Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    any of the not going anymore due to Gavin James & picture this crowd selling a ticket please PM me.
    i have the pink moon sorted months ago but no ticket! pink moon will be a much needed oasis away from
    general camping at this one i feel! i went general camping at ATN for first time in many years and was grand

have you tried toutless?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

St Vincent and Prodigy clashing. Aw man! Provisionally, I'd lean towards St. Vincent as it will be the Sunday night so will probably be all bopped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

St Vincent and Prodigy clashing. Aw man! Provisionally, I'd lean towards St. Vincent as it will be the Sunday night so will probably be all bopped out!
    Eh? Do you know time and day for Annie??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Eh? Do you know time and day for Annie??

Both have Sunday 2nd on their websites. Both are in other festivals on the Friday:

http://ilovestvincent.com/

http://www.theprodigy.com/#tourdates

As to time, that's a guestimate based on the way EP usually have a big clash closing on the Sunday and the Main stage closes earlier. Last year they had Duran Duran, Soulwax, Kiasmos and Ash playing at the same time. I can't see either of them being further down the bill than headliner to be honest, Prodigy in the Main Stage St Vincent in the Electric Arena from 11-12 would be my guess!

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd reckon she's big enough at this point to headline the EA on the Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

**** sake - this on the presumption St.Vincent to close the EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Both have Sunday 2nd on their websites. Both are in other festivals on the Friday:

http://ilovestvincent.com/

http://www.theprodigy.com/#tourdates

Doesn't mean they'll clash though? St. Vincent could well be on earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Are we expecting an additions today considering we got a few last week..
    What have we left ??

Salty Dog
    Trailer Park
    Comedy Tent
    Jerry Fish
    Throwback stage

Tago Mago wrote: »
    **** sake - this on the presumption St.Vincent to close the EA?

Yep. The only other realistic possibility is the c9pm-10.15pm slot on the main stage, which would be less clashey but I can't see them doing that.
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean they'll clash though? St. Vincent could well be on earlier in the day.

No, it doesn't, but it's looking that way. Can't see either of them being any less than headliner of a stage. If it was the Saturday I could see her being on 10.30-midnight and then the prodigy playing 12.30-2am, but the Sunday main stage and EA close earlier. The Prodigy at 2am on the Saturday would be amazing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

At the stage now where a couple of old Irish acts for Jerry Fish and a couple of tribute acts for Salty and Trailer Park and I'm good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah bless, these Charming Men replied to me. Dust those Smiths tshirts off, folks. They're hitting the Salty Dog at 7.15 on the Saturday. Teenagers, approach at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah bless, these Charming Men replied to me. Dust those Smiths tshirts off, folks. They're hitting the Salty Dog at 7.15 on the Saturday. Teenagers, approach at your own risk.

delighted they are playing, pity its not Friday. They usually kick (the teenagers) off the festivities for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's annoying that bands know exactly what time they are playing, but we wont be told until a week before

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Permission to whoop and holler!!
    Get the fug in!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭taramurf

Le Galaxie on their Instagram yesterday said they’d just finished their ‘last’ festival of the Summer. And in response to a question, they said they’re ‘not’ playing EP - quotation marks are theirs so presume they ‘are’ playing. Weird though - would have thought they’re too big for Jerry Fish or Trailer Park. So perhaps there will be another ‘final’ main announcement for lower tier bands?

Unless they’re just doing a DJ set at Salty Dog like they did a few years back? I know they’ve been relatively quiet of late with record label issues, but they can usually well fill a tent with everyone going mental....

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Told yis that several pages back....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Doesn't that apply to everyone? I've been paying bills & trying to get off work since 18 (working when at college in my twenties). But the aforementioned extra cash for the older festival goer means bills are more affordable. Age often means greater seniority at work and can lead to great ease at getting leave. Maybe we're lucky but I've never known any hassle for any of our crew at getting time off for festivals. Worst case scenario they'd head down late on Fri & back on Sun night or early Mon.

That same 2013 survey showed that 28 per cent of UK (figures likely similar here)festival attendees were over 41 with 3 per cent over 65. Another 11% were between 35 and 40. Thus 39% over 35 and festival crowds getting older as people realise they don't have to be 22 to go for a weekend in a field. Anecdotally I've seen many people in their fifties head to their first festival.

In terms of getting a crew together we've several heading to EP, a few instead went to ATN and many also went to Primavera Sound this year as well as Forbidden Fruit. That gig-going ain't changing for a while.

This. Every word.

The idea that festivals are the preserve of twenty somethings whilst the sensible older people stay at home is old hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

When is line up for,
    Anachronica (forest)
    Red bull tropical garden
    Jerry fish
    and any other small ones out.

Also can ANYONE confirm if Ejeca is a defo.

Ejeca said themselves ye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

When is line up for,
    Anachronica (forest)
    Red bull tropical garden
    Jerry fish
    and any other small ones out.

Also can ANYONE confirm if Ejeca is a defo.

Don’t think there will that red bull tropical garden...it was only there in 16 I think? They had that small sounddome thing last year instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Anachronica is out
    Jerry Fish should be out this week, going by last year
    Is the Red Bull venue back this year? The first stage list on the EP App didnt have it.
    Also comedy still to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

have you tried toutless?

far more people looking for tickets now than selling, after last week's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

What was the face value of the Campervan Tickets ?

After staying in our new camper at All Together Now I dont think i can go back to a tent ! So we hope to pick one up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Main Stage 1|Mar 15|Mar 14
    Other Voices 1|May 3|July 5
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19|July 24
    Main Stage 2|June 23|Aug3
    Anachronica|July 12|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27|July31
    Other Voices2|July 31|Aug2
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Heineken|Aug 10|Aug1
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17|N/A

Up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is that really true? It may be just the people I’m familiar with but almost all the forty & fifty somethings I know get to at least one festival a year. That demographic generally has more cash, are usually able to buy an early bird straight after EP in September when many youngsters are financially strapped and most oldies feel utterly comfortable at fests that have a wide age range.

The last research by Statista five years ago showed that the average age at Glastonbury was 38.8 years. That’s a hell of a lot of people over 40 to balance out the younger punters. I’d wager that the EP mean age isn’t far off that.

Our personal group range from 36 to 54 and we’ve older pals who’ve occasionally popped in. EP & other fests wouldn’t survive without the over 35s/40s, particularly in the event of an economic downturn when that’d be the demographic most able to afford tickets. Ignore us at your peril FR.

It's also the demographic who settle down and have kids, who have bills to pay, can't get off work and who simply can't manage three days of carnage in a field.

Average age is not a good measure because older people count for more and so they skew it. So if you have one absolute legend who is 60 and still going, and three 20 year olds just starting out - their average age is 30 but that's meaningless, because three-quarters of your audience are actually only 20. That's who you want to target. (Median age would be a better measure)

I'm in the same age group as you btw and every year it gets harder and harder to get a crew together.
    Wow, normal v non-normal distribution in a forum about EP !! There's a first!
    Me also "that age" - I'm 48. I never had a crew to start with! Norman no mates and love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Anyone know if you can get a slab of hop house and where they might be purchased?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Korvanica wrote: »
    What was the face value of the Campervan Tickets ?

After staying in our new camper at All Together Now I dont think i can go back to a tent ! So we hope to pick one up somewhere.

€100. Very hard to get hold off though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone know if you can get a slab of hop house and where they might be purchased?

Many thanks.

Spotted boxes in a few local Tesco shops over the weekend. Think it was 8 cans for €14. Haven't seen a slab but that might be the cheapest way to get a decent amount of it.

Snarky Snark Snark

Wyvern Lingo self confirmed their time for Sunday@3PM in the EA.

(on twatter)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Are we expecting an additions today considering we got a few last week..
    What have we left ??

Salty Dog
    Trailer Park
    Comedy Tent
    Jerry Fish
    Throwback stage

One DEFINITE confirmation for electric Ireland Throwback Stage is Smash Hits, around same time as last year on the Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

2 man Pink Moon tent for sale, message me if interested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement