Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Gomez doing a 20th anniversary show for Bring it On

Would love that. If I'm right though they did the album at EP 3/4 years ago so may not be booked again for the same. Anyone know whether my memory is playing tricks?
    How did I miss that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Stillill42 wrote: »
    How did I miss that??

Was just thinking the same thing, didn't know they'd played since 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    How did I miss that??

Was just thinking the same thing, didn't know they'd played since 2008!

Could they have played it for the 10th anniversary in 2008 or was it a different set? Pretty sure I'm wrong about 3/4 years ago but I've some recollection of them playing the album at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

yep it was 2008, plenty of a gap there.

yep it was 2008, plenty of a gap there.

Did they play the full album that year? They must have clashed with something special in 2008 for me to have missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mani82

Hi folks. Have people used festihuts and what do y'all think of them? I see a previous poster said they are moving to pink moon. Our pink moon tent wasn't great this year. Leaked amd not in great shape. Looking for an alternative. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Did they play the full album that year? They must have clashed with something special in 2008 for me to have missed that.

I missed it too, i think they might have been in the Electric Arena when Sigur Ros were on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

After St Vincent's already legendary gig at the Olympia last night, she must have a headline slot at EP next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

After St Vincent's already legendary gig at the Olympia last night, she must have a headline slot at EP next year.

All three nights. Mhmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Really hoping for Chvrches for 2018. They set the EA on fire in 2015.

weren't they arrested or that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gomez doing a 20th anniversary show for Bring it On

Gomez will make their highly anticipated live return to Dublin on Friday 27th April 2018 with a special performance at The Olympia Theatre to celebrate 20 years since the release of their Mercury Prize winning debut “Bring It On

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

mani82 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Have people used festihuts and what do y'all think of them? I see a previous poster said they are moving to pink moon. Our pink moon tent wasn't great this year. Leaked amd not in great shape. Looking for an alternative. Thanks.

I hvnt personally but friends did and they said best money they ever spent. We done pinkmoon tipi and agree with you...ours leaked and was pitched arse ways. I don't think the festi huts any warmer than the tents but the beds are well risen off ground so bound to feel drier

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gorrilaz just announced for Open'er festival in Poland , Can see them either doing Longitude or EP(if they are still touring by Sept)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Gorrilaz just announced for Open'er festival in Poland , Can see them either doing Longitude or EP(if they are still touring by Sept)
    Playing malahide castle in June apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Gorillaz, Liam Gallagher and LCD all playing Malahide Castle in June.

3 different dates obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

How many does Malahide Castle hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

thebusher wrote: »
    Gorillaz, Liam Gallagher and LCD all playing Malahide Castle in June.

3 different dates obviously

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Would 'take it' if  on offer!

Looks like LCD, Gorillaz, National, Bad Seeds not Stradbally-bound. Can't see Arcade Fire returning so soon after their April gigs & Radiohead only doing a mini-tour in 2018 so I'm struggling to see what big names EP will be getting.

Best guesses would be The The, Beck & War on Drugs. Any more realistic suggestions? Could it be a much poppier year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Looks like LCD, Gorillaz, National, Bad Seeds not Stradbally-bound. Can't see Arcade Fire returning so soon after their April gigs & Radiohead only doing a mini-tour in 208 so I'm struggling to see what big names EP will be getting.

Best guesses would be The The, Beck & War on Drugs. Any more realistic suggestions? Could it be a much poppier year?

The The would be an excellent addition and loved Beck in 2014. (Missed TWOD in 2015 as I opted for Battles. No regrets)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

QOTSA, Royal Blood, David Byrne, St Vincent, Bon Iver, Bjork, Chance The Rapper are a couple possibilities for late summer festival slots. Def wouldn't worry one bit.

Excited to find out who's not going to be there. So far i've knocked out Gorrilaz, future islands and LCD. War on drugs will support The National @ donnybrook so they're gone too.

Exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The National, The War on Drugs, LCD, Gorillaz, Nick Cave, Arcade Fire are all ones I would have liked to see at EP. Not ecstatic about the options in the above post apart from David Byrne.

I'm sure it will become clearer when we know who's around at the end of the summer. This year's headliners were a bit out of the blue so maybe next year will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This is the article on LCD, Liam etc., although nothing 100% yet.

http://nialler9.com/lcd-soundsystem-gorillaz-among-those-reportedly-set-to-play-malahide-castle/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

QOTSA, Royal Blood, David Byrne, St Vincent, Bon Iver, Bjork, Chance The Rapper are a couple possibilities for late summer festival slots. Def wouldn't worry one bit.

Excited to find out who's not going to be there. So far i've knocked out Gorrilaz, future islands and LCD. War on drugs will support The National @ donnybrook so they're gone too.

Exciting.

War on drugs supporting the national! Should be the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Is it confirmed that war on drugs are supporting the national in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Is it confirmed that war on drugs are supporting the national in Dublin?

No; just assumed based on the UK All points East listing.

Like they need some quality support to justify a festival esque experience over the two days of donnybrook. I'd imagine War on drugs for one day and someone else for another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fatfrog wrote: »

All reports yesterday quoted the buzz.ie article as far as I remember. They're all being removed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fever Ray have released a new single, which is a good omen as an album may follow and a tour, I don't care, a standalone gig or a spot at next years Picnic or Body & Soul festival would really nice.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Now that is one weird video! Nice tunes, tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

de fook did i just watch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement