Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Salty Dog again? And any good last year?

Salty dog yes, I didn't see them last year so am sure they be worth checking out to get the week end going... Theirs some vids on u tube of them at ep last year

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I’ve never seen this famous shop, I always stay in Pink Moon so I guess it’s not my end

We bring a large cooler box packed with ice and cold cans, not frozen but from a very cold fridge. We have a great trolley though so carrying is easy

It's in Hendrix/Joplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Excellent last year really got the crowd going.

https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/6XyXvJHjEIBkPQUleaPxUd?si=YXE6-vdARWiSU8X8ts1Zew
    For any one interested playlist of my main arena must or like to see bands. Where possible song choice based on recent gigs. Hope you find something new in it and know many of you have different tastes to me but no picture this, Gavin James etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah lads no point in moaning about B*witched, it's in electric Ireland stage like, supposed to be cheese. Having said that I'll be avoiding it like the plague. I did spend a but if time there over the years, saw yer wan from Ace of Base past year. And 2unlimited a few years before that.

Great amount of Irish acts from Indie added. King Kong Company now essential viewing unless they clash with Prodigy for me, but the talent that's in this country right now is ridiculously good. Ham Sandwich, Wild Youth, Wyvern Lingo so many more. I think the last time the scene was this good for me was the early 2000s. Can't help but feel quite proud of what we have here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Only getting around to comment on the new additions now, as far as I'm concerned about the Irish pop acts announced, thank god we have other stages to go to, my picks from the new announcement would be, The Prodigy, Death Grips, Mavis Staples, DJ Koze, Gomez, Ash and King Kong Company and we still have to get a few more stages announced, so quite happy with that, could be better. There's enough there to keep me going and perhaps I'll meet some of the trad musicians I had a tune with at Body & Soul and have a few more sessions over the weekend. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm banking on seeing some sessions in the Ghaeltact section, I'll hopefully be having a few tunes in pink moon too. Only a learner mandolin player though!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

tonto123 wrote: »
    Salty dog yes, I didn't see them last year so am sure they be worth checking out to get the week end going... Theirs some vids on u tube of them at ep last year

Brilliant!! Loved them there last year. Perfect way to start the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Only getting around to comment on the new additions now, as far as I'm concerned about the Irish pop acts announced, thank god we have other stages to go to, my picks from the new announcement would be, The Prodigy, Death Grips, Mavis Staples, DJ Koze, Gomez, Ash and King Kong Company and we still have to get a few more stages announced, so quite happy with that, could be better. There's enough there to keep me going and perhaps I'll meet some of the trad musicians I had a tune with at Body & Soul and have a few more sessions over the weekend. :)

If Mr EP himself is happy, then that's case closed lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Bwitched good lord wheres my denim...??

I liked the Roadhouse Doors last year does get you in the mood for the weekend alright. Ill be there to watch again I think.

Maybe we should just put a sticker on our coats instead of a meet up so we can have a sly wave and a wink and we walk by each other:D

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Bwitched good lord wheres my denim...??

I liked the Roadhouse Doors last year does get you in the mood for the weekend alright. Ill be there to watch again I think.

Maybe we should just put a sticker on our coats instead of a meet up so we can have a sly wave and a wink and we walk by each other:D

As a Billy no mates I would be more than happy to meet and have a pint with any of the music heads on this board, even picture this fans, the world takes all sorts

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm banking on seeing some sessions in the Ghaeltact section, I'll hopefully be having a few tunes in pink moon too. Only a learner mandolin player though!

We'll get together for a few reels, jigs and hornpipes :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just to recap, most of us appear to be in our 40s, Smiths fans and attending EP on our own. Sure who wouldn't want to meet us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just to recap, most of us appear to be in our 40s, Smiths fans and attending EP on our own. Sure who wouldn't want to meet us?

It does explain a lot of the response here over the recent weeks.

Where please?
    Also when is body and soul acts announced.
    Usually some half decent dance there.

I think this is just main stage, earthship has mother DJs I think at Peace Pagoda has Neil Flynn, probably loads of others I don't know.

bodysoul-lineup-1024x576.jpg

From another post on the thread,
    Body&Soul Stage:

Bad Bones / Barq / Bitch Falcon / Bon Voyage / Daithí / David Keenan / Fontaines D.C. / Gundelach / James Canty / Halo Maud / Hak Baker / Hvmmingbyrd / LAOISE / Lilla Vargen / O Emperor / Oscar Jerome / Orchid Collective / Paddy Hanna / Pillow Queens / ROE / R.S.A.G. / Ruby Empress / Ryan Vail / Sleep Thieves / Slow Place Like Home / Soulé / Super Extra Bonus Party / The Blue Notes / The Brummies / The Modern Strangers / Tracy Bruen / YOUNGR

Earthship Stage:

1000 Beasts / Baba / Beauty Sleep / Blackbird and Crow / Bobofunk / Bobby Basil / Dreaming of Jupiter / DJ Eamonn Barrett / Elaine Malone / Erica Cody / Fat Puppy / Happy Alone. / Jah Monk / Jazz Jam / Junior Brother / Kate Brennan Harding / Luka Palm / Mother DJs / Munky / Naughty Party / Parly B / Proper Micro NV / Rub a Dub Hi-Fi / Spice Bag / Soul Badger / Susie Q / SYLK / The Clockworks / Turf Softies / Will Softly / Worries Outernational

Peace Pagoda: presented by Algorithm:

AGorilla / Baz Hickey / Cáit / Davy Kehoe / Dream~Cycles / Melly / Maria Somerville / Neil Flynn / No Place Like Drone / Now You're Swingin' / R. Kitt / Rob Le Nan / Sarah Rossney / Soft Stone / Wastefellow / Zvuku

The Bandstand:

Aine Duffy / As Humans / BIRDWOMAN / Cantina Bop / Cathy Flynn / Ciaran Moran / Club Comfort / Dreaming of Jupiter / Dublin Digital Radio / Generic People / H&G Creations / Jus Damien / Justyna Koss / Little One / Ophelia / Phraktal / PrYmary Colours / Reveller / Rosa Nutty / Supagreen Sound Machine / Tanjier / Trick Mist / VJ Jackson / Zapho

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Ended up in a bid of a Scarlxrd Google deep dive. No wonder he has all that rage built up if this was his thing for a while. 10/10 quite intrigued. Probably would last 15 minutes at his set though.

https://youtu.be/XfI48Emx6ps

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Did anyone make it to the Transmission stage at all last year??? I walked past it a few times but never seemed to be many people at it. Wondering if it was any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I've updated the clashfinder with all the acts I could find that have self announced times. A good few have dates set but not times so I didn't bother putting those in.
    https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2018/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Also, two acts have announced they're playing the "Solstice Stage" at Body & Soul, I wonder if it's a renaming of a different stage or a new one altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »

We can go and dance on our own..
    And leave on our own..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

I don't mean to say you are wrong but I defo remember me and some randomer asking them at at red bull place where the sound dome was and we left from there to go to sound dome?

There was a red bull area in the main grounds just up from the big wheel the year before it was further down towards the exit/entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Seathrun66 wrote:

Great start to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

€100. Very hard to get hold off though.

Plus about 12e booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MsMojave wrote: »
    Ended up in a bid of a Scarlxrd Google deep dive. No wonder he has all that rage built up if this was his thing for a while. 10/10 quite intrigued. Probably would last 15 minutes at his set though.

https://youtu.be/XfI48Emx6ps

Can't believe that's the same guy. Goes to show how cynical the whole thing is I suppose. Still, I'm looking forward to his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Eco just sent mail with booking numbers and about new location being nearer to Rave in the Woods.

Reminding people it is a festival and to expect some noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Also, two acts have announced they're playing the "Solstice Stage" at Body & Soul, I wonder if it's a renaming of a different stage or a new one altogether?

think it's just the name of the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Both have Sunday 2nd on their websites. Both are in other festivals on the Friday:

http://ilovestvincent.com/

http://www.theprodigy.com/#tourdates

As to time, that's a guestimate based on the way EP usually have a big clash closing on the Sunday and the Main stage closes earlier. Last year they had Duran Duran, Soulwax, Kiasmos and Ash playing at the same time. I can't see either of them being further down the bill than headliner to be honest, Prodigy in the Main Stage St Vincent in the Electric Arena from 11-12 would be my guess!

That clash last year cut me deep. Decided upon Soulwax Live and with their awesome drums setup, they didn't disappoint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I see that the Interference with Glen Hansard are playing in Sept down in Cork.

Missed them last year at Jerry Fish... would be great to see them announced again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement