Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Now this is something I could get behind...

Sleep Thieves - City of Hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bewitched are playing :(

Sorry to break that news to you folks

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Aaaaahhh no. Whats in forest now instead. Anachronica tore it up technowise last two years.

The line up for anachonica is out. It's still there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    Bewitched are playing :(

Sorry to break that news to you folks

Not even ironically enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Did they not have the two last year? The dome was tiny and nothing special.

No I’m pretty sure that tropical garden was just a one off thing...

• Advertisement

God I wish despacio was back.... I’m finding a real lack in the line up in electronic and house.

mgkelly wrote: »
    Wow, normal v non-normal distribution in a forum about EP !! There's a first!
    Me also "that age" - I'm 48. I never had a crew to start with! Norman no mates and love it!

Soon be time to discuss the annual boardsies meet-up non-event. I started last year in the Trailer Park (Neil Young covers crew Harvest & some others, nice mellow area to start the fest and bars there not busy) and reckon I'll be there again if anyone wants a Friday afternoon natter. Rest of the weekend is generally spent slightly hungover or with nerves shredded, reckon the same for most others here the same so anyone up for a Friday beer before the carnage commences?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

seriously, have any of the meets ever actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not even ironically enjoyable.

this is just depressing, even more so now that it was 5 years ago!

seriously, have any of the meets ever actually happened?

I think a couple were attempted at Booka Brass in Other Voices in 2014/15. Was following the threads then but not contributing. Abject failures by all accounts. However, easier to arrange inside the main arena and if there's a decent band on the Trailer Park main stage circa 5/6 then nothing to lose by popping by for a pint or two. Last year there was absolutely nothing of interest for me in the main arena til Young Fathers at 8. If the Friday is as bad this time I'll just hang out on the periphery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I didn't see one "totally off my face" person all weekend.

I always think this is an age thing too, and speaks to the age profile of ATN. The young ones love their Ket and that’s the stuff that makes you look mad off your banger. And they go too mental on everything really, due to inexperience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

mgkelly wrote: »
    Wow, normal v non-normal distribution in a forum about EP !! There's a first!
    Me also "that age" - I'm 48. I never had a crew to start with! Norman no mates and love it!

46 and go on my own. Always a fantastic weekend

Snarky Snark Snark

Mucker46 wrote: »
    46 and go on my own. Always a fantastic weekend

snap!

Snarky Snark Snark

this is just depressing, even more so now that it was 5 years ago!

jesus that's grim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

jesus that's grim

Its yet more proof at the amazing ability of producers and the advances of technology. I had never realised how bad the raw voices were. You could scrub spuds with a voice that rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

How close to the festival did the schedule come out last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

BigMo1 wrote: »
    How close to the festival did the schedule come out last year?

Tue or Wed of that week!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

It's the same every year, we don't get the full schedule till the week running up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Best way to keep cans cold into Saturday?
    Tried a thermos cool bag last year with loads of frozen packing but still warm Saturday morning.

Was thinking of freezing cans but it seems it messes up flavour and make up of the drink.

Reading about putting them under the groundsheet of the tent. Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

thebusher wrote: »
    Tried a thermos cool bag last year with loads of frozen packing but still warm Saturday morning.

Was thinking of freezing cans but it seems it messes up flavour and make up of the drink.

You could spring for a bag of ice in the shop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’ve never seen this famous shop, I always stay in Pink Moon so I guess it’s not my end

We bring a large cooler box packed with ice and cold cans, not frozen but from a very cold fridge. We have a great trolley though so carrying is easy

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I got a pack of freezer boards in Argos and I freeze a 2ltr bottle of water and pop that in the cooler bag. Cans were cold enough on Sat eve last year and I went down on Thursday. Warm cans on Sunday as I forgot to close the bag Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

haitens wrote: »
    I got a pack of freezer boards in Argos and I freeze a 2ltr bottle of water and pop that in the cooler bag. Cans were cold enough on Sat eve last year and I went down on Thursday. Warm cans on Sunday as I forgot to close the bag Sat night.

Cheers will look for those

Snarky Snark Snark

have a 12 can thermos bag which works a treat, yours should not be that warm that soon

Beer does not freeze well, cider apparently does and I'll be using that approach this year.

It can get baltic at night so sliding them in between the layers of the tent overnight can work to cool them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Roadhouse doors confirmed for the Friday at 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

Booked for Bohemia glamping in the Boutique camping area for the first year....finally feeling too old for standard camping.
    Has anyone stayed in here before?

I'm hoping to be able to park in Yellow Car Park by coming from the Ballintubbert side instead of the Dublin road....has anyone tried this before?

Hopefully this place is worth the money...gonna be a savage weekend as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    God I wish despacio was back.... I’m finding a real lack in the line up in electronic and house.

Would be great if Despacio came back but unlikely. I think this year is better than last for dance music to be honest, Denis Sulta, Mall Grab, Krystal Klear, Peggy Gou, Joey Negro, DJ Koze all good DJs that I might go and see. You have Nina Kraviz, Mount Kimbie, Felix Da Housecat too if they are up your street. The Blaze are electronic more than house music but well worth checking out if you haven't already. Also caught R.Kitt for the first time at ATN and he was good.

Would be great if Despacio came back but unlikely. I think this year is better than last for dance music to be honest, Denis Sulta, Mall Grab, Krystal Klear, Peggy Gou, Joey Negro, DJ Koze all good DJs that I might go and see. You have Nina Kraviz, Mount Kimbie, Felix Da Housecat too if they are up your street. The Blaze are electronic more than house music but well worth checking out if you haven't already. Also caught R.Kitt for the first time at ATN and he was good.

Great review of ATN by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Booked for Bohemia glamping in the Boutique camping area for the first year....finally feeling too old for standard camping.
    Has anyone stayed in here before?

I'm hoping to be able to park in Yellow Car Park by coming from the Ballintubbert side instead of the Dublin road....has anyone tried this before?

Hopefully this place is worth the money...gonna be a savage weekend as always!

Head down M9 to Athy, and approach from that side.

If you try to come down M7 and exit at Monasterevin you're likely be stopped and diverted back to the main route.

• Advertisement

tonto123 wrote: »
    Roadhouse doors confirmed for the Friday at 4.30

Salty Dog again? And any good last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement