Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

tonto123 wrote: »
    Roadhouse doors confirmed for the Friday at 4.30

They were brilliant last year and a great way to get things going with a bag o' cans. Same again this year methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Looking forward to kkc after their beatyard performance. Place was jumping

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

thebusher wrote: »
    Best way to keep cans cold into Saturday?
    Tried a thermos cool bag last year with loads of frozen packing but still warm Saturday morning.

Was thinking of freezing cans but it seems it messes up flavour and make up of the drink.

Reading about putting them under the groundsheet of the tent. Does it work?

Get a coolbox. Fits 20 plus cans ,throw a bag of ice on it as you leave the house and they will still be cold Saturday evening

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

tonto123 wrote: »
    Roadhouse doors confirmed for the Friday at 4.30

Seen them in 2015 at the Trailer Park and loved them. Will def catch them this year especially at my favourite stage The Salty Dog :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    That clash last year cut me deep. Decided upon Soulwax Live and with their awesome drums setup, they didn't disappoint!

Yeah all my pals went to soulwax and said it was amazing. But i just couldnt turn down duran duran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Anyone else hear the new ad for this on the radio? Quite long ad extolling the virtues of all the stages/atmosphere etc.

You’d have to wonder what is the point? Seems like a waste of money for a festival that sold out months ago? A bit of extra profile raising in the wake of ATN perhaps? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    That clash last year cut me deep. Decided upon Soulwax Live and with their awesome drums setup, they didn't disappoint!

And DJ Yoda doing his Stranger Things soundtrack. Worst clash I’ve had since Roxy Music v Eels v Public Image Limited in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

the_gommes wrote: »
    Anyone else hear the new ad for this on the radio? Quite long ad extolling the virtues of all the stages/atmosphere etc.

You’d have to wonder what is the point? Seems like a waste of money for a festival that sold out months ago? A bit of extra profile raising in the wake of ATN perhaps? :confused:

Not really, early birds will be on sale in 5 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Plus about 12e booking fee

Campervan ticket was 96.85 including charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Lads and ladies, it's just over three weeks to the festival, I have never been as organised for anything... I sense a disturbance in the force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

declanleo wrote: »
    Get a coolbox. Fits 20 plus cans ,throw a bag of ice on it as you leave the house and they will still be cold Saturday evening

Freeze bottles of water and throw some in, lasts longer than the ice and you have water for the Sahara desert of a mouth on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Question: when are the campervan tickets likely to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Poorside wrote: »
    Freeze bottles of water and throw some in, lasts longer than the ice and you have water for the Sahara desert of a mouth on Saturday.

That's what cider is for

Like the day before. No joke.

Two years ago I got one on toutless about 2 weeks out.

Last year I think it was a about 10 days out when mine arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MatheauWillis

I met a bunch of Irish chicks at Mad Cool festival in Madrid last month who convinced me (wasn't too difficult) to get involved this year, King Krule, Mount Kimbie, Kendrick, St Vincent, Sleaford Mods, Death Grips, The Orielles, Stella Donnelly, Nilufer Yanya etc are all right up my street.

Managed to get a ticket on the 3 sale the other week so will be coming over from Edinburgh for what'll be my first EP. Had a brief read through this forum and most of the questions I had have been answered already so thanks for all the info.

However, I was just a bit curious as to the policy regarding carrying bevy around, I've seen a few folk referencing "bags of cans" (?) Is it similar to Glastonbury where you can just walk around the stages with a rucksack of cans/bags of wine? If not is it relatively easy to take drink through to the arenas?

Also, any other essential knowledge or potential smaller stages a first timer should be checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it similar to Glastonbury where you can just walk around the stages with a rucksack of cans/bags of wine? If not is it relatively easy to take drink through to the arenas?

No, you can only drink your own booze in the campsite. Or sneak some in past security into the main arena. They DO let you bring some booze in after the bars in the arena have closed, but not loads. Bars close at 12am IIRC.

There are some stages accessible from the campsite where you can bring your own no bother (Salty dog, Anachronica, Other Voices, Trenchtown)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I should have stuck this into the initial post with the other stuff

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials

Alcohol for Personal Consumption (not contained in glass bottles)

Campsites : YES (limited to 48 cans per person)
    Main Arena : NO (prior to bars closing at 1am, then up to 4 cans p/p)

Note : you can have spirits in campsites too, just make sure they are in a plastic or other container. You will be made to decant them into another container at the ticket entry or you will not be allowed bring them in if they're in glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Lads and ladies, it's just over three weeks to the festival, I have never been as organised for anything... I sense a disturbance in the force.

You are way ahead of EP then. Still number of stages to be announced app still only has first main arena bands on it. Definitely a shift in the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Also, any other essential knowledge or potential smaller stages a first timer should be checking out?
    Looking at the bands you've mentioned, there'll be plenty on the Other Voices, Salty Dog and Trailer Park stages for you. Body and Soul main stage too.I don't think you'll regret coming over. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

maximoose wrote: »
    No, you can only drink your own booze in the campsite. Or sneak some in past security into the main arena. They DO let you bring some booze in after the bars in the arena have closed, but not loads. Bars close at 12am IIRC.

There are some stages accessible from the campsite where you can bring your own no bother (Salty dog, Anachronica, Other Voices, Trenchtown)

I like to make it a battle of wills with security - I almost don't want to bring cans through, but do because they don't allow them!

In the hood of a jacket is my preferred spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I like to make it a battle of wills with security - I almost don't want to bring cans through, but do because they don't allow them!

I just typed a very bad rant about how bad EP security are (or have been in previous years), I had to delete it as I may have banned from boards it was that bad.... Is is just me? How do others think EP security stack up against other festivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The best trick that has worked for me is if you have a drink or two or bottle of spirits in your hand covered by a hoodie or jacket, then when approaching security raise your hands above your head as if you are ready for a pat down.. They have never actually checked under the jacket in my hand!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Looking at the bands you've mentioned, there'll be plenty on the Other Voices, Salty Dog and Trailer Park stages for you. Body and Soul main stage too.I don't think you'll regret coming over. Have a good one.

And, all of those are ‘bag of cans’ stages.

Just bought 2 new chairs and a trolley in Halfords, chairs are only €7 at the minute and are sturdy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

whelzer wrote: »
    I just typed a very bad rant about how bad EP security are (or have been in previous years), I had to delete it as I may have banned from boards it was that bad.... Is is just me? How do others think EP security stack up against other festivals?

ive never found them bad at all to be honest
    I had one guy take a bottle of wine off me (in plastic , after the curfew)
    still dont know why, but thats about it,

the security last year seemed even cooler than before,
    the ones at pink moon were particulalry sound

cheers

ive never found them bad at all to be honest
    I had one guy take a bottle of wine off me (in plastic , after the curfew)
    still dont know why, but thats about it,

the security last year seemed even cooler than before,
    the ones at pink moon were particulalry sound

cheers

Never had an issue either, and as you said, the ones going from PM into the main arena were sound, 2 pints in plastic cups? No bother.

Yes, don't use the word "chick" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Poorside wrote: »
    Never had an issue either, and as you said, the ones going from PM into the main arena were sound, 2 pints in plastic cups? No bother.

Titty vodka works for me . Two really decent freezer lock bags. Half fill with spirits and remove air and fold over. place in bra. Bobs your uncle, instant cleavage and booze :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

whelzer wrote: »

Met one aggressive young security guy at the door to the Despacio tent. And occasionally grumpy staff checking for cans. But otherwise pretty great I’d say. The festival is relaxed and they fit into that vibe. They’d obviously prefer not to be checking for cans and have often let myself & pals through with them. Pretty friendly lot & obviously happy not to be faced with abuse & aggression whilst doing their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gaffolino wrote: »
    Titty vodka works for me . Two really decent freezer lock bags. Half fill with spirits and remove air and fold over. place in bra. Bobs your uncle, instant cleavage and booze :D:D:D:D:D

whilst "titty vodka" sounds very appealing to me in general!

as a bloke, using that method might not work that well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement