Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Guys, bought the early bird tickets and found a close family member is getting married, so i cant go.
    Question, when do the tickets for this get sent out in the post? Could really do with trying to sell them and putting the money back on the cc, but not sure when the hard copies are out? If its not for another good few months i'll just suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

mel123 wrote: »
    Guys, bought the early bird tickets and found a close family member is getting married, so i cant go.
    Question, when do the tickets for this get sent out in the post? Could really do with trying to sell them and putting the money back on the cc, but not sure when the hard copies are out? If its not for another good few months i'll just suck it up.

Only option is to break up the marriage.

Why should you miss out on happiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

thebusher wrote: »
    Imagine he were to come to Ireland again! Saw him at Malahide Castle. One of my favourite gigs.
    Assume too big for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

mgkelly wrote: »
    Imagine he were to come to Ireland again! Saw him at Malahide Castle. One of my favourite gigs.
    Assume too big for EP?

I'm not sure he is. His gigs don't generally sell out and on the occasions they do, they have been last minute sell outs. Malahide Castle wasnt full. RDS wasnt full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wouldnt be a massive Neil Young fan (just dont know many of his songs bar the likes of the big singles) but that would be a great headliner for EP even though most people might give out.

Was really expecting at least The National, Nick Cave or Gorrilaz to top the bill with a Liam G slot but with them already doing their own shows im really stumped on who EP will get.

Would love QOTSA/Royal Blood/Weezer although wont get my hopes up.

I know they prob would be way to expensive but imagine getting Bon Jovi to do the Duran Duran slot??? They dont have the pulling power like they used

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wouldnt be a massive Neil Young fan (just dont know many of his songs bar the likes of the big singles) but that would be a great headliner for EP even though most people might give out.

Was really expecting at least The National, Nick Cave or Gorrilaz to top the bill with a Liam G slot but with them already doing their own shows im really stumped on who EP will get.

Would love QOTSA/Royal Blood/Weezer although wont get my hopes up.

I know they prob would be way to expensive but imagine getting Bon Jovi to do the Duran Duran slot??? They dont have the pulling power like they used

I wouldn't give out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

mel123 wrote: »

I think it was this year before I got my hard copy tickets for this years gig because I paid installments.

What kind of close family member would do that to you though?!

Liam Gallagher has confirmed for Malahide Castle next year

• Advertisement

Jaysus, Tears for Fears with Alison Moyet and Morrissey also announced this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Picnic will need to get an embargo in place to prevent other classic names been announced for city venues.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

EP cancelled lads, not enough acts :p

kg703 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Tears for Fears with Alison Moyet and Morrissey also announced this morning....
    Ah here. They'd all be amazing for EP. Well look, there's no hard and fast rules. I'm ruling nobody out just yet, gigs or no gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MCD are doing the Arcade Fire and Kendrick Lamar gigs in the 3Arena so expecting to see them headline EP if they're around Europe next summer.
    QOTSA probably headlining R&L for Festival Republic the week before too.

A new album now, a lot of comparisons say its more like The Knife, I reckon more a mix of the two.

A new album now, a lot of comparisons say its more like The Knife, I reckon more a mix of the two.

BD, I'm beginning to suspect that you ARE Fever Ray.

I could see Kendrick also headlining Reading/Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

LCD for Malahide Castle confirmed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Only option is to break up the marriage.

Why should you miss out on happiness?

Or condemn them to a life without it....

• Advertisement

Apparently N.E.R.D are set to return , they would be a great booking imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

MBV are 100% releasing a new album next year according to Pitchfork, that's them on the list :)

I presume Foals will be back on the road with a new album so maybe getting the bump up to headline next year?

Gorrilaz confirmed for Malahide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seen London Grammar in Belfast last night..... and ****ing wow!!!!!! Completely blown away far better than their EP gig. Water front hall is small in capacity 2300 odd, but acoustically and visually it's a dream venue. I can't see them ever playing a venue of that size in future, really special last night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah they are definitely best seen in an enclosed venue. I don't reckon we'll see them at picnic again for a while. Maybe potential future headliners??? Not sure really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Sushhhhh... don't say it out loud ;)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Sushhhhh... don't say it out loud ;)

Once they dont book them for Longitude ha

• Advertisement

8 more sleeps :D:D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement