Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Car Seat Headrest is a RIDICULOUS name for a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Made out a list of what I would go see. Plenty of good stuff to see, but it needs 3 or 4 more top quality acts (what is quality says you!).
    Based on who is touring around the same time, I'd like
    Vampire Weekend
    Big Thief
    Franz Ferdinand
    Hookworms
    Titus Andronicus

Not a big fan or anything, but Damien Rice is doing some touring at the mo but nothing around EP dates so he is going to be my wild guess as an announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

My husbands says last nighy. Why are you always so excited about this, you are always wrong and end up disappointed. You get excited about being disappointed.

Im in an abusive relationship with EP announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 13 summer02

The tour dates page on Radiohead's site is not loading....perhaps they have taken it down to make changes...just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

LowOdour wrote: »
    Made out a list of what I would go see. Plenty of good stuff to see, but it needs 3 or 4 more top quality acts (what is quality says you!).
    Based on who is touring around the same time, I'd like
    Vampire Weekend
    Big Thief
    Franz Ferdinand
    Hookworms
    Titus Andronicus

Not a big fan or anything, but Damien Rice is doing some touring at the mo but nothing around EP dates so he is going to be my wild guess as an announcement!

Was listening to him on the way to work thinking he'd be a great addition. Very good live despite his low key songs.

Might be a bit big though for a second announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

kg703 wrote: »
    My husbands says last nighy. Why are you always so excited about this, you are always wrong and end up disappointed. You get excited about being disappointed.

Im in an abusive relationship with EP announcements

This is me in a nutshell. Every year I hold out a glimmer of hope that they are gonna blow it out of the water and then I'm crushed when its like the feckin script or someone

And me! I never learn..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

BTW - Ham Sandwich might be a "fun" name but they are fab performers - wow, her vocals are amazing.

If I'm found by my desk, on my hands and knees at 12.00 it will be a combo of the Angelus whilst praying for a good announcement - the anticipation is exhausting.

I'm hoping for Hozier, David Byrne, Muse, Kasabian, Gorillaz, Fat Boy Slim, Stone Roses/Ian Brown, Happy Mondays/Black Grape. I'm PRAYING for Florence (could be pushing my luck there). Thinking one of the Jessie's will be there, we'll prob end up with The 1975 again and Years and Years.

Still wondering who the big 80's act/s will be as there were loads last year - loved by all - Madness/Chaka K/Duran Duran/Pretenders ……………….

PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

and Elbow are sh1te.

tenor.gif

Coz wrote: »
    It's like Christmas morning.

Santa better not be a dick!!!

Narrator : But Santa was a dick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Judes wrote: »
    BTW - Ham Sandwich might be a "fun" name but they are fab performers - wow, her vocals are amazing.

If I'm found by my desk, on my hands and knees at 12.00 it will be a combo of the Angelus whilst praying for a good announcement - the anticipation is exhausting.

I'm hoping for Hozier, David Byrne, Muse, Kasabian, Gorillaz, Fat Boy Slim, Stone Roses/Ian Brown, Happy Mondays/Black Grape. I'm PRAYING for Florence (could be pushing my luck there). Thinking one of the Jessie's will be there, we'll prob end up with The 1975 again and Years and Years.

Still wondering who the big 80's act/s will be as there were loads last year - loved by all - Madness/Chaka K/Duran Duran/Pretenders ……………….

PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY :confused:

Also hoping for a big 80s act. Saw erasure earlier this year they would be great but finishing a massive tour at the end of August. Maybe a little stop at stradbally after would be good

• Advertisement

My 12 year old is humming Take On Me as he butters his toast. I’m taking it as a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

PinkCamper wrote: »
    My 12 year old is humming Take On Me as he butters his toast. I’m taking it as a sign

Buttering his toast? Ham Sandwich? The Jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

PinkCamper wrote: »

Love it!!! I am so convinced they are going to be announced we blared them on our journey home from work the other day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mushypeas12

What time is announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There’s going to be something there for me to be happy about I’m sure. Already knowing dj kose is playing and I know there will be a few more dance acts added...Mano le tough I hope will be too.

dusters wrote: »
    Love it!!! I am so convinced they are going to be announced we blared them on our journey home from work the other day :-)

Then his brother said - are you gonna finish Depeche of toast?

I’m going mad

What time is announcement?

Usually around 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Coz wrote:
    Santa better not be a dick!!!

Coz wrote:
    It's like Christmas morning.

Narrator : But Santa was a dick...

Gold. Comedy Gold.

A-ha / Erasure - YES PLEASE - saw A-Ha at The Marquee Cork a few months ago - atmosphere was just brill (sound quality wasn't the best) but it was just a wonderful night. Erasure - never saw - would love to - "Kylie" is being mentioned on radio in background - promoting her concert tour - when did she last do any festivals???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Judes wrote: »
    ... David Byrne...

Touring stateside at that time, playing in the Point on Oct 24th though.

(i have my ticket, that's all that matters)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Erasure were celebratory back in ‘07. Belter of a crowd.

Erasure would be a great addition. Enough to make me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Just out of curiosity has any reputable news outlets confirmed there is a main announcement due today?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Just out of curiosity has any reputable news outlets confirmed there is a main announcement due today?

Apart from the local news that was posted the other day I haven't heard anything. Can you image the outrage on here if it doesn't happen . :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I feel like one of the radio stations would have said something by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Slanderous

That’s a really scary thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

"Electric Picnic organisers confirmed to the Leinster Express that the next big headline announcement is coming on Friday, August 3!" - why just this told to the Leinster Express :confused:

Well it's mid-day and 2FM Entertainment "sponsored by EP" headed by Lottie Ryan said anything ........... EP site still states "coming soon" under Schedule :mad: (My prayers were not answered).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Just think it's strange that EP haven't mentioned on social media nor have 2FM said anything. Usually there is some form of a communication.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement