Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

recyclebin wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, but we are all getting older. The Prodigy have been around a long long time now. Firestarter is 21 years old.

Massive Attack are in the same boat.

Yeah they've been on the go since early 90s.
    But I meant a heritage act like Echo and The Bunnymen, like in previous years they had ABC simple minds boomtown rats all in recent years can't see anyone like that in the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

pedrozeno wrote: »
    So The Prodigy for Sunday night according to their website.

Shambles!

thats a pure shambles. had to be friday!!!! brain dead stuff. zero excitement for them on a sunday verses friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Jerry Fish will have our backs...

Was hoping for Frames this year. Hopefully Glen and Friends back again this year in some form.

And hopefully not drowned out by another stage like last year.

But yeah for me it’s been a poor xmas day. On way down to ATN now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

sweeneed wrote: »
    thats a pure shambles. had to be friday!!!! brain dead stuff. zero excitement for them on a sunday verses friday night

They're playing in Italy on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

The demand for tickets over on Facebook has shot up so if it really is that bad for anyone your ticket will be snapped up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

davew121 wrote: »
    The demand for tickets over on Facebook has shot up so if it really is that bad for anyone your ticket will be snapped up
    same on toutless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

03-50-oftm5-qy0oe.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

please no prodigy on sunday!

that is legit the worst lineup they've ever put out, by a long long way. Cut price local bands all over it. Wow. If people don't get the hint and stop helping this crap sell out before the lineup is announced, it will carry on milking the suckers for all it's worth. Shameful by the organisers. So glad I gave up on it a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

03-50-oftm5-qy0oe.jpg

giphy.gif

While I get that they're not for everyone, they're certainly not on my "must see" list, the fact remains they're one of the most popular acts in the country, they're also from 10 minutes over the road from the festival. Also, nobody is going to force you to go see them, there will be other bands on at the same time, I promise.

• Advertisement

While I get that they're not for everyone, they're certainly not on my "must see" list, the fact remains they're one of the most popular acts in the country, they're also from 10 minutes over the road from the festival. Also, nobody is going to force you to go see them, there will be other bands on at the same time, I promise.

Boyzone and Westlife were popular too back in the day, there's no excuse for them as a fcvking headliner for EP.

I know they sold out 3arena blah blah but they probably play for 2 slabs of dutch gold and a snack box.

I'm not going anyway. But just sickens me seeing punters being ripped off so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Why is St Vincent bumped so far down the bill?

Her show last October was the best gig of 2017 hands down both sonically and visually and now she's expanded it for arenas.

It will be a good weekend it always is but I will be strictly avoiding Picture This!

Boyzone and Westlife were popular too back in the day, there's no excuse for them as a fcvking headliner for EP.

I know they sold out 3arena blah blah but they probably play for 2 slabs of dutch gold and a snack box.

I'm not going anyway. But just sickens me seeing punters being ripped off so badly.
    the vast majority of punters seem absolutely delighted with the additions.

acts I'd go to see:

Kendrick
    Massive Attack
    Prodigy
    King Krule
    St. Vincent
    Nina Kraviz
    Ash
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Chvrches
    Death Grips
    Denis Sulta
    DJ Koze
    Friendly Fires
    Garbage
    Gomez
    Jessie Ware
    Jungle
    Mall Grab
    Mount Kimbie
    Peggy Gou
    Wolf Alice
    Delorentos
    Ham Sandwich
    King Kong Company
    Scarlxrd
    Laoise
    Fontaines DC
    Ryan Vail
    Sleep Thieves
    David Kitt
    Gundelach

although there's only about 5 of them that I'd actually go out of my way to specifically see....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

03-50-oftm5-qy0oe.jpg

giphy.gif

The funniest part of this is the sold out sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

759 acts last year.

Leaving out Foodie things, Mindfield and Comedy etc there were 550 Music Acts and DJs.

So far there are only 199 acts announced.

We've a long way to go folks.

As someone else pointed out, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish are yet to come.

And that's why EP is a place to avoid these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

is it not a positive with all these bands playing that at least the fake tan brigade wont be near me for most of the weekend as when these bands are playing i can head somewhere else... listen we would be giving out no matter what, in their defense they have the greatest rapper alive, they have peggy gou and nina kraviz 2 off the most talked about djs out there.. prodigy and massive attack for the old school... certainly cant be accused of not supporting the irish acts anyways... yes of course the big **** up is the lack of quality guitar bands... being honest im disapointed but know that i will havea great weekend, i kind of like kendrick and those bland irish bands being there in a weird way as all the teenagers will head to them and i can head off the other way and not feel like im at a youth disco... people id really like to see... the prodigy, peggy gou, nina kraviz, king kong kompany,sigrid, ham sandwich, ... acts i dont mind being dragged along too ash, george ezra, nerd, chvrches,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I’d consider it if they have a solid lineup in 2019. This year’s is just nowhere near good enough for me. EP is far superior still, despite the mass presence of some really poor Irish & UK acts. EP is really now all things to all people. I’ll stil buy a cheap early bird for 2019 but with the option of selling later based on lineups.

With you on this ATN has potential however EP defo changing for the worse. Where's the usual 80s legends decent subheadliners. Grumpy old man

Why is St Vincent bumped so far down the bill?

Her show last October was the best gig of 2017 hands down both sonically and visually and now she's expanded it for arenas.

It will be a good weekend it always is but I will be strictly avoiding Picture This!
    she's in the 2nd tier, which is in alphabetical order? :confused:

bar a couple, everyone in her tier would be much more popular anyway, ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Exactly. As I said in a previous post we're in a minority with our superior music taste! Most people will be happy with the new additions.

Picture This being on before Massive Attack means I can enjoy my cans in the campsite before heading in.
    Look for the positives people!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Didn't King Krule get an album of the year nomination last week?

He's more depressing than Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

hi your tastes seem like mine, whats the 5 ud go out of ur way to see as amatter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Blatant cash grab from EP.
    Must be the weakest line up in years.

Hard to overestimate how popular those 2 ****ehawks from Athy are, so expect the place to be overrun by the tweens .
    Looking at the comments section on Facebook confirms this.

Seems like a seminal moment for EP. I expect a lot of the traditional people wont bother booking again, the 20 year olds will take their place.

Circle of life and all that. To be honest it had gotten very stale, same things in the same areas for the last decade, little to no innovation on site.
    There are so many things that are fun the first time and then just left for the next 10 years - caravan area, Salty dog.
    Hard to see why people would go back year after year.

Will mix it up next year and go to other festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Before you start blaming the "chungwans", my 17 year old brother who is very much of the Longitude crowd is currently disgusted....not sure if that's saying much though.

There were seven below top people last year and there's ten this year. Safe to say that's filled up and final?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Just because Picture This are popular doesn’t make it okay. Love Island is popular. Koka noodles are popular. These are still terrible terrible things to serve up to people.

People are also fangirling over them because they’re very local to stradbally. Gah their accent. *punches wall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

All things considered Picture This should not be given the privilege of being named on the top list among the likes of Kendrick Lamar, NERD, The Prodigy.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well with scxrlord, prodigy, RSAG and death grips there should be at least one act per day to make my ears bleed... i would have liked another few though.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Exactly. As I said in a previous post we're in a minority with our superior music taste! Most people will be happy with the new additions.

Picture This being on before Massive Attack means I can enjoy my cans in the campsite before heading in.
    Look for the positives people!

Surely you'll be in the arena before the second last act on the main stage?!

Long walk back for a few warm cans as opposed to a cold (expensive) pint chilling out in B&S... Even drinking cans in the Salty Dog would be better surely?

• Advertisement

carq wrote: »
    Blatant cash grab from EP.
    Must be the weakest line up in years.

Hard to overestimate how popular those 2 ****ehawks from Athy are, so expect the place to be overrun by the tweens .
    Looking at the comments section on Facebook confirms this.

Seems like a seminal moment for EP. I expect a lot of the traditional people wont bother booking again, the 20 year olds will take their place.

Circle of life and all that. To be honest it had gotten very stale, same things in the same areas for the last decade, little to no innovation on site.
    There are so many things that are fun the first time and then just left for the next 10 years - caravan area, Salty dog.
    Hard to see why people would go back year after year.

Will mix it up next year and go to other festivals.

the main things that have changed have been more and more sh1t commercial sponsor areas, and an increase in the amount of gob****es that spend all day drinking and roaring in the campsite now that Punchestown doesn't cater for that anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement