it will be earth shattering. I’d say one big name, a few of the “bigger” Irish acts and then some ok 3rd ring acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

If we do get an announcement today, what time will it be? I seem to remember it coming about 11.30am - 12pm last year?

ricerocket wrote: »
    The main acts added in this announcement last year were Elbow, Phoenix and Mura Masa so I’m not getting my hopes up that it will be earth shattering. I’d say one big name, a few of the “bigger” Irish acts and then some ok 3rd ring acts.

if they could announce Mura Masa, Phoenix again and someone as big as Elbow that isn't Elbow, I'd be delighted.

missed MM at EP as they were clashing with Phoenix and can't go to ATN to see them this weekend. Then Phoenix cancelled their Olympia gig earlier in the year.

and Elbow are sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Between 12pm and 1pm would be the best guess.

All of Body & Soul, Hazel Wood, Other Voices, Transmission and the Tesco dining thing came between midday and 1pm so would expect it to follow that pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Major Dad wrote: »
    If we do get an announcement today, what time will it be? I seem to remember it coming about 11.30am - 12pm last year?

Think it was about 1pm last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Oh god the anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Ah the magic hours before the announcement. When all is possible however unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Please don’t let us down EP. Surprise us pleasantly. Let us all saunter into the BH weekend nodding and smiling and saying - I knew it would be ok in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

I’ve been out sick from work so I for one am excited to see the conclusion of this hell week. Very little to distract me while waiting for the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Ham Sandwich was just a silly name they made up for themselves because they couldn't think of a better name at the start, and when they wanted to change it, the name had stuck and they couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

I hope for their own reputations sake that after all this waiting they serve up some decent acts that will provide a decent buzz amongst a majority of the crowd....don’t want anyone to be disappointed but at the same time there’s no way everyone is going to be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Ham Sandwich was just a silly name they made up for themselves because they couldn't think of a better name at the start, and when they wanted to change it, the name had stuck and they couldn't.

Same with Bombay Bicycle Club that was the name they had when they started to take off and they felt they couldn't change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I see people complaining on ATN social media last night. Directions given getting 2 approach village names wrong.

Also people surprised at both the timings and costs of shuttle buses running to and from Waterford to the site. Especially for Sunday.

• Advertisement

I'm bracing myself for a pile of mostly sh1te that I don't care about, with a few good acts, so an afternoon of disappointment.

and then put together with the rest of the lineup and further announcements, it'll end up being a decent lineup, same as always...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement